[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Von Miller out for the season

purplemonster

They found ACL damage intra-operatively that wasn't seen on the MRI 

https://sports.yahoo.com/bills-von-miller-miss-rest-173904615.html

Also, if I am reading this correctly, Von signed a 52M guaranteed contract this year and he will be 34 1/2 yrs old starting next year, with a history of 2 season ending knee injuries on the same leg, once in 2014, now in 2022. If he remains effective, nbd, but if not that will be somewhat expensive. 

Edited by purplemonster

• purplemonster changed the title to Von Miller out for the season

Yes $52M of the total 120M in the contract is guaranteed, it looks like about $45M is fully guaranteed 

• $45M guaranteed at signing (signing bonus + 2022 salary + 2023 salary + 2023 roster bonus + $10.71M of 2024 salary)
  • Remaining $6.435M of 2024 salary fully guaranteed in March 2024

from

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/von-miller-7717/

17 hours ago, Big John said:

Especially with Aaron Judge getting "only" $40M per year on a 9-year contract. 

Only $40M per year? How many NFL players are making that? Plus I believe baseball contracts are fully guaranteed at signing, no? I'd say I'd say that's more stupid money than Miller is getting. 

But its all insane money, the top actors and musicians make it, corporate executives make it too. Politicians make a ton of money in one way or another.

Its all relative, to the person making minimum wage somebody making $75K/year is a lot, to the guy making the $75K even the minimum sports contracts are a lot.

• Confused 1

Meanwhile I'm in the only profession in which reimbursement essentially goes down every year.  As an ENT we make less than we did on average in 2002.  And there is a 4.2% global reimbursement cut coming in 3 weeks.  I wonder how well I could kick a football

4 hours ago, 1fastdoc said:

Meanwhile I'm in the only profession in which reimbursement essentially goes down every year.  As an ENT we make less than we did on average in 2002.  And there is a 4.2% global reimbursement cut coming in 3 weeks.  I wonder how well I could kick a football

Should have done facial plastics right 

8 hours ago, purplemonster said:

Should have done facial plastics right 

I have a procedure room in my office and do a lot of it there so I do alright.  And I am opening a Med Spa in 2023.  If that does well I'll open more, franchise them and ditch the current gig.