[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The first guy Atlanta cuts after this loss is...

msaint

I don't pay that much attention to Vick. But from what I've seen, he doesn't throw the ball all that well. It seems to me that you need your quarterback to do that from time to time.

Here in Detroit, many people have given Harrington a pass because he doesn't have probowl receivers. While there is some merit to that, a good QB can still get it done.

Randle El = Pseudo Mike Vick

Difference is Pittsburgh uses him the right way , special teams and WR. ATL on the other hand pays him absurd amounts of money basically to put fans in the seats. Vick is not a good QB, I don't understand why some people don't understand that. Look at his numbers this year, they are horrible. And before some Vick / ATL fan tells me to look at the number that counts -- WINS ......, most wins this year for ATL weren't because of Vick.

McNabb was being called overrated in 2002 and 2003 until he got TO....

669099[/snapback]

I don't remember McNabb being called overrated by anybody except Rush Limbaugh, and that was before he tossed 4 TDs on a broken ankle. Quite the opposite as I remember, talk was McNabb couldn't carry the whole team by himself without a decent WR to toss to.

Oh, I hate the Eagles so none of that is easy to admit. McNabb is a great QB.

Vick couldn't complete a pass or scramble his way out of that Defense. Hardly effective, hardly dangerous and hardly great.

It's funny reading all the excuse makers for Vick jumping around now trying to build up some kind of accomplishment he has made by just being in this game.

I don't remember McNabb being called overrated by anybody except Rush Limbaugh, and that was before he tossed 4 TDs on a broken ankle. Quite the opposite as I remember, talk was McNabb couldn't carry the whole team by himself without a decent WR to toss to.

669186[/snapback]

I remember them saying it on ESPN and online articles I've read. They said he better stick to the Chunky Soup commercials with the bounce passes he was throwing. And alot of the talk died down after McNabb finally threw a TD in Week 6(or Week 5) and no one wanted to be associated with Rush and his statement.

Vick couldn't complete a pass or scramble his way out of that Defense. Hardly effective, hardly dangerous and hardly great.

Yeah it gives the NFL hope that someone could stop his rushes.

It's funny reading all the excuse makers for Vick jumping around now trying to build up some kind of accomplishment he has made by just being in this game.

Did you see the Falcons last season without Vick? Probably not, but they were bad.

Edited by WaterMan

Funny, you remembering somethign doesn't carry any weight around here. You have barely any knowledge of the game and amount to anothing more than flame baiting most the time.

Vick has been stopped before, by alot of teams. His stats this year were *** to prove that point. The Eagles made him and the entire team look weak. The Falcons suck without him? Who cares. That is the weakest and lamest argument that I've seen continue to pop up about his "greatness". The Falcons did more with Chandler at QB and Anderson at RB. You know.. a QB-RB combo that WON the NFC Championshhip game in 98.

Vick has been stopped before, by alot of teams. His stats this year were *** to prove that point.

669252[/snapback]

I'm sorry you drafted a QB with no WRs.

The Falcons suck without him? Who cares.

The only team this argument doesn't work for is the Falcons for some reason. Why is that? You can say the Colts suck without Manning or the Dolphins suck without Ricky and it holds up.

The Eagles made him and the entire team look weak.

Let's hope they did when they had 4 or 5 Pro Bowlers this year on defense. :D I'd hate to see a Pro Bowl spot wasted.

Edited by WaterMan

No excuses for Vick here. When he needed to step up and pass the ball....he couldn't. Forget about the whining for a decent receiver. McNabb didn't exactly have any pro bowlers to throw to today either, yet he seemed to do OK.

Until Vick develops as a passer, the FalCAN'Ts will be perennial brides maids. Good enough to get to the play offs, but forever falling short of making it to the big one.

668377[/snapback]

Denver lost a lot of playoff games and a few Super Bowls with Elway at QB playing the same style. Until Elway learned to be a QB and use that arm and a bility to evade IN THE POCKET, they didn't win. Interesting that Johan got his ring late in the career when his wheels were not the same.

I don't think Vick has the noodle to evolve and continue to thank God for LT as a Charger fan. Vick is just another "Slash" only QB/RB instead of QB/WR and will fade away just as Stewart did. I hope Vick doesn't mount any of his team mates on the sidelines just like Stewart did and only be remembered for that!

Randle El = Pseudo Mike Vick

668673[/snapback]

That's a pretty good comparison. I saw Randle El play when he was at IU. He has great athleticism, but he's nothing more than a marginal college option QB. Vick is faster and has a much stronger arm but, like Randle El, he doesn't have much accuracy on his passes.

And was it just me, or did Mora seem just plain stubborn today, still trying to stick to the running game when it was very clear it wasn't doing ANYthing against this Philly D? Then again, it's not like his passing game was firing on all cylinders. Guess he figured he'd stick with what got them there, the 1-2 combo of Dunn & Duckett...:D

668393[/snapback]

Actually, I think he should have stuck with the running game at the end of the third, start of the 4th quarter. The falcons weren't running over the eagles because they had 8-10 guys in the box because there was no need to respect the falcon receivers. Nobody is going to be successful running the ball against a good defense using that strategy. But they had some early down success running the ball. They should have been running the ball on two out of every three downs to try and create a manageable third down scenario. Their defense played well but was left out to dry far too many times. Even the falcon receivers should be able to convert some third and shorts. When the fourth quarter started, and the falcons had the wind, they went pass happy.....bad move. They should have sