[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Happy Holidays, Huddlers!

msaint

A Merry Xmas/Hannukkah/Kwanzaa/Ramadan/(insert clicking Bushmen/Aborigine holiday here)/Whatever else you celebrate.:D Hope everyone has a safe and happy day. Mrs. Saint and I will be spending the day/night over ar her aunt's house, opening gifts, stugging our fat faces with grub, yapping with relatives, and watching the games that the NFL has mercifully scheduled. And though my juggernaut of a team has been improbably eliminated in the semi-finals for the second straight season and I have no fantasy rooting interest except a meaningless 3rd/4th place game, I will put my inevitable 10-state killing spree on hold.

After all, it's Christmas.

A Merry Xmas/Hannukkah/Kwanzaa/Ramadan/(insert clicking Bushmen/Aborigine holiday here)/Whatever else you celebrate.:D Hope everyone has a safe and happy day. Mrs. Saint and I will be spending the day/night over ar her aunt's house, opening gifts, stugging our fat faces with grub, yapping with relatives, and watching the games that the NFL has mercifully scheduled. And though my juggernaut of a team has been improbably eliminated in the semi-finals for the second straight season and I have no fantasy rooting interest except a meaningless 3rd/4th place game, I will put my inevitable 10-state killing spree on hold.

630621[/snapback]

Great Book.........Great christmas gifts to my brothers. Can't wait for the second addition.Seasons greetings

630621[/snapback]

Thank you. I liked your book as well. Marry Christmas/Hahhukkah/and all others(I am Bahai) to all of you too.

I loved the book Mark.  My wife said that you are living my life with a different name.  An absolute must for fantasy football enthusists.  How are sales of the book going?

630662[/snapback]

I'm looking forward to reading Mark's book. I have not bought one yet, but every Super Bowl evening we all try to get together and watch the game and I like to do something different each time. I will be buying a copy of the book for every owner this time. I hope they like it.

I'm blind from eating my own weight in shrimp, but will try to type coherently...thanks for the book purchases, glad it made a good holiday gift for so many of you. Spain, the sales are going pretty well, but not sure on exact number, haven't gotten a recent update from editor/publisher, but I think it's somewhere under 10,000, that's for sure. In other words, not enough to allow me to stop working forever and retire to my own private Caribbean island. The holidays have given us a nice little boost, though. Have a NY Times Book review slated to run January 2nd, and even if they trash it – which they most certainly might; the topic is a bit "low brow" for their tastes, probably :D – I'm excited to just have the NY Times review it, and hopefully it'll help start the year off with some more sales...or it'll ruin my "career." :D:D

Now, off to watch Shaq pimp-slap Kobe, and then settle into the couch for some football!!! B)

Hope everyone's having a great day.

Pardon my ignorance, but what is Bahai?

630775[/snapback]

Bahai Faith is a religion, about 150 years old, that believes that all religions come from the same God, believes in the unity of science and religion, believes that prejudice needs to be eliminated if war and fighting will ever end, believes in a spiritual solution to problems and that problems between religions are not because of God but because of how people manipulate what God, said.

That is oversimplified, but generally believes in unity of people and religions.,

Bahai Faith is a religion, about 150 years old, that believes that all religions come from the same God, believes in the unity of science and religion, believes that prejudice needs to be eliminated if war and fighting will ever end, believes in a spiritual solution to problems and that problems between religions are not because of God but because of how people manipulate what God, said.

That is oversimplified, but generally believes in unity of people and religions.,

631128[/snapback]

That is pretty cool.... and also the direction, believe it or not, the Catholic church has taken. They no longer preach that non-catholics are bound for helll heathens, as so many of the other largest world religions now preach. It's more about peace and love, perfect fodder for a Christmas discussion.

Sorry msaint, I did buy the book for myself, but these knuckleheads in my local... well, I'm not sure they can read. I think this benefits me, and teaching them how to read might make it harder for me to make the playoffs every year. Like NOT telling them about the Huddle. :D

That is pretty cool.... and also the direction, believe it or not, the Catholic church has taken. They no longer preach that non-catholics are bound for helll heathens, as so many of the other largest world religions now preach. It's more about peace and love, perfect fodder for a Christmas discussion.

Sorry msaint, I did buy the book for myself, but these knuckleheads in my local... well, I'm not sure they can read. I think this benefits me, and teaching them how to read might make it harder for me to make the playoffs every year. Like NOT telling them about the Huddle.  :D

631305[/snapback]

Don't give up your secret, Rovers! I wish I could have had it both ways in the book: tout the Huddle the way it deserved WITHOUT giving away the URL to my leaguemates. Already one other owner -- Brady12, who's been making lots of friends here already with his pro Pats/Brady rebuttals B) -- has joined the Huddle, and it's kinda creepy having him around here, like he's inside my head. GET OUT OF MY HEAD, BRADY12!!! :D And I'm sure all these other weasels in my league lurk here to see what kinds of trade/lineup questions I'm asking. Punks. Keep the secret safe for yourself!

631128[/snapback]

Thanks Randall. Most of it sounds pretty good. But that whole one world government thing freaks me out. Other than that, it seems decent..