[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Could Drew Henson really be ANY worse than Testy?

Grits and Shins

Parcells has always said all that he wants from his QB is no turnovers and scores. Testeverde hasn't given him either of those for eight weeks. I haven't heard Parcells call him out once.

That being said, as bad as Testeverde has been, Henson looked absolutely lost on Thanksgiving Day. With the Cowboys soon to be mathematically eliminated, Parcells will have to get Henson and/or Romo some experience for next season. I mean, Testeverde can't actually be the guy next year too, can he?

Henson hadn't played football for a few years up until this spring, so it shouldn't be a surprise that he's making all sort of dumb mistakes.  I think that he MIGHT be a decent NFL QB sometime in the future, but he certainly needs more time to develop.

608142[/snapback]

And holding the clip board on the sidelines is "good developmental time" I guess.

And holding the clip board on the sidelines is "good developmental time" I guess.

608151[/snapback]

That's what Carson Palmer did last year and it took him until a couple weeks ago to adjust to the NFL.

I agree that it's in Dallas' best interest at this point to start Henson. It usually takes over a year to turn a college QB into a competent NFL QB, so Parcells would be doing his organization a favor by getting Henson experience now.

I think they have to play him. You can't evaluate him if he never sees the field. If this kid is good, he'll show progress. If he's a bust, then you know that the offseason will be a time to scout and scour for free agency. The Cowboy front office won't accept marginal play, especially at the QB position. Gotta let him play, good or bad, so that decisions can be made. Besides, the court of public opinion does have its place in the decison making process. Fans buy the gear, the tickets...etc. Have to respect them, even though you need not do their bidding.

Edited by Ruffian