[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Would it be that big of a surprise ?

EZDoesit

And why not though? Outside of the fact that the Eagles have won this game the last three years, they haven't really played a decent opponent in this spot at this time. The Vikes are 8-8, but they do have culpep-moss-bennet/smith. The birds defense has not played many teams with balanced offenses outside of the rudderless packers this year. With those backs, they can run a little and they had moderate success running the ball back in September on the birds. The Eagles even with T.O. and before they even clinched home field throughout, haven't been putting up big numbers on teams (besides the packers) for the last third of the season. Teams had gradually found a way to slow down T.O. and while I like Westbrook, he ain't superman people. At least I don't think so....I'm really not sure.....

There's talk here in Philly about how McNaab is ready to take all of the pressure on his shoulders...words from the man himself. But here's a guy that hasn't exactly shined in these big games over the last few years.

Why then is the overwhelming sentiment around here, nervous town, that the Eagles will put away the vikes with ease? The huddle has been one of the few sources that are predicting a close game.

Really though...the vikes are one of those teams that can score on anybody. And the eagles without t.o. is an unknown commodity. How big of a surprise would it be....really ?

:D

I would be surprised, if only because Minnesota doesn't seem to be able to sustain high level play for a length of time. They suck you in with a good game and then come out and look terrible. If they can hold it together, then sure they could win.

Philadelphia has likewise been inconsistent, especially after the loss of Owens. Just goes to show how good Owens really is, which is sort of a shame since he's such a jerk.

I would be surprised, if only because Minnesota doesn't seem to be able to sustain high level play for a length of time. They suck you in with a good game and then come out and look terrible. If they can hold it together, then sure they could win.

Philadelphia has likewise been inconsistent, especially after the loss of Owens. Just goes to show how good Owens really is, which is sort of a shame since he's such a jerk.

652414[/snapback]

Um, with all due respect Czar- the Eagles haven't played an actual game with their actual starters since the Owens injury so to say that they've been "inconsistent, especially after the loss of Owens" make NO sense at all....

BTW, this game isn't even going to be close- Birds win in a walk. :D

I hear all the fans here in Philly talking about how they are going to blow the Vikes out. I don't think so, the last time they played that game really could have gone either way. The Vikes shot themselves in the foot at least twice when they were in the Red Zone. That TD to Owens was not even a TD.

Anyway the Eagles did win the game, but I think the Vikes proved they can play with them and that was with a healthy TO. I don't know if I would seriously predict a Vikings win but I definitely would not be surprised if they pulled the upset. I will definitely be rooting for the Viking win!

This one is going to be interesting.

The Eagles have basicly had damm near a month to prepare an offense without TO, and Reid and company are not idiots, they should come out with a decent one. The problem as I see it, is even with the prep time, without TO, they are still a slightly above average team, and they can be had. Good QB, decent RB, no scary Wrs.

The Vikes, who knows. The big game last week was against a bitter division rival that they had already lost too, twice. Add the circle the wagons mentality they developed the week before that game (stemming from the Moss incident), and they played big. This week, the rivalery isn't as intense, but there was another Moss incident to rally around. But I don't think it's enough.

The Vikes will keep it interesting, but the Eagles will advance.

Although, it would make my day to see the Eagles lose.........

:D ok. I don't really follow the exploits of the Eagles all that much. The few times I've seen them this year though, they've been like the girl with the curl on her forehead: when they're good, they're very, very good. When they're bad...their starters aren't playing!

652511[/snapback]

there you got it! :D

If the Vikes play like they played against the Pack, on both sides of the ball, they have a shot. That being said, I've watched every Vikes game this year, and you just don't know which team is going to show up. The Eagles, without TO, are just not the same threat they were, and more likely than not, will not win the NFC Championship again.

I really wouldn't be at all surprised if any of the "underdogs" won this week. Philly and New England both have some key personnel injured and St. Louis and Indy are both going into their games red-hot. Pittsburgh has looked great but it can't be overlooked that they have a rookie QB who hasn't played in weeks and I just don't really buy into Atlanta being all that great yet either.

While they have had time to prepare, they have also been off the field quite a long time. It will be interesting to see how they play after so much time off for the starters.

And I know the factor is not as great as T.O. being out, but what about Westbrook? Here is a guy they did not have in the last playoffs, I would think he has to add something positive to the Eagles O. Was he the difference in the Eagles not advancing past the NFC Championship last year? Although I realize he was splitting with Buckhalter and Staley last season.

But with the WRs, FredEx and Pinkstone...as JoJo mentioned, nothing scary about them.

While they have had time to prepare, they have also been off the field quite a long time. It will be interesting to see how they play after so much time off for the starters.

And I know the factor is not as great as T.O. being out, but what about Westbrook? Here is a guy they did not have in the last playoffs, I would think he has to add something positive to the Eagles O. Was he the difference in the Eagles not advancing past the NFC Championship last year? Although I realize he was splitting with Buckhalter and Staley last season.

But with the WRs, FredEx and Pinkstone...as JoJo mentioned, nothing scary about them.

653840[/snapback]

Vikes D also stopped Green a fair amount last week, so with mediocre WR the Eagles have their work cut out for them.

If the Vikings aren't down 21-0 at the end of the first quarter, they have a chance. But I have a feeling they will be.

BTW, this game isn't even going to be close- Birds win in a walk. :D

652475[/snapback]

:inmybestleecorso: Not so fast my friend :inmybestleecorso:

I think it is going to be much closer than everyone thinks. And to be honest, I actually think the Vikes will pull the upset by a score of umm...... 27-20. And after they beat the Rams next week and the Colts cruise past NE and Pittsburg, I will be dead on on my preseason Colts-VIkes SB. What genius!