[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Brees?

Big John

Sounds like this all relates to news that Brees is out at NBC after just one year. 

https://nypost.com/2022/05/15/drew-brees-done-at-nbc-after-one-season-as-nfl-analyst/

https://www.si.com/nfl/2022/05/16/drew-brees-responds-nbc-departure-analyst

Strange drama from Brees, maybe he's hurt that NBC didn't want see him as their future game analyst and then Fox throws 100 zillion dollars at Brady to be their guy, whenever he decides he's done playing.

They didn't give him a chance. You cant expect a rookie to be perfect after his first time. Give the man a chance. He is usually a well spoke person. I think they didn't like how everyone was pulling for Tampa to stomp the Saints and he was the only one voting for the Saints and he was right at the end. He needs to be the breakdown play person like Romo.  

nbc-snf-picks.jpg

Edited by CrazyCajun

I used to be on a forum that had a log of discussion of sports broadcasting and they read and follow many in the industry. The consensus of experts is some guys are good at doing the game broadcast and offering commentary, others are better suited to a studio show, be it pre/post/halftime or completely separate. I don't watch much of those shows including Football Night In America where Brees joined Tony Dungy. I also don't watch college football so didn't see how he was on ND games. The networks are making major changes, looking for the next Romo. 

15 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

I used to be on a forum that had a log of discussion of sports broadcasting and they read and follow many in the industry. The consensus of experts is some guys are good at doing the game broadcast and offering commentary, others are better suited to a studio show, be it pre/post/halftime or completely separate. I don't watch much of those shows including Football Night In America where Brees joined Tony Dungy. I also don't watch college football so didn't see how he was on ND games. The networks are making major changes, looking for the next Romo. 

I forgot he also did the ND games. Might have to go watch a little bit to see how he did. 

10 minutes ago, CrazyCajun said:

I forgot he also did the ND games. Might have to go watch a little bit to see how he did. 

He also did one NFL playoff game (Raiders-Bengals), one article I read (NY Post) said he did poorly in that, I don't really recall. Most broadcasters are not great or horrible, some I just find annoying.

8 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

He also did one NFL playoff game (Raiders-Bengals), one article I read (NY Post) said he did poorly in that, I don't really recall. Most broadcasters are not great or horrible, some I just find annoying.

I mean they been having Booger for awhile and he isn't that good. I guess they just like looking at his messed up fingers. 

So I just watched an exchange between Dan Orlovsky and Stephen A. Well Stephen is starting to aggravate the crap out of me more lately. This man doesn't know manure about teams. Dan is the only analyst I seen so far that knows the Saints are so underrated and a quiet storm is coming. He knows if Brees were to come back and Saints bring him in it would be the worst decision ever. I love Brees but he cant throw the deep ball. That's why they got Olave so Winston can do what he does best. They need more explosive plays and Winston is a good QB for that potential.

Edited by CrazyCajun

2 minutes ago, CrazyCajun said:

So I just watched an exchange between Dan Orlovsky and Stephen A. Well Stephen is starting to aggravate the crap out of me more lately. This man doesn't know manure about teams. Dan is the only analyst I seen so far that knows the Saints are so underrated and a quiet storm is coming. He knows if Brees were to come back and Saints bring him in it would be the worst decision ever. I love Brees but he cant throw the deep ball. That's why they got Olave so Winston can do what he does best. They need more explosive plays and Winston is a good QB for that potential.

Not trying to go off on a tangent but Stephen A Smith has been that way for a long time.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, CrazyCajun said:

Brees is not coming back. It was obviously a joke. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Big John said:

Not trying to go off on a tangent but Stephen A Smith has been that way for a long time.

I sleep with the TV on. Terrible habit, but it is what it is.  I had to move my morning alarm up 10 minutes so I could change the channel in time (from ESPN to NFLN) so I wouldn't get woken up to SAS yelling at me at 7am.  By far the most annoying sports TV personality out there right now.  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, LordOpie said:

he is annoying, but is he a racist and sexist like Cowerd?

Stephen A has definitely said comments that can be considered as racist by some. But whatever…he gets paid to flap his mouth, and inevitably sometimes stupid stuff comes out. I tend to give people a pass unless it’s just obvious and relatively consistent 

12 hours ago, darin3 said:

I sleep with the TV on. Terrible habit, but it is what it is.  I had to move my morning alarm up 10 minutes so I could change the channel in time (from ESPN to NFLN) so I wouldn't get woken up to SAS yelling at me at 7am.  By far the most annoying sports TV personality out there right now.  

I tuned out SAS completely after some episode a few years back where he was screaming about somebody who had been retired for like a year or something. The screaming is one thing, the screaming + not knowing what you are talking about is more than I can handle 

Stephen the big A-hole Smith, how anybody could stand to listen to that guy is beyond me. 

As for Brees and the drama, I think some of that is attributed to him saying he may return to NBC when reports are that relationship is over and it was mutual. And of course joking about returning to the NFL. He should focus on the pickleball stuff

14 hours ago, j4pac said:

Stephen A has definitely said comments that can be considered as racist by some. But whatever…he gets paid to flap his mouth, and inevitably sometimes stupid stuff comes out. I tend to give people a pass unless it’s just obvious and relatively consistent 

He's racist, no doubt. If a white guy was as pro-white as he is pro-black he'd be called a racist 7 days a week. Somehow it's excepted and tolerated. 

• Sad 2

On 5/16/2022 at 12:07 PM, darin3 said:

He's just so damned loud. I'm guessing nobody paid attention to him as a kid. 

• Haha 1

• 1 year later...

If it was at all possible, I have much more appreciation for Drew's ability to, not only overcome his shoulder injury, but to do it at such a high level. It's amazing to say that the injury likely and ultimately cut an incredible career short.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rajncajn said:

If it was at all possible, I have much more appreciation for Drew's ability to, not only overcome his shoulder injury, but to do it at such a high level. It's amazing to say that the injury likely and ultimately cut an incredible career short.

heard a replay this morning on the way in.  Impressive.    

• Sad 1