[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Brees?

Big John

10 hours ago, rajncajn said:

If it was at all possible, I have much more appreciation for Drew's ability to, not only overcome his shoulder injury, but to do it at such a high level. It's amazing to say that the injury likely and ultimately cut an incredible career short.

Interesting. Dude was compensating at a very high level. Helps to have that kind of arm strength to start with. I only noticed it the last few years in terms of having trouble driving it down the field like usual  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

How did he manage to play 15+ years with a shoulder that was so bad he basically cannot throw with that arm today? 

Was it mostly about pain management? Some kind of treatment?

Very impressive either way. 

I imagine it was pain management for awhile and then the shoulder, being degenerative, just wasn't good enough anymore to play at the pro level. In the couple years since retirement, it's probably gotten dramatically worse. 

37 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

How did he manage to play 15+ years with a shoulder that was so bad he basically cannot throw with that arm today? 

Was it mostly about pain management? Some kind of treatment?

Very impressive either way. 

I'd think mostly a matter of consistent training. Once he stopped playing and stopped constantly working to keep himself in football condition then it likely lost a lot of the flexibility he had.

• Like 1