[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Free Fantasy Advice - Week 16 - Playoff Edition

Hugh 0ne

Thanks Hugh.  If you'll indulge me with a second bite at the apple: Having read your WR comments on this thread, I'm curious how you feel about E.Kennison as my 2nd WR with R. Moss.  Would you recommend Burleson or Moulds instead? 

Kennison has been very hot, and Moulds has not so I think I'd start K over M....but what about Burleson and R.Moss against GB? 

6 pts. for TD, 1 pt. per 10 yds receiving.  Moss/Burleson v. GB; Moulds v. SF; Kennison v. OAK.

Thanks again.

626638[/snapback]

I'd start Moulds and Burleson over Kennison.

Since you're starting Moss, I think I'd go with Moulds instead of Burleson. Starting both Moss and Burleson isn't a horrible idea, but I like Moulds against a soft 49er team.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Defense question

I have been using Pittsburgh (hosting Baltimore this week) all year

I recently picked up Indianapolis (hosting San Diego this week)

And Miami (hosting cleveland) is available that I could pick up. the scoring is below, my question is who to start (1 team) this week in first round of playoffs

Sack (1)

Interception (2)

Fumble Recovery (2)

Touchdown (6)

Safety (2)

Block Kick (2)

Return Yards (20 yards per point)

Kickoff and Punt Return Touchdowns (6)

Points Allowed 0 points (10)

Points Allowed 1-6 points (7)

Points Allowed 7-13 points (4)

Points Allowed 14-20 points (1)

Points Allowed 21-27 points (0)

Points Allowed 28-34 points (-1)

626650[/snapback]

Stick with the Steelers. Miami has a great matchup, but the Steeers defense should do well against the Ravens and their lack of a passing game. Don't bench the #1 defense in the NFL.

Hey Hugh, Super Bowl time!  I have a question at RB, I made the wrong choice last week in starting Droughns and benching Lewis but was lucky to catch a break and make it through anyway.  Now I am questioning again.  Points are 1 per 10 yds and 6 for TD

I have:

Lewis vs. Steelers (very tough matchup)

J. Jones vs. Washington (another tough matchup)

Droughns vs. Tennessee (doesn't look like he will be getting the carries)

L. Suggs vs. Miami

I have pretty much decided I am benching Droughns, based off of the last two weeks.  Now I have Suggs in the mix and Miami can be run on.

I usually stick with the start your studs theory but those matchups against the No. 1 and 2 defenses concerns me.  Like you have said before it is always more difficult when it is your own team.

Thanks and have a Merry Xmas!

626673[/snapback]

Suggs and Droughns are now both splitting carries. Looks like both should get the bulk of those carries, but it's tough to say.

I would go with my horses. Julius Jones plays a very tough defense, but the game should be close which would result in 30 or so touches. That should result in production. I wouldn't bench Lewis either. Even against the best defense in the league.

Hugh need some help with W/r 1pt. @ 10yds. rush and rec. 6pts all tds.  Need three,

R.Williams vs. Chic

Ward vs. Balt

Holt vs. Phil.

L.Evans vs. SF

K.Colbert vs. TB

B.Lloyd vs. Buff.

Thanks for your help.

626738[/snapback]

I like Holt at home with Bulget back at QB. Start him.

I like the hot Lee Evans against a weak SF pas defense. Start him.

Roy Williams is just too banged up, and he's not playing the Vikes this week. Bench please.

Keary Colbert plays the number 1 pass defense in the league, so I'd bench him.

Lloyd against a tough Buffalo pass defense and Ken Dorsey at QB. Bench please.

I guess that leaves you with Ward, although playing the Ravens, he's your next best option after Evans and Holt.

Good luck. :D

Hey Hugh ...thanks for the help.

I start two RBs , standard scoring ( 1 pt per 10 yards , 6 for TD )

Droughns / Bell ( I have both ) @ TENN

Julius Jones vs Washington

Antowain Smith vs Denver

McGahee / Shaud Williams ( again ..I have both ) @ SF

I am leaning towards Bell and Julius , what do you think ? 

Thanks

626744[/snapback]

Ouch. Julius is a must. I wouldn't start Shaud Williams, too risky. Antowain Smith is just not Chris Brown. Droughns is starting but in a Shanahan RBBC clusterf*ck with Bell.

I guess I'd give the nod to Droughns, and hope he doesn't fumble early and get benched by Shanahan.

Hugh,  you're the man! 

For all the marbles, here's my final WDIS-- thanks!

Julius vs. WAS or Tatum @ TEN

and

Galloway vs. CAR, Roy Williams vs. CHI, or D. Gabriel vs KCC?

626749[/snapback]

Jones for sure. Tatum is hurt and not starting.

