[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What would the league do...

H8tank

Imagine J.Trotter comes from the blind side, leads with his helmet and completely unloads on vick, knocking his helmet to the sidelines, rendering him unconsciouse...

As he lays there on the turf in the linc, lifeless, unmoving, they bring the cart and take him away. We get periodic updates as the game progresses, each the same... nothing to report.

Monday morning, vick is in the hospital, being monitored. He has a ventilator to help him breath, he does not respond... he appears to be in a coma.

As the video and pics of the hit dominate all press, it appears to no one the helmet led charge was not completely intentional, and the media darling, vick, has paid with his consciousness.

Say he stays in this state, in a coma?

Say he dies?

What do you think the NFL would do?

What would law enforcement do?

Imagine J.Trotter comes from the blind side, leads with his helmet and completely unloads on vick, knocking his helmet to the sidelines, rendering him unconsciouse...

As he lays there on the turf in the linc, lifeless, unmoving, they bring the cart and take him away.  We get periodic updates as the game progresses, each the same... nothing to report.

Monday morning, vick is in the hospital, being monitored.  He has a ventilator to help him breath, he does not respond... he appears to be in a coma.

As the video and pics of the hit dominate all press, it appears to no one the helmet led charge was not completely intentional, and the media darling, vick, has paid with his consciousness.

Say he dies?

663168[/snapback]

:D

Is there an award for lamest post of the year?

If so, I vote for this one.

Is there an award for lamest post of the year?

What, to many grammatical errors?

Here, try this... instead of trying to be cute, think about the question and respond if you like.

I am serious, with all the talk about Darius' hit, and moss getting penalized $10k for his antics, what if something really serious happens? What will the league do?

If you don't want to participate, then shut your hole.

~edit to add, I have NEVER, ever wished harm on anyplayer. I do not like philly or atlanta for that matter.

Edited by H8tank

H8, you have one hell of an imagination.

If it is part of the game, nothing itentional, then there would be nothing to do. It would be a sad ending to an athletes career.

What, to many grammatical errors?

Here, try this... instead of trying to be cute, think about the question and respond if you like.

I am serious, with all the talk about Darius' hit, and moss getting penalized $10k for his antics, what if something really serious happens? What will the league do?

If you don't want to participate, then shut your hole.

663188[/snapback]

Trotter would be given the normal fine and suspension that would go along with this type of play. He would be immediately ejected. He would get an extremely large fine and probably be suspended for a handful of games (due to the fact that this would be obviously intentional, where Darius' had some questions surrounding it) The NFL would put in place a stricter policy for these types of situations.

Say he dies?

Same as above, but the NFL would go even farther in investigating the physicalness of their league and implement some more rules and possibly equipment changes to make it a safer game. Jeremiah Trotter would probably quit football and other players would think hard about the profession they are in.

Like said above, look to make rule changes to make the game safer.

Law enforcement wouldn't be able to charge Jeremiah Trotter with a crime unless it was something ridiculous like pulling out a knife or gun. Obviously it is hard to say without seeing how cheap and unnecessary it would be.

I'm not sure if this was a fishing trip or not, but those are my answers and God forbid that anything like this would ever happen in ours sport. :D

They fine and suspend for hits all the time. 

Criminal charges?  Didn't a hockey player recently get in trouble with the law for on the ice antics?

663198[/snapback]

That would be fighting.... Not the same as a hit during a play..

Criminal charges?  Didn't a hockey player recently get in trouble with the law for on the ice antics?

663198[/snapback]

Yes, but the difference was he used his stick as a weapon. If Trotter took his helmet off and smashed Vick in the head with it, THEN perhaps criminal charges could follow.

As he lays there on the turf in the linc, lifeless, unmoving, they bring the cart and take him away.  We get periodic updates as the game progresses, each the same... nothing to report.

Monday morning, vick is in the hospital, being monitored.  He has a ventilator to help him breath, he does not respond... he appears to be in a coma.

Say he dies?

663168[/snapback]

I assume the NFL would do the same thing that they would do if Vick threw an interception to Trotter and on the return...

M.Vick comes from the blind side, leads with his helmet and completely unloads on Trotter, knocking his helmet to the sidelines, rendering him unconsciouse...

As he lays there on the turf in the linc, lifeless, unmoving, they bring the cart and take him away. We get periodic updates as the game progresses, each the same... nothing to report.

Monday morning, Trotter is in the hospital, being monitored. He has a ventilator to help him breath, he does not respond... he appears to be in a coma.

As the video and pics of the hit dominate all press, it appears to no one the helmet led charge was not completely intentional, and the media darling, Trotter, has paid with his consciousness.

Say he dies

Edited by Vet

what happened to Boom Boom Mancini when he killed that Korean boxer in the ring?

might provide some insight as to leagl ramifications for inadvertant death that occurs during a professional sporting event.

663247[/snapback]

I don't think anything happened. The death was tragic but well within the scope of the rules. Mancini did what he was supposed to do: hit the other guy.

The situation, H8 describes doesn't compare as Trotter would be violating the rule barring leading with the helmet. Since it is a rules violation, he would certainly be fined and possibly suspended.

I still don't think legal action could be taken.

Do you think that the Falcon's owner would wheel Vick's motionless body out on the sidelines at halftime.

Maybe two O-linemen could carry him around on the field, like Weekend at Bernie's.

If he dies, the owner would only charge $10 per person to attend the wake!

Sorry couldn't help myself!

663198[/snapback]

Completely different. It didn't happen in the flow of the game. It was away from the play. It was an attack from behind, not a legal check or legal play. COMPLETELY DIFFERENT.

If you're referring either to the Brashear/McSorley incident or the Bertuzzi incident, which I'll assume you are.

Edited by Hugh 0ne

The NFL wouldn't do anything more than it did when that slug pretty much ended McMahons career by slamming him to the ground. 15 yard penalty, ejected, and a fine. I doubt Trotter will carry, and advertise, a hit list, though.

"Martin, a defensive end, wore a towel that had a hit list of Chicago players on it. The list included McMahon.

In the second quarter, Martin grabbed McMahon well after the whistle blew and slammed down Chicago quarterback. Martin was ejected on the play, ..." and McMahon was never the same.

Have to keep in mind that stuff happens all the time to end careers. I doubt they would make an example out of Trotter.

But then this is all "what if"..... :D

Do you think that the Falcon's owner would wheel Vick's motionless body out on the sidelines at halftime.

Maybe two O-linemen could carry him around on the field, like Weekend at Bernie's.

If he dies, the owner would only charge $10 per person to attend the wake!

Sorry couldn't help myself!

663331[/snapback]

:D

I've always thought it would be interesting if a player in the NFL caused another player to miss games because of a play that looked intentional, the offending player would miss the same amount of time.

The NFL wouldn't do anything more than it did when that slug pretty much ended McMahons career by slamming him to the ground.

663429[/snapback]

Nor did they do anything to Jack Tatum for the questionable hit on Darryl Stingley.