[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Broncos secondary continues "message"

Hitman

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had to mute it after about 5 minutes. Phil Simms likes talking about Peyton more than Madden talks about Favre.

647653[/snapback]

So, do you actually root for any football teams/players, or does your life simply revolve around hating Manning and Republicans?

Im not a fan of either of these teams but I just wanted to point one thing out after reading this thread..Marvin Harrison absolutely leveled Champ Bailey on the Reggie wayne TD

647641[/snapback]

I wish they'd showed a better replay of that. That block was better than any TD he's had this year. Bet that's gonna be a fun play to watch in the locker room tomorrow.

Marvin Harrison is the classiest WR in the league, IMO. Maybe not the full-blown stud he's been in the past (and thus I'm not sure I agree w/ the contract he received), but still a great receiver. And taking the "changing of the guard" with class. (OK, 67 Mill helps).

Hope to see him get a ring this year.

I wish they'd showed a better replay of that.  That block was better than any TD he's had this year.  Bet that's gonna be a fun play to watch in the locker room tomorrow.

Marvin Harrison is the classiest WR in the league, IMO.  Maybe not the full-blown stud he's been in the past (and thus I'm not sure I agree w/ the contract he received), but still a great receiver.  And taking the "changing of the guard" with class.  (OK, 67 Mill helps).

Hope to see him get a ring this year.

648081[/snapback]

That block will be replayed forever in Chump Bialeys mind if not on every ESPN broadcast, it was an amzing final statement, or reply, to the Bronco's assertion that the Indi WRs were "soft". That Denver secopndary left that game lookign about as hard a an Easter Peep.

I don't know, rather I'm pretty sure that it's not a changin of the guard at all. This was a season where Wayne emerged as a legit threat and teams got caught off guard as they thougth they could just shut the Colts down by doubling down on Harrison. He's a team player and knows that drawing that covereage opens up Wayne, Stokley, Clark and Pollard. He's doing his part, does get his share of passes (he wasn't all that far behind Wayne) and like Manning, would rather win a Super Bowl than a Receiving title.

I'm no Colt fan, but I love this team.

Marvin Harrison is the classiest WR in the league, IMO.  Maybe not the full-blown stud he's been in the past (and thus I'm not sure I agree w/ the contract he received), but still a great receiver.  And taking the "changing of the guard" with class.  (OK, 67 Mill helps).

648081[/snapback]

Well, you can't really cite "diminishing skills" when Marvin's receiving stats drop simply because Peyton has been spreading the ball around a lot more over the past two seasons. There's no way he'll get anywhere near 143 receptions again, but that has more to do with the emergence of Wayne, Stokley, and Clark than Marvin's age. I don't agree that there's a "changing of the guard" either. Wayne's developed into a very good WR, but a lot of his success has to do with the fact that Marvin's double-covered most of the time.

Marvin should have about three or four more productive years before age begins to slow him down. Hell, Jimmy Smith just had a very good season at age 35 (on a bad offense as well).

Talk is cheap.  I'll just watch the hits and enjoy.

644700[/snapback]

Did the Denver defense have a decent hit all day??

You're going down, you bunch of dome-playing turf-walking sideline-chasing pretty-boys!!! :D

645126[/snapback]

Atomic, where are you?

The pregame talk was about Lynch, and how they brought him to Denver in part, so the Harrison untouched play didn't happen again.

I believe it was on Wayne's 1st TD catch, the 35 yarder, where the fraud Lynch was exposed. The sky vision replay showed Lynch in the background, before the ball was even thrown. The balls in the air, and he heads to area of the pass.

Lynch mosied up there, kinda get's blocked by his own guy and Stokely, and doesn't even make any attempt to stop Wayne.

Not sure if anyone else saw the same highlight/replay, but this guy is going to the Pro Bowl?

Aftermath, Lynch in Background

Edited by Patsfan04

B)

What an azz kicking.  Atomic, I'll have your yearly sigline ready sometime in the morning.   :D

647758[/snapback]

Gutter (in front of Senate Commitee): "I knew that it was going to be bad, Senator... I did not know that it would be this bad."

Sheesh. I expected a loss... but they didn't even cover a 22 point teased spread. Not one decent hit all day by anyone on defense. Breagh.

Lay it on me. I can take whatever you can give.

We shall overcome

We shall overcome

We shall overcome some day

Oh deep in my heart

I do believe

We shall overcome some day

:D

P.S. I hope it rains next week.

