[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Matthew Stafford Placed in Concussion Protocol

League_Champion

Well he was my backup, and I would need him to replace Geno Smith next week. Guess I'll need to monitor that and start looking for a replacement. Not a lot on waivers, almost half our 12 team league have 3 QBs each (one team has just 1). 

Thanks for the heads up.

Hmmm.  What are the chances that neither Murray or Stafford play this week?  I may have to trade for a QB in a dynasty league where there’s nothing on the wire.  I’m probably favored even without one this week, but at 5-4, I can’t take any chances.  😂

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Gopher said:

Hmmm.  What are the chances that neither Murray or Stafford play this week?  I may have to trade for a QB in a dynasty league where there’s nothing on the wire.  I’m probably favored even without one this week, but at 5-4, I can’t take any chances.  😂

Damn, I didn't realize he was questionable. Well that would suck. 

20 hours ago, Gopher said:

I guess neither of their backups are worth consideration. 

3 hours ago, stevegrab said:

I guess neither of their backups are worth consideration. 

Well, unfortunately, waivers run once a week (Wednesday), so that's not an option at this point, anyway.  Had I foreseen this earlier in the week, then yeah, I probably would have grabbed one of them.  Looking at trade options now.   :thinking:

1 minute ago, Gopher said:

Well, unfortunately, waivers run once a week (Wednesday), so that's not an option at this point, anyway.  Had I foreseen this earlier in the week, then yeah, I probably would have grabbed one of them.  Looking at trade options now.   :thinking:

Maybe I'm misunderstanding your use of the term waivers, are you saying those 2 QBs are on waivers for some reason? Or that no roster moves are allowed after that waiver run? (Essentially there are no free agents ever.) A once a week chance to add players to cover injuries and byes seems very limiting (and would make trades a necessity). 

We run waivers multiple times a week, and players that clear waivers are eligible to add up until their game kickoff. 

45 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Maybe I'm misunderstanding your use of the term waivers, are you saying those 2 QBs are on waivers for some reason? Or that no roster moves are allowed after that waiver run? (Essentially there are no free agents ever.) A once a week chance to add players to cover injuries and byes seems very limiting (and would make trades a necessity). 

We run waivers multiple times a week, and players that clear waivers are eligible to add up until their game kickoff. 

Yeah, dynasty league.  Many only have waivers runs once per week (and usually no FCFS).  Looks like I'm making a deal for Goff (giving up Stafford, a few $$, and throwing in Trey Sermon since he has Sanders).  Works for me.  

• Like 1

I'd be shocked if he plays.  The Lambs are down to their third-string left tackle.  Do they really want to put a woozy Stafford out there with a sieve protecting his blind side?

Something else I thought of:  Kyler Murray is also a GTD.  I wonder if the Rams will play Stafford if Murray plays.  If the Cards play Colt McCoy, I'm guessing they might just play their backup.  :shrug: