[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Happy Veterans Day

Riffraff

Armed Forces Day = for those that currently wear the uniform

Veterans Day = for those that chose to take the uniform off

Memorial Day = for those that never got the chance to take the uniform off

If you or a loved one served, thank you!              :usa:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, League_Champion said:

It's sad that this thread doesn't get more attention. It shows you the disrespect for our Military. People flip out talking politics here but they won't take a second to thank our brave heros for the right to do that. 

We gave a lot for these freedoms. 

I think it's less a matter of respect and more a matter of traffic. Also, I don't think someone necessarily needs to post in a thread, or FB or display it on their lapel to show their respect. Kinda the way I've always felt about religion as well. We show more through our significant actions than our words & displays. Often those who are the most generous and appreciative are also the least vocal.

37 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

I think it's less a matter of respect and more a matter of traffic. Also, I don't think someone necessarily needs to post in a thread, or FB or display it on their lapel to show their respect. Kinda the way I've always felt about religion as well. We show more through our significant actions than our words & displays. Often those who are the most generous and appreciative are also the least vocal.

Very well said, I was going to make a similar comment but couldn't quite express myself. One doesn't have to voice things here to care, many people do many more real things to help various groups. 

53 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Well it is nice to step out of the political forum for a second and pay your respects and show you do care, which I know you do. Thank you 

Agree with that as well. I know that it's very much appreciated from military members,  so I would say that if you have the opportunity to thank someone for their service, please do. 

Also, I know that it is just supposed to be Veteran's day, but also thank you to the spouses, children and families of those who served. Their sacrifices are difficult to measure, but very much deserving of our respect as well.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, rajncajn said:

Also, I know that it is just supposed to be Veteran's day, but also thank you to the spouses, children and families of those who served. Their sacrifices are difficult to measure, but very much deserving of our respect as well.

Great points. Nobody suffers worse than the Family, especially during deployment and many aren't the same when they return. It's a hard life, it takes a special Woman. 

2 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Great points. Nobody suffers worse than the Family, especially during deployment and many aren't the same when they return. It's a hard life, it takes a special Woman. 

My sisters best friend in HS was KIA in Iraq and left behind his wife, son and daughter. Steelbunz was actually with me when I got the news when she was here helping me rebuild after Katrina. To this day and still typing this post, I cry every time I think about him. I know it's not the same for everybody, but the sacrifices they've had to make from a very early time in their young lives sticks with me hard. Both his kids were really too young to even remember him, but their family still keeps his memory strong. His son is grown and enrolled at Park University and his daughter still in high school.  I know he would be so incredibly proud of them all.

That's the type of sacrifice I think of when I hear the anthem, every Veterans day and every Memorial day. Not just his,  but theirs a well.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rajncajn said:

My sisters best friend in HS was KIA in Iraq and left behind his wife, son and daughter. Steelbunz was actually with me when I got the news when she was here helping me rebuild after Katrina

I'm so sorry to hear that, it's heartbreaking. I've lost way too many buddies and seen the aftermath left behind. You often ask yourself if any of it was worth it. And once the dust settles nobody cares. The Government throws some money and a folded flag at you, "have a nice life". 

There's more sympathy for drug addicts and criminal in this Country, it's sickening. 

2 hours ago, League_Champion said:

I'm so sorry to hear that, it's heartbreaking. I've lost way too many buddies and seen the aftermath left behind. You often ask yourself if any of it was worth it. And once the dust settles nobody cares. The Government throws some money and a folded flag at you, "have a nice life". 

There's more sympathy for drug addicts and criminal in this Country, it's sickening. 

Sorry to drag up those memories.  As I was saying though, just because you don't always hear their voices, it doesn't mean they don't care. You ask if it's worth it. I think so, I think you do it so that others don't have to see first hand what it takes.