[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

CuMar's stats vs draft position

Pancake

Bare with me here.....

NFL season 2001 CuMar ran for 1,513 yds and 10 TDs - His 2002 average draft postion in relation to only RBs according to MyFansasyLeague Draft Tracker was 7th.

NFL season 2002 CuMar ran for 1,094 yds and 7 TDS - His 2003 average draft position in relation to only RBs according to MyFansasyLeague Draft Tracker was 20th.

NFL season 2003 CuMar ran for 1,302 yds and 2 TDS - His 2004 average draft position in relation to only RBs according to MyFansasyLeague Draft Tracker was 21th.

He went at 19 and 20 in the two leagues that I played in.

NFL season 2004 CuMar ran for 1,697 yds and 12 TDS - this was his career year in carries at 371 yards and yards per carry at 4.6. He's 31.

I really think this guy is an NFL elite as far as consistancy goes - barely any downside, consisantly gets 1,000 + yds and averaged 8.5 TDs a year for his career. I think he is a stellar #2 RB, but Im thinking some yahoo will draft him top 10. Where do you see him drafted as compared to other RBs for the 2005 FF season?

Edited by Pancake

He will probably go later in the draft again this year. Every year people are wondering if this is the year he breaks down or starts to lose carries to keep him fresh. Eventually all the great backs fizzle out (except Barry Sanders and Jim Brown), since it hasn't happened yet I think the "this is the year it happens" philosophy gains momentum every year that passes.

HOF player never given the LOVE he deserves. I missed grabbing him late in the 5th by one slot. He was healthy going into the year and I KNEW he was going to go off. I got greedy and waited one round too long!

:D:D

I think a few of those years he didnt go higher because Jordon used to get the TDs and goaline carries.Now that Cumar gets the TDs he may go higher this year.

I remember that in my draft for the 2004 season, i really wanted C.Mart as a co-number 2 back with my other guys. I was going to take him in the 5th round but there were still people ahead of him so i took a WR. Then in the 6th the same thing happened. And i cant remember if it was in the 7 or 8th round i took him. No one in my league wanted him. Some guy took Lamont Jordan in the 4th. My draft was weird (i took Antonia Gates in the last round :D )

The 2 td season is a big reason he goes so late, along with the age/injury factor. I wouldnt be surprised to see someone jump on him too early next season. My thought is he will be the 12th or 13th back taken! Wierd considering he won the rushing title!

LT will be the consensus #1.

Alexander, James, Dillon, Tiki, Portis, whoever starts for Denver, and Priest will all be up there. McAllister and Lewis will be back in the mix, J.Jones, K.Jones, and T.Jones will be be sought-after. Dom Davis and Rudi will be drafted highly.

I'd say Martin is in the Ahman Green type of terrory - 10th to 12th RB taken. And I think he'll be a bargain at that spot.

Personally, I'd rank him around 7 or 8 in terms of fantasy football RBs for 2005.