[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Revenge Sigline Bet : Ravens - Steelers

Menudo

O.k. I have updated the first post with the current combatants. I'll give a shot at the sig, if any Steeler fans have any ideas or changes, let me know.

I, [insert foolish Ravens fans name here], am here to admit that I was foolish to think that my team of criminals, the Baltimore Ratbirds, could compete with the all-mighty Pittsburgh Steelers. Now that the Steelers have knocked my pathetic, over-rated team out of the playoffs, I now devote all of my fandom to the next Super Bowl Chamipons, the Pittsburgh Steelers. I look at their team with extreme envy. They have the best rookie QB to ever play, a great running game, and the league's best defense. They will dominate us and the rest of the division for years to come. They also have a great, classy coach and we have an arrogant, bumbling idiot. Congrats to the Steelers and all of their fans, they are truly the best there is. Yoi !!!! We've Got A Feeling, Pittsburgh's Going To The Super Bowl !!!!! HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO !!!!!!

Edit: Maybe I got carried away. Is there a limit to how long siglines can be ?

Edited by Menudo

O.k.  I have updated the first post with the current combatants.  I'll give a shot at the sig, if any Steeler fans have any ideas or changes, let me know.

I, [insert foolish Ravens fans name here], am here to admit that I was foolish to think that my team of criminals, the Baltimore Ratbirds, could complete with the all-mighty Pittsburgh Steelers.  Now that the Steelers have knocked my pathetic, over-rated team out of the playoffs, I now devote all of my fandom to the next Super Bowl Chamipons, the Pittsburgh Steelers.  I look at their team with extreme envy.  They have the best rookie QB to ever play, a great running game, and the league's best defense.  They will dominate us and the rest of the division for years to come.  They also have a great, classy coach and we have an arrogant, bumbling idiot.  Congrats to the Steelers and all of their fans, they are truly the best there is.  Yoi !!!!  We've Got A Feeling, Pittsburgh's Going To The Super Bowl !!!!!  HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO !!!!!!

Edit:  Maybe I got carried away.  Is there a limit to how long siglines can be ?

627822[/snapback]

:D

O.k.  I have updated the first post with the current combatants.  I'll give a shot at the sig, if any Steeler fans have any ideas or changes, let me know.

I, [insert foolish Ravens fans name here], am here to admit that I was foolish to think that my team of criminals, the Baltimore Ratbirds, could complete with the all-mighty Pittsburgh Steelers.  Now that the Steelers have knocked my pathetic, over-rated team out of the playoffs, I now devote all of my fandom to the next Super Bowl Chamipons, the Pittsburgh Steelers.  I look at their team with extreme envy.  They have the best rookie QB to ever play, a great running game, and the league's best defense.  They will dominate us and the rest of the division for years to come.  They also have a great, classy coach and we have an arrogant, bumbling idiot.  Congrats to the Steelers and all of their fans, they are truly the best there is.  Yoi !!!!  We've Got A Feeling, Pittsburgh's Going To The Super Bowl !!!!!  HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO !!!!!!

Edit:  Maybe I got carried away.  Is there a limit to how long siglines can be ?

627822[/snapback]

Do I have to walk around a spit like Coach Spitball for a week?

628250[/snapback]

I'm not sure of how you can walk around a spit, but you will get the pleasue of watching the Steelers and Coach Cowher in the Playoffs and the Super Bowl while your Ravens are playing Golf. HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO !!!!!!!

By the way, what happened to Justin ???  Has he jumped ship fearing the inevitable.

623581[/snapback]

Real fans never jump ship. And I fully believe that the Ravens can pull of the upset this Sunday.

My presence around these parts have been very limited due to several factors including work, and a very poor FFB season (as steeler can attest to from Hud Ref). Also, I can't commit to being able to log in much next week.

But if the Steelers do somehow figure out a way to win on Sunday, I'll check in to offer my comments and obligatory words of good wishes.

Go Ravens.

The Steelers played great today and deserve the title of division champs. The Steelers were the better team on the field today and - at this point - look unbeatable. Clearly the Steelers are the team to beat (at 14-1) in the AFC and I look forward to watching the playoffs (from the outside looking in - as a Ravens fan).

Thoughts from today's game:

- I was very impressed with Bettis' play. IMO, this is the best that he has looked in 6-7 years. He bowled over every first tackler - it took two defenders to take him down and he was running downhill.

- Ben is a solid QB, but I still think that he is a major benefactor from very well rounded offense. When I think back to a year ago, I try to understand why the Steelers were so bad in 2003, but so good in 2004. I guess it has something to do with Ben, but after watching him for today, it seems like he is still young and made a few mistakes. I guess this is a question to the Steeler fans - what are the differences between '03 and '04 - i.e why such a difference in wins - is it Ben?

- Boller is starting to come around. There is still some major work, but for one of the first games this season, it seems like Boller taking charge of the Ravens offense. He had a few QB scrambles in the first half that were impressive. He moved the ball around and if the Ravens had some good WR's, they could have a dangerous passing attack.

Good luck to the Steelers. :D

Edited by justin

The Steelers played great today and deserve the title of division champs.  The Steelers were the better team on the field today and - at this point - look unbeatable.  Clearly the Steelers are the team to beat (at 14-1) in the AFC and I look forward to watching the playoffs (from the outside looking in - as a Ravens fan).

Thoughts from today's game:

- I was very impressed with Bettis' play.  IMO, this is the best that he has looked in 6-7 years.  He bowled over every first tackler - it took two defenders to take him down and he was running downhill.

- Ben is a solid QB, but I still think that he is a major benefactor from very well rounded offense.  When I think back to a year ago, I try to understand why the Steelers were so bad in 2003, but so good in 2004.  I guess it has something to do with Ben, but after watching him for today, it seems like he is still young and made a few mistakes.  I guess this is a question to the Steeler fans - what are the differences between '03 and '04 - i.e why such a difference in wins - is it Ben?

- Boller is starting to come around.  There is still some major work, but for one of the first games this season, it seems like Boller taking charge of the Ravens offense.  He had a few QB scrambles in the first half that were impressive.  He moved the ball around and if the Ravens had some good WR's, they could have a dangerous passing attack.

Good luck to the Steelers.  :D

632465[/snapback]

Thanks for the classy post Justin. As for your question as to why the Steelers are better in 2004. There are several reasons. Ben Roethlisberger is certainly one of them. Yes, he does make some mistakes now and then, but for most of the season, he has limited them. He is a big reason the Steelers are where they are because he makes plays. Tommy is a good pocket QB, but he simply cannot make the improv plays that Ben does. He also does not throw the interceptions that Tommy does. Another big reason is the speed and youthful exuberance brought to the defense from our two young safeties, Troy Polamalu and Chris Hope. Number 2 on my list of why things have changed is bringing in Dick Lebeau as defensive coordinator. The guy is second to none. He takes smart risks on defense and has these guys having fun playing 'D'. He is gutsy but brilliant in his schemes. The number one reason that the Steelers have improved to such a great degree is there committment to getting back to playing smashmouth, "Steeler" football. They lost their identity last year on offense and fell for the lure of throwing to the three great receivers that they have. This year they have committed to running, thanks to the insistence of our new offensive coordinator, Ken Whisenhunt. It has been a great year, but the playoffs are going to be a battle in the AFC with several great teams. I'm glad the Steelers will be at home, but it certainly is not going to be a walk to hold their ground and get back to the Super Bowl. One last thing.... HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO !!!