[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

On the fence choices.

skylive5

Right now everyone should be either in the middle of their FF PO's or starting them. You have shuffled your lineup all year and finally got to where you knew who to play and who to sit.

Along comes these problems:

Blaylock or Johnson

Brown or ASmith

Lewis or Taylor

Barlow or Hicks

Staley or Bettis

Faulk or Jackson

(The Dunn or Duckett thing has sorted itself out at least.)

You assume that all of the above are going to play because the HC said they would. :D

So, after all the angst, research/matchup number crunching, web site visiting, etc., how do you make your final decision? Do you just toss a coin? Do you go with the 'stud'? Do you go over to the FAF here and play the one that got the majority of 'go with ----' ? Go with the player you have been playing all along while the main guy was hurt?

Last week I sat Taylor because everywhere you went Lewis was to start and was going to play the whole game. So much for that BS. :D

Just wondering how others handle the RB problems that shows up this time of year.

The only league I made the playoffs in ... I have none of those problems :D

My problem is choosing which two of the actual starters I should start (James, McGahee, OSmith, JJones) B)

611882[/snapback]

Was gonna say the same thing.

Several studs have tough matchups this week vs good defenses. So take a chance on a lesser RB vs weaker D, or proven RB vs stronger D ?

:D

Edited by Wolv

Whenever possible avoid the "Who Knows" scenarios.

But in the event that you can't...oh who am I kidding.

You give me a 50-50 shot at picking a starter and I can screw it up 100% of the time.

I'm just gonna shut up and be happy with the fact that I can avoid those situations, this year. :D

So... from the responses so far, I can assume that most out there have no problems because they don't have any RB's from the six problem teams.

Interesting.

611902[/snapback]

I acutally have Jamal Lewis in one league but I also have 2 other starters in that league, McGahee & Jones (sounds like a Law Firm). So I can sit Lewis if I want to.

In my other league I have Dunn (Acquired in a trade), but now Dunn is a good start because Duckett is Done, (pun intended). So no problem there. I also have Steven Jackson (drafted) in that league but I don't have to start him either because I also have:

Tatum Bell (got him in a trade right after Droughns went off)

Deuce McAllister (Got him in a trade the week after he got hurt)

Julius Jones (ww pick up 2 weeks before he came back)

Rudi Johnson (drafted)

So I do have some of the players mentioned I just don't have to start them if I don't want to.

In fact my biggest problem is going to be choosing which two to keep for next year.

The only league I made the playoffs in ... I have none of those problems :D

My problem is choosing which two of the actual starters I should start (James, McGahee, OSmith, JJones) :D

611882[/snapback]

Yeah same with me, except I get to chose between James, JJones and DDavis. Tough call, but it sure could be worse.

I am in that boat.

I have Portis who will start.

Then I have Lewis/Taylor, L Johnson, Hicks, and A. Smith

I couldn't forgive myself for not starting Lewis. This time of year I need to go with the studs. Lewis will play as Baltimore is figthing for their lives.

Larry Johnson intrigues me though....

:D LOL... at the WDIS post that has evolved.

I've got serious issues too as you know Sky. B) Portis, J. jones, Westbrook....... start 2... or start just 1 & use Rod Smith instead. I've rode the Philly bangwagon all year with Westbrook & TO and now their sucess may be my downfall in the playoffs. :D This latest blurb from Andy Reid about TO being sore is worrysome. :D

It's all good though...... there nothing like playoff FF games with some serious coin on the line. :D

I would give favor to the RBs I have put in bold for this week. But, this is just my opinion. Whether I would start any of them over an actual 100% starter from another team that is facing a tough match-up is a different story.

Blaylock or Johnson

Brown or ASmith

Lewis or Taylor

Barlow or Hicks

Staley or Bettis

Faulk or Jackson

I'd feel fairly comfortable starting either Johnson or Lewis over guys like Tiki this week. But, the other guys I probably wouldn't.

This really wasn't meant as a WDIS Fraz..... though it may appear to be. :D I already have my lineups in and don't anticipate having to change them unless someone gets a hangnail, or their feelings hurt, during practice. I'm riding the Philly bandwagon myself, especially in my long time league. :D

All I really wanted was to know how people make their choices.... not what their choices would actually be.

You get between a rock and a hard place with situations like I used above and just wanted to see how different Huddlers react to the problem.

It appears that most just go with gut or who they have been playing all along and hope that their guy gets the most carries and plays most of the game. No calls to psychics or coin tosses I guess. Sort of stick with the horse that got you here even if he is banged up and may/may not start, may/or may not lose carries.

well, i find myself with Vick/Carr/ Lefty --- Jlew/Faulk-Jackson-Harris --- AJ/Horn/Witten/Colbert.

So honestly sky I dont know what the hell im gonna do in the first round.

My early guess is Lefty/Jlew/Jackson/AJ/Horn/Witten.

Lefty because Carr sux of late and Vick goes without saying. Jlew bcause i bleve the hype this wk, jackson cause i think he's healthy.

So Either I kill my opponent, or start planning for next year.

Good luck my man.

BTW, I'll be in your neck of the woods on the 26th to see the hawks take on my man Emmitt. I'll think of ya as i sit in the cold rain. do they have garlic fries too?

All I really wanted was to know how people make their choices.... not what their choices would actually be.

612322[/snapback]

understood. Well, in my case it's either J. Jones or Portis. Have been ride'n the JJ bus for a few weeks now with Portis to the bench, but this week I think it's the other way around. Matchups make the call. Portis in SF coming off a nice game... finally.... looks better than JJ in that nuthouse in Philly. Besides, I hate having that many players in one game, already having Westbrook & TO. Bad weather and/or a defensive struggle can ruin you team quickly.

the other option I have is getting Rod Smith in the lineup vs. that sieve in KC..... especially when my opponant is playing Plummer. :D I've rode Wayne all year & despite them playing the Ravens.... I like his chances with Manning go'in outt his mind.

At this point it's all about hunches & matchups. :D

I'm in two scenarios

Droughns v. Bell

and then the who do I start scenario...

I usually go with who I've played all season...I'm always afraid that making a change this late is just bad karma

tq

Right now everyone should be either in the middle of their FF PO's or starting them. You have

shuffled your lineup all year and finally got to where you knew who to play and who to sit.

Along comes these problems:

Blaylock or Johnson

Brown or ASmith

Lewis or Taylor

Barlow or Hicks

Staley or Bettis

Faulk or Jackson

tq

611871[/snapback]

3 of these are probably sorted out now. johnson, hicks and bettis set to start i believe.tq