Peyton: "What is this... falling water?"

Stokley: "Oh my God... my white uniform is dirty!"

Harrison: "I can't cut on this mud... why don't they close the top of this place! I don't understand!"

Edited by AtomicCEO

I'll be easy on you this year Atomic. Got uglier fish to fry. :D

Here you go:

"We were confident coming in," Broncos safety John Lynch said. "Some people thought we were foolish for that, but I stand by that. Coming into this game, I felt like it was a team we could play with. Obviously, it didn't happen." --No John, it didn't happen and those who thought you were foolish were correct, and I stand by that.

BTW, here are some other quotes from DEN:

"They're a darn good football team, and they just kicked our rear ends," Broncos coach Mike Shanahan said. Short and sweet

"They took advantage of me being a rookie out there," said Alexander, who stood tall after the game to describe his day. "It was kind of difficult. It was a hard day for me. Nah, what makes you think that "Roc"? :D

"It's going to be a sour off-season . . . ," Plummer said. "We just didn't get it done again." Starting to sound like a recording there Fake, er I mean Jake

Edited by Hitman

The pregame talk was about Lynch, and how they brought him to Denver in part, so the Harrison untouched play didn't happen again.

I believe it was on Wayne's 1st TD catch, the 35 yarder, where the fraud Lynch was exposed.  The sky vision replay showed Lynch in the background, before the ball was even thrown.  The balls in the air, and he heads to area of the pass.

Lynch mosied up there, kinda get's blocked by his own guy and Stokely, and doesn't even make any attempt to stop Wayne.

Not sure if anyone else saw the same highlight/replay, but this guy is going to the Pro Bowl?

Aftermath, Lynch in Background

648541[/snapback]

Yeah, Lynch was a complete waste out their yesterday. And you are correct, he did not even attempt to tackle Wayne, or to come throught the slight attempt to block him by Stokley. It was like Roc Alexander thought Kelly Herndon was gonna tackle him. Herndon thought Lynch was going to get him. And Lynch thought Alexander had him. End result? Nobody got him. And it just wasn't that play. Lynch came in several times VERY late to the ball, and couldn't even get a hit in. How he got to go to the Pro Bowl over Rodney Harrison is beyond me.

P.S.  I hope it rains next week.

Peyton:  "What is this... falling water?"

Stokley:  "Oh my God... my white uniform is dirty!"

Harrison:  "I can't cut on this mud... why don't they close the top of this place!  I don't understand!"

648598[/snapback]

:D :bawling:

I'll be easy on you this year Atomic.  Got uglier fish to fry.  :D

648720[/snapback]

I hope we earn the right to lose to you again next year. What with San Diego suddenly being good and Vermeil sticking around again... it's not a sure thing.

I love the Denver Broncos, and I am not ashamed!!!!!!

Oh... the waters rising,

How will we get to the other shore?

Many hearts are broken,

But we... Ain't got so far to go...

No we... Ain't got so far to go...

I'm just gonna keep singing spirituals until pre-season. :D

I don't know, rather I'm pretty sure that it's not a changin of the guard at all. This was a season where Wayne emerged as a legit threat and teams got caught off guard as they thougth they could just shut the Colts down by doubling down on Harrison. He's a team player and knows that drawing that covereage opens up Wayne, Stokley, Clark and Pollard. He's doing his part, does get his share of passes (he wasn't all that far behind Wayne) and like Manning, would rather win a Super Bowl than a Receiving title.

I'm no Colt fan, but I love this team.

648133[/snapback]

Well, you can't really cite "diminishing skills" when Marvin's receiving stats drop simply because Peyton has been spreading the ball around a lot more over the past two seasons.  There's no way he'll get anywhere near 143 receptions again, but that has more to do with the emergence of Wayne, Stokley, and Clark than Marvin's age.  I don't agree that there's a "changing of the guard" either.  Wayne's developed into a very good WR, but a lot of his success has to do with the fact that Marvin's double-covered most of the time.

Marvin should have about three or four more productive years before age begins to slow him down.  Hell, Jimmy Smith just had a very good season at age 35 (on a bad offense as well).

648175[/snapback]

Good Points, I guess I can't dispute.

In the past few years, when there was nobody opposite him doing anything to take the pressure off, he was still getting wide open, with no one within 5 YARDS of him. This year, he just doesn't seem to get that open. I haven't seen all that many games, so it's just speculation on my part. Agree w/ all the points about emergence of others.

A classy, team player. Nice to have.