I think Galloway is your best option here. I've said it before, Williams is really banged up, and he's not playing the Vikes this week. Gabriel has a nice matchup, but I don't think he'll get the looks that Galloway gets.

Good luck.

Happy Holiday's Hugh:

WDIS at my 2nd rb, Going for the champioship this week.

I have edge at my #1 back.

WDIS at my 2nd back.

Goings @ TAmpa

Bennett vs Green BAy

TAtum Bell @ Tennesee

Suggs @ Miami.

Thanks!

626755[/snapback]

Happy Holidays to you as well. :D

Oh boy, that's nasty. They all have downside. Bennett in some type of RBBC in a gameplan that will probably feature the pass is not a good option. Bell is banged up and Droughns has been named the starter. He should get action, but how much is tough to say making him a risk. Suggs is a decent option, but he's giving carries to Green. I guess that leaves you with Goings. He had over 100 yards in the first meeting with the Bucs. I think he gets the nod. Last week aside, he's been very solid and consistent.

Can you help me out?  Thanks!

2 QB

Brian Griese TAM vs. CAR

Jake Delhomme CAR @ TAM

Patrick Ramsey WAS @ DAL

3WR

Eddie Kennison KAN vs. OAK

Muhsin Muhammad CAR @ TAM

Reggie Wayne IND vs. SDG

Torry Holt STL vs. PHI

Also thought about picking up Joey Galloway

Leaning towards:

Griese & Delhomme

and

Kennison, Muhammad, & Wayne

626756[/snapback]

Based solely on the fact that Ramsey sucks, I'd start the other two, even though the Bucs have the #1 passing defense in the NFL.

I would start Holt over Kennison. Bulger is back and the Rams offense is a different team at home.

Yep, Delhomme and Griese, and then Holt, Muhammed, and Wayne at WR. You should have a nice day.

Hugh, I really appreciate you taking the time to help people out like this. I've got my Superbowl lineup almost set, but I've got three things I'm unsure of. Here is the team:

QB - Volek

WR - Moss

WR - J. Walker

RB - Edge

RB - J. Jones

WR/TE - Lelie

WR/RB - E. Smith

K - D.Brien

DEF - New England

BENCH:

McNabb, Brady

T. Jones, McGahee

J. Shockey

Pittsburgh D

Three things I'm struggling with.

1 - Start Shockey over Lelie?

2 - Pick up Suggs off waivers to start over J. Jones?

3 - Start PIT or NE defense?

Standard scoring. Thanks again for the help!!  :D

626769[/snapback]

You want to start Shockey over Lelie? :D

Do not start Lee Suggs over Julius Jones. Jones will be in a close game and will get a lot of carries. I understand Washington has a tough defense, but Jones shuld produce nonetheless.

Start Pittsburgh's defense. The Ravens passing game is week, the Steelers have the #1 defense, that combo should work in your favor.

Good luck.

Hugh,

Thanks for doing this...

My question is twofold.

First, who do you like this week at WR. Torry Holt vs. Philly, or Jerry Porter vs. KC. And do you think that the weather will effect either's performance?

Scoring for WR's is 1/10-6pt TD's

My second is on Defense. I have the Tampa Bay and Detroit "D"s...I am at a loss as to which one to start.

Defensive scoring is pretty standard....

Thanks for taking the time to do this...

:D

626779[/snapback]

I like Holt this week with Bulger back and playing at home, but I think you have to start Porter against the worst pass defense in the NFL.

I think I'd try and exploit the p*ss poor Bears offense and start the Lions defense at home.

Hugh, I have McNabb this week or Hasselbeck. Hass may be a safer bet as the Hawks are still fighting fopr the playoffs.

In another league I have Larry Johnson starting but can't decide between

Rudi Johnson at home VS the Giants

Dunn VS NO

or Portis at Dallas.

DMD likes Rudi, but I think Dunn could be good this week.

Perf scoring leagues.

Thanks for your advice.

YO HUGH -

Traditional performace league.  Playing my league's commish for the Championship - must win!

I'm sure you're fielding a lot of "should I sit McNabb" questions, but I think I've already settled on sitting him and starting Collins.  Bledsoe is available, but I like Collins.  Tell me if you disagree.  My real issue is that I think I have a case for going against conventional wisdom and starting a WR in my flex where I usually lean to the RB.

Here's who I have penciled in as starting for sure:

QB - Collins

RB - J Jones

RB - D McCallister

WR - R Moss

WR - J Walker

TE - J Witten

That leaves me with 1 WR slot and 1 flex to fill from the following players and this is where I need your help:

J Galloway

L Evans

R Williams

A Smith

T Jones

N Burleson

Shaud Williams

Thanks man

626797[/snapback]

Sitting McNabb for Collins is exactly what I would do. I would sit any and all Eagles from here on out.

