[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Richard Seymour

CaptainHook

I just saw the replay on ESPN's NFL PrimeTime of the Seymour injury. It doesn't look good. He left the game under his own power, but did not return. It sure looked like the type of injury that would cause him to miss some significant time. I'm sure we'll get a straight answer as to the nature and severity within the next few days from the Patriots, right? :D

Edited by CaptainHook

No link, but all the local radio is saying 3-6 also.  Of course, I'm pretty sure you'll need a tribe of angry buffaloes to keep him off the field in 3 weeks when the Pats open up.

633593[/snapback]

Seymour will be there when they open up from what i heard. He was walking around yesterday with a slight limp. Hardly seemed like a limp that would require 6 weeks. NOt too worried if he is hurt even though he is a monster, afterall his backup is Jarvis Green. I am quite sure the Colts fans remeber him in last years AFC Championship game (3 sacks)...........

I cannot confirm the above.  It may be bogus. :D

3-6 weeks is the typical length of recovery for an MCL sprain. . .

633397[/snapback]

Apparently Mort is reporting the same . . .

Seymour and the rest of the Pats will have about 20 days to rest up and – figuring Peyton & Co. most definitely win at home – get ready for the Colts at Foxboro. Most likely in the snow. Again. I'm sure the Colts fans here will say this is the game they wanted all year, for redemption, for Peyton to prove his naysayers wrong and stick it to all the memories of playoff games gone bad, etc. etc. and, well, looks like you'll get your wish, that exact matchup looks to be riiiiight on schedule. :D Gonna be a good one. This is a much more complete Colts team than last year, but if I'm an Indy fan and being honest with myself, I don't really want to go back to Gillette in mid-January. Just too many evil spirits to exorcise. Then again, we Sox fans said the same thing about heading into Yankee Stadium....

As for me, I'm smelling a sigline bet w/ Captain Hook.....how 'bout it, Cap'n?:D

Edited by msaint

I make no promises until the Colts make it out of the first round.

MCL sprains are no joke. I've not seen guys recover from those in 3 weeks. Safety Bob Sanders had one this year and so far he has missed 5 weeks. Cornelius Bennett had one on week 16 in 1999 and he couldn't get back for the Colts first play-off game, even after the Colts first round bye.

Yes, I rember Jarvis Green well. :D

Edited by CaptainHook

I make no promises until the Colts make it out of the first round.

633690[/snapback]

Hmm, has the looming spectre of Gillette Stadium already caused a slight crack in the season-long Indy bravado? :D Seriously, I honestly don't think your boys lose at home against SD/BUFF/NYJ or whomever else they play, but if you don't want to jinx yourself and would rather wait until after Round 1, that's cool.

Meantime, just to prep for your new sig, should I have you say that you're Tom Brady's personal gimp, or that Peyton is? Or should I have you just say that you're Peyton's personal fluffer? So many possible directions to go here.... :D

Edited by msaint

Meantime, just to prep for your new sig, should I have you say that you're Tom Brady's personal gimp, or that Peyton is? Or should I have you just say that you're Peyton's personal fluffer? So many possible directions to go here.... B)

633704[/snapback]

:D I'm gonna have to see the sig line before I agree to it, for sure! :D

Yeah, I'm gonna have to admit that playing in NE is a bit of a downer. Colts are a turnover prone bunch in that stadium, for some reason. But I'd hate to have some ridiculously untasteful sig line. :D

By the way, nice sig line, phenom :D

Edited by CaptainHook

Yeah, I'm gonna have to admit that playing in NE is a bit of a downer.  Colts are a turnover prone bunch in that stadium, for some reason.  But I'd hate to have some ridiculously untasteful sig line. :D

By the way, nice sig line, phenom :D

633826[/snapback]

Yeah it is nice isn't it. But those type of siglines are what you get when you don't just bet on sure things............

In case anyone is remotely interested, here is an article I found today (although it is still not definitive as to the extent of his injury) and remembered this thread. Source (only the Richard Seymour part is pasted in here, including a blurb about Ty Law):

Seymour may need rest only

By Nick Cafardo, Globe Staff  |  December 29, 2004

According to sources familiar with his injury, Richard Seymour may need only a couple of weeks' rest for his left knee to heal and thus would be available for the Patriots' first playoff game the weekend of Jan. 15-16.

Seymour was injured during last Sunday's game when Jets center Kevin Mawae landed on him in the third quarter. Seymour left the game and didn't return. He was limping in the locker room after the game.

He had an MRI, and while there was no word on the results as of last night, there were strong indications that the team will proceed as though rest is all that is needed. That could mean that Seymour merely sprained a medial collateral ligament rather than tearing it.

It also appears that cornerback Ty Law, who has missed two months with a broken foot, will be saved for the playoffs and not try to play in Sunday's season finale against the 49ers, which has no implications for playoff seedings. Law worked out prior to the Jets game but was limping afterward.