[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Best TV option?

1fastdoc

I know this has been discussed but it seems like it changes every year. And it's here because I need a relatively quick response. We don't have cable. 

Hulu live+? Fubu? Nfl redzone? 

For NFL it must have Titans, Dallas. Ole Miss, Virginia Tech are bonuses 

Wifie finally talked me out of Comcast cable about 2 years back.  Saving about $150/month.  I stream all my sports on methstreams with an HDMI cable from computer to TV.  This is FREE.

On 8/25/2024 at 9:03 AM, Ramhock said:

Wifie finally talked me out of Comcast cable about 2 years back.  Saving about $150/month.  I stream all my sports on methstreams with an HDMI cable from computer to TV.  This is FREE.

thanks, I'll check that out

I changed to YouTube TV last year just before NFL season, and have been very happy since. It has NFL Network, so I presume some version of RedZone too. And of course they're the new home for Sunday Ticket. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/7/2024 at 11:01 PM, 1fastdoc said:

Holy chit!!!  Youtube TV with NFL Sunday ticket is 134/month!

Is that a deal, or do you think its high? I was paying almost quite a bit for TV when I dropped it (ATT UVerse) for YTTV. I think it was well over $100, and basic YTTV was about $75. Think my savings were around $80/month (almost $1000/year). 

I don't have Sunday ticket, but may consider at some point if I move out of my team's local area. 

2 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Is that a deal, or do you think its high? I was paying almost quite a bit for TV when I dropped it (ATT UVerse) for YTTV. I think it was well over $100, and basic YTTV was about $75. Think my savings were around $80/month (almost $1000/year). 

I don't have Sunday ticket, but may consider at some point if I move out of my team's local area. 

YTTV tells me it's a deal, I disagree.  We also have hulu, Peacock, Amazon Prime, Netflix.  It's nuts.  But there was no other way to watch the Dallas game.  Then we go to a friends house and he has only a couple channels with an HD antenna.  What game was playing on Fox?  Dallas.  

4 minutes ago, 1fastdoc said:

YTTV tells me it's a deal, I disagree.  We also have hulu, Peacock, Amazon Prime, Netflix.  It's nuts.  But there was no other way to watch the Dallas game.  Then we go to a friends house and he has only a couple channels with an HD antenna.  What game was playing on Fox?  Dallas.  

I take it this means you don't have Hulu Live then.

Since I'm busy with kids stuff, Hulu Live is more than enough NFL for me - get all of the broadcast games on Fox/CBS/NBC/ABC/ESPN plus get redzone channel and NFL network. And since I have Amazon as well, get all their Thursday games as well.

If I "needed" Sunday Ticket/all NFL games, then I'd probably just drop Hulu Live and go with YTTV, but since I am barely ever around to watch the morning/afternoon games on Sunday, it would be pointless for me.

Edited by Big Country

34 minutes ago, Big Country said:

I take it this means you don't have Hulu Live then.

Since I'm busy with kids stuff, Hulu Live is more than enough NFL for me - get all of the broadcast games on Fox/CBS/NBC/ABC/ESPN plus get redzone channel and NFL network. And since I have Amazon as well, get all their Thursday games as well.

If I "needed" Sunday Ticket/all NFL games, then I'd probably just drop Hulu Live and go with YTTV, but since I am barely ever around to watch the morning/afternoon games on Sunday, it would be pointless for me.

No Hulu Live.  From what I read it didn't cover out of local networks.  And if she can't watch Dallas, I'm in trouble.  I think she has a crush on Dak.  Maybe I can get some of that 231 mil

1 hour ago, 1fastdoc said:

YTTV was a great deal for me, replacing UVerse.  When I searched for replacements I wanted something that offered the vast majority of the channels I already used, and it fit just fine. 

Unlike many Americans I don't have a half dozen or more paid streaming services. Not Hulu, Prime or any of the many PLUS services. 

Sure if you have a good antenna and live close enough to the signals you can get your local channels which carry quite a few NFL games every week. Only other thing YTTV gets me as far as NFL games is MNF on ESPN. 

PS  Look at this site https://506sports.com/nfl/index.php, scroll thru the weeks of the NFL schedule, DAL will be on plenty, if you simply have access to Fox/CBS/NBC/ESPN/ABC.  Thru week 8 (includes their bye), 2 SNF games, two featured late slots (1 each Fox/CBS) and a TNF game (you have Prime). In fact their game next week may be the only one in that stretch that isn't a primetime or featured afternoon slot.  After that 2 more MNF games, 1 SNF, 1 on Thanksgiving, and 2 more featured afternoon slots. Just saying, if one is an out of market Cowboys fan they can still easily see 10-12 games. 

On 9/9/2024 at 10:36 PM, stevegrab said:

YTTV was a great deal for me, replacing UVerse.  When I searched for replacements I wanted something that offered the vast majority of the channels I already used, and it fit just fine. 

Unlike many Americans I don't have a half dozen or more paid streaming services. Not Hulu, Prime or any of the many PLUS services. 

Sure if you have a good antenna and live close enough to the signals you can get your local channels which carry quite a few NFL games every week. Only other thing YTTV gets me as far as NFL games is MNF on ESPN. 

PS  Look at this site https://506sports.com/nfl/index.php, scroll thru the weeks of the NFL schedule, DAL will be on plenty, if you simply have access to Fox/CBS/NBC/ESPN/ABC.  Thru week 8 (includes their bye), 2 SNF games, two featured late slots (1 each Fox/CBS) and a TNF game (you have Prime). In fact their game next week may be the only one in that stretch that isn't a primetime or featured afternoon slot.  After that 2 more MNF games, 1 SNF, 1 on Thanksgiving, and 2 more featured afternoon slots. Just saying, if one is an out of market Cowboys fan they can still easily see 10-12 games. 

Thanks for the link.

4 hours ago, Tford said:

We get DAZN. All games live and we can watch later condensed with no ads also.

Full disclosure, I live in Canada.

Good that you mentioned you are in Canada. I suspect this may not be available in US for NFL, based on this info from Wikipedia. 

Also its just another niche service (sports) with a fee.  Not a real TV replacement, if that is what people are looking for. 

image.png.8ed0192350847874c7d243ecb91a7b3d.png

Help. For those with YouTubeTV it supposedly has every nfl game with Sunday ticket. But I can't find the Titans game in the list. Wtf? Am I missing something? 

1 minute ago, 1fastdoc said:

Help. For those with YouTubeTV it supposedly has every nfl game with Sunday ticket. But I can't find the Titans game in the list. Wtf? Am I missing something? 

Is it on a local channel? Sunday ticket has to block out those games in deference for the local channel.

7 minutes ago, Big John said:

Is it on a local channel? Sunday ticket has to block out those games in deference for the local channel.

Crap. 3 million dollars a month for all these streaming services and I don't think I have that. Gf haaad to have Dallas. Damn Dak 

19 hours ago, 1fastdoc said:

Crap. 3 million dollars a month for all these streaming services and I don't think I have that. Gf haaad to have Dallas. Damn Dak 

How do you not have local channels. YouTube TV which one would need in order to access their Sunday Ticket has your local channels. 

FYI

If you miss NFL games and want to see them later, many may get replayed on NFL Network. The NFL also posts extended highlights (10-15min) of each game on YouTube, usually within 24 hours of the game. 

PS  Dallas is on national TV the next few weeks.