[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rodney Harrison

Bill Swerski

..."Not In Our House"..."not today....not tomorrow"

God I love that commericial.....

Colts will be living proof of that commercial come Sunday night

651480[/snapback]

I suggest you record that commercial to video tape and store it away. It will be a poignant reminder of days gone by when the Pats sink back to mediocrity...

I'm sure I will get beat up for this, but I just don't believe that you can be a devoted fan to more than one NFL team.  I simply do not understand how it can be done.  I have other teams and players in the league that I admire, but if what they are doing has anything to do with impeding the Steelers success, they quickly move into my dislike category.  Just my $.02

651656[/snapback]

I see your point Menudo, but I think you can have a favorite team, but still cheer for other teams. I know a lot of people who have an AFC team and a NFC team that they pull for. Also someone may have grown up in a certain area and cheered for the team as a young 'un, but now be in a different location and follow their new local team as well. I am a big Texan fan, but also pull for the Vikes, Colts (Manning is actually my favorite individual player, not a Texan), Panthers, or anyone playing the Cowboys. But I can see how someone can more than 1 fave. Just my $.02.

I see your point Menudo, but I think you can have a favorite team, but still cheer for other teams.  I know a lot of people who have an AFC team and a NFC team that they pull for.  Also someone may have grown up in a certain area and cheered for the team as a young 'un, but now be in a different location and follow their new local team as well.  I am a big Texan fan, but also pull for the Vikes, Colts (Manning is actually my favorite individual player, not a Texan), Panthers, or anyone playing the Cowboys.  But I can see how someone can more than 1 fave.  Just my $.02.

651751[/snapback]

I have 3 fav teams....

1. Miami

2. Who ever is playing the Pats

3. Who ever is playing the Broncos.

I'm sure I will get beat up for this, but I just don't believe that you can be a devoted fan to more than one NFL team.  I simply do not understand how it can be done.  I have other teams and players in the league that I admire, but if what they are doing has anything to do with impeding the Steelers success, they quickly move into my dislike category.  Just my $.02

651656[/snapback]

Have you ever lived in two different NFL cities for extended periods of time? If the teams aren't in the same conference and aren't rivals, it's pretty easy. Plus, the Bears have been in the playoffs what... like twice in the past 10 years? I still root for them but, man, they've been tough to watch for some time. Then, suddenly, Manning, Harrison, and Edge take Indy by storm in the late '90s. It was a no-brainer.

That said, in the unlikely event that the Bears and Colts meet up in the SB, I would have to root for the Bears (my "original" favorite team).

Edited by Bill Swerski

But I thought that Belichick was God?  So, does this mean that Brady isn't Jesus anymore?  :D

:D

651389[/snapback]

Hey does anyone have a pic of Brady riding the Jesus Horses?

I'm sure I will get beat up for this, but I just don't believe that you can be a devoted fan to more than one NFL team.

651656[/snapback]

I agree with you and I think it might have something to do with being a fan of the greatest organization in the history of sports, the Pittsburgh Steelers (you think I'll get beat up for that?). I think it has something to do with the Rooney's being Pittsburgh natives, and how they run the orgainzation with loyalty being a big part of their operation.

I live in Tampa FL and even through the Bucs SB victory season I wasn't converted.... and never will be. People frequently ask me why I don't switch to root for the home team. I say because I'm a Steeler fan :D and that doesn't change with a change of address.

What a great response by Harrison.  Revive the negative Athena that happened last year (or whenever) when Manning called him a liquored-up kicker, and also remind him that he missed a FG in the first regular season game this year.

651182[/snapback]

:D Yep. Well done. Hey, VJerk -- here's a :D for ya!

I suggest you record that commercial to video tape and store it away. It will be a poignant reminder of days gone by when the Pats sink back to mediocrity...

651707[/snapback]

This just shows your ignorance. Not only is the 2 time SB MVP only 27, they have arguably the youngest and most talented D-Lines in the NFL. An organization starting with the owner who financed his own stadium to keep it here in Foxboro. A combo of Pioli and Belichik that is head and shoulders above any other team. Add in the lowly Fins in our division. We're not going anywhere! :D

That was exactly how the week 1 game ended. Vandy had been doing his "money" thing and telling the fans that the goal posts are "mine" throughout the game. Then this happened:

4-20-NE 29 (:24) 13-M.Vanderjagt 48 yard field goal is No Good, Wide Right, Center-48-J.Snow, Holder-17-H.Smith.

Woulda tied the game at 27 and sent it to OT.

You'd think he'd have learned his lesson.

I agree with you and I think it might have something to do with being a fan of the greatest organization in the history of sports, the Pittsburgh Steelers (you think I'll get beat up for that?). 

651848[/snapback]

No, because if a Steeler or other team's fan says something like that in this forum, it's just loyalty or confidence; when a Pats fan says it, however, it's "arrogance." Double standard galore. :D

I guess the tag gets distorted based on whichever team has taken home the Lombardi hardware the last couple of years. If Pittsburgh or Indy wins this year – which either one very well may – look out Steeler, Menudo, Squeeg, Capt.Hook, Swerski et al, because everyone here will suddenly become very jealous, very spiteful, and very eager to turn your posts/words into "arrogant homer posts."

Legal note:my defense of all wrongly persecuted Pats fans excludes Ugly Tuna. He's a rogue operative who went "off the reservation" a while back, like Jason Bourne, and all we're trying to do is damage control, or track him down and "close his case file." :D

Legal note:my defense of all wrongly persecuted Pats fans excludes Ugly Tuna. He's a rogue operative who went "off the reservation" a while back, like Jason Bourne, and all we're trying to do is damage control, or track him down and "close his case file." :D

652382[/snapback]

Oh you are giving UT waaaaaaay too much credit here when you compare him to Jason Bourne. No way does he have the moves of a Jason Bourne. I'd say he was more like Chevy Chase or Dan Akroyd in whatever movie that was where they were the decoy secret agents ... bumbling along with no idea what the hell they are doing.

However, I do wish you luck in closing his case file :D

Oh you are giving UT waaaaaaay too much credit here when you compare him to Jason Bourne.  No way does he have the moves of a Jason Bourne.  I'd say he was more like Chevy Chase or Dan Akroyd in whatever movie that was where they were the decoy secret agents ... bumbling along with no idea what the hell they are doing.

However, I do wish you luck in closing his case file :D

652386[/snapback]

Spies Like Us.

This just shows your ignorance. Not only is the 2 time SB MVP only 27, they have arguably the  youngest and most talented D-Lines in the NFL. An organization starting with the owner who financed his own stadium to keep it here in Foxboro. A combo of Pioli and Belichik that is head and shoulders above any other team. Add in the lowly Fins in our division. We're not going anywhere!  :D

651948[/snapback]

Lowly Fins in the division....? You are the one exhibiting ignorance and extreme lack of historical perspective.

How many losing seasons do the Pats have since 1970? Better get your calculator out to figure that one out. How many do the Dolphins have? I have your answer - 3.