I think you should start Lee "I'm on fire and playing a horrible pass defense" Evans, and Nate "the Packers have no secondary" Burleson. I know that has you starting both Burleson and Moss, but they're your best options. Galloway is a decent option as well, but I still think I'd go with Nate. I agree with you about preferring RB's over WR's, but think you don't have a decent enough RB option to make that happen.

Thanks again Hugh, for all your time all season long.

Give me your mailing address so I can send you your 10% commission after I win the super bowl.

Sitting McNabb for Collins is exactly what I would do. I would sit any and all Eagles from here on out.

I think you should start Lee "I'm on fire and playing a horrible pass defense" Evans, and Nate "the Packers have no secondary" Burleson. I know that has you starting both Burleson and Moss, but they're your best options. Galloway is a decent option as well, but I still think I'd go with Nate. I agree with you about preferring RB's over WR's, but think you don't have a decent enough RB option to make that happen.

627986[/snapback]

Do you think McNabb will play the whole game mon night?

i am in the semi final rd for playoffs.

i am thinking maybe i should go get a backup QB

i do not think mcnabb will play the whole game

p.s. Djax or Bruce ??? :D

Hey Hugh,

Thanks as always for the advice!

First question -- who would you start at QB this week:  Billy Volek or Donovan McNabb?  I'm leaning toward Volek. 

Second question -- Looking ahead to next week, which would be my super bowl, I'm looking to replace Chris Brown on my roster, in case one of my starters gets hurt, or doesn't play next week for some reason.  So, I'm trying to find a sleeper RB who might get a lot of carries in the final regular season game.

Available options:

- Shaud Williams, BUF

- Verron Haynes, PIT

- Kevin Faulk, NE

- Kevan Barlow, SF

- Travis Minor, MIA

- William Green, CLE

- Moe Williams, MIN

- Tyrone Wheatley, OAK

Which of these, or any other sleeper RBs, do you think could put up numbers in week 17?  I'm thinking either Shaud Williams, Haynes or Faulk. 

Again, hopefully I won't have to use this guy, and CuMar/Pittman will carry me to the championship, but just in case, I figure I should have some insurance on my bench.

Thanks again, and happy holidays to you and yours!  B)

626803[/snapback]

The sleeper question is a tough one, the QB question is an easy one. Bench McNabb. Volek threw the ball 60, that's right, 60 times last week.

I heard that the Bills are tryong to get Henry back, so that doesn't bode well for Williams future. The other guys are either backups or on the short end of RBBC's. Really not sure what to tell you. :D

Maybe Faulk in case they rest Dillon? :D

Hugh,

Appreciate the responses in the past and hope you can help me keep sanity this week.

I am actually asking for my 15 year old son who has his own team and is in the final game for our league.  If he wins I'm gonna hit him up for a loan.  As for myself, I was four yards short from getting into the payoffs (Chris Brown two weeks ago). Same scoring as in sig.

He has Pennington, Carson Palmer and just picked up Volek as f/a.  He has Volek to start.  I can't argue, can you?

626808[/snapback]

Gotta go with Volek. Bennett is hot, they have no running game, and Volek threw 60 times last week. Palmer is banged up, and Pennington, who had 1 good week last week, has a nasty matchup.

Good luck.

Playoff FF.  Gotta love a championship game!!

One league:

2 RB, 3 WR, 1 flex.  I have the RBS, so I am going 3 and 3.

I rank RBs as follows:

1) Larry Johnson

2) Kevin Jones

3) Brian Westbrook

4) Julius Jones

5) (not an option) McGahee

I like Westbrook over Jones for 2 reasons.  First, the Iggles are back to last year's offense in which Westbrook was the focus and scored many TDs.  He is their best option against a pretty bad Stl. defense.  Second, the Wash D is che good, and I don't trust JJ to get the touches against it.

At WR:

1) R Moss

2) D Bennett

3) S Moss (I know...but teams are figuring out that the Pats can be thrown on)

4) H Ward (Because Balt is tougher in the secondary by a large margin than NE)

5) Toomer

6) Colbert

In another league...if you are interested...

I am choosing between

PICK 2: (in order of preference) Tomlinson, McAllister, Suggs, T Jones, Bell

and 2: Chad Johnson, Reggie Wayne, L Fitzgerald, A Johnson, K Colbert

and last league:

2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, and again I have the RBs

Pick 3 (in order of preference for me): E James, L Johnson, K Jones, J Lewis, T Bell, T Jones, O Smith

and PICK 2: R Moss, J Walker, E Moulds, N Burleson, D Branch

Lots to look at...just wondering your thoughts on my ranks and if a change, why.  No biggie :D

626816[/snapback]

OK, I disagree with you, as usual, about the RB's, and here's why. This game is meaningless for the Beagles. The Beagles just lost their stud WR. The Beagles will now have no passing offense. The Beagles will not risk an injury to Westbrook so I don't see him being productive or playing a lot. You'll see a lot of Levens in this game. Julius Jones plays a very tough defense, but also plays a team that will not put the Cowboys away. In other words, it'll be a close game. A close game should get Jones 30 touches. 30 touches will get Jones some decent numbers. Take my word for it on this one.

I think you got the WR's right. I might consider Ward over Moss, but it's close, and I don't think my argument would be convincing enough to change your mind.

Tomlinson and McAllister.

Chad Johnson and Reggie Wayne.

Edge, Johnson and Jones, with Jamal being a close call.

Moss and Walker, no-brainers.

Good luck. Newbie.

My wife is in a championship game. She needs your wise advice. I can not give it to her because my team sucked all year.

She needs to start 3 of the following 4 RBs in a standard Yahoo game (TDs, yards)

Rudi Johnson vs weak Giants run defense

Westbrook - on MNF vs a weak Stl. Louis defense but they may want to protect him for playoffs

Larry Johnson - vs Oakland.

Bettis vs strong Bal defense.

She is leaning towards Johnson, Johnson and Westbrook. She likes idea of having a MNF player to pick up last minute points.

Please help.

Merry Christmas

626851[/snapback]

I already answered this in a PM to you, no?

Thank you in advance Hugh

This is for the Superbowl of our league, need to start 2 RB

Julius Jones vs Wash (tough matchup)

Willis McGahee @ SF ( does not look to good for him to play)

Emmitt Smith @ SEA (Good matchup)

Tatum Bell @ Tenn ( Looks like he may be the #1 option now)

AM I crazy for leaning towards Bell and Smith in the Superbowl leaving JJ on the bench

Who would you start ?

626858[/snapback]

JJ is a must start given the options you have, and, quite honestly, I think he'll do fine even against the tough Skins defense because he's bound to get a butt load of touches.

McGahee is out, and IMO, Bell is too risky because of the injury and Shanahan's RBBC clusterf*ck. That leaves you with Emmitt, who should have a moderate game against the Hawks.

hello hugh - dave in dallas tx - I am leading in both my leagues - standard scoring - no yds for receptions - will have to chose my qb in my money league - going up against volek - I have brooks vs atl, leftwich at home against houston and bledsoe on the rd against cinn to chose from - who do you think my best play is ??      Last question - do you hear anything on wheather Wheatley will play - with mcgahee down and out looks like I will have to play him - if not I am sh*t outta luck as i have used up all my moves - thanks - dave

626903[/snapback]

Lefty all the way.

And I guess my opinion on Wheatley doesn't matter since you have no other options, so just hope for the best.

Hi Hugh, Thanks for the help in advance. I'm in a standard scoring 12 team league. Have to make a choice between Donald Driver vs. Minn. and Chris Chambers vs. Detriot.

Huddle has Driver with 80yds and td vs Chambers 50 yds. td

ESPN give chambers advantage with 110 &1 vs. Driver 40 & 0.

Healthy CB Antoine Winfield for Minn. said to limit Driver's production. Chambers harder to go man to man with Detriot's Secondary and you have Favre in the Dome.

Only other option is Clayton vs. Car.

Guess its S......... or get off the pot. Thanks for help.

The sleeper question is a tough one, the QB question is an easy one. Bench McNabb. Volek threw the ball 60, that's right, 60 times last week.

I heard that the Bills are tryong to get Henry back, so that doesn't bode well for Williams future. The other guys are either backups or on the short end of RBBC's. Really not sure what to tell you. :D

Maybe Faulk in case they rest Dillon? :D

628031[/snapback]

Thanks Hugh! I had already benched McNabb, and picked up Faulk, thinking just that same thing. So, thanks for confirming what I was going to go with, and again, thanks for all the advice you've provided all year ... you're the man!

Hopefully I'll need one last round of advice next week in the super bowl! B)

Good luck to everyone, and Happy Holidays!!! :D

OK, I disagree with you, as usual, about the RB's, and here's why. This game is meaningless for the Beagles. The Beagles just lost their stud WR. The Beagles will now have no passing offense. The Beagles will not risk an injury to Westbrook so I don't see him being productive or playing a lot. You'll see a lot of Levens in this game. Julius Jones plays a very tough defense, but also plays a team that will not put the Cowboys away. In other words, it'll be a close game. A close game should get Jones 30 touches. 30 touches will get Jones some decent numbers. Take my word for it on this one.

628061[/snapback]

It's good reasoning. Perhaps, and even likely is superior to my own. I will reflect on this matter.