[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Seahawks new coach

Shaft

8 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

Curious if Lions OC walked away from the Hawks or vice versa.

Ben Johnson backed away.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2024/01/31/lions-ben-johnson-turns-down-head-coaching-jobs-comments-reasons

There is also some talk that his asking price was too high, but seems to be without much facts just the usual "we heard from our source". 

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/if-ben-johnsons-asking-price-spooked-some-teams-what-was-it

Just two of the stories I saw and skimmed. 

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

Ben Johnson backed away.

Well, there are public statements and then there are behind the scenes things that don't get reported.  More specifically I'm wondering if Johnson or McDonald was the Hawks first choice.  

14 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

Well, there are public statements and then there are behind the scenes things that don't get reported.  More specifically I'm wondering if Johnson or McDonald was the Hawks first choice.  

Good luck finding that out. Wouldn't it have to come from a public statement by the team? And aren't those different than what really happened behind the scenes?

I was curious since it involved the Lions, and figured I'd do a little research and share, since you didn't seem to have any idea what was happening (and apparently didn't bother doing any research but are quick to dismiss any information you are given). 

• Confused 3

4 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

Has anyone in real life ever mentioned that you make simple conversations feel like a root canal?

Only when talking to fools who don't know how to communicate.

You asked about Ben Johnson, I tried to provide some info. You dismissed because it wasn't your real question, and its just PR. Maybe you just post to hear yourself talk. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Only when talking to fools who don't know how to communicate.

You asked about Ben Johnson, I tried to provide some info. You dismissed because it wasn't your real question, and its just PR. Maybe you just post to hear yourself talk. 

Yeah but steve, anytime anyone asks about... well... just about anything.... you turn it into some dig at the media.  We get it, you've said it no less than 100 times.  

Just being honest here, I could point out examples, but I have better things to do.  You must know that you do this, though, and to some here it's quite tiresome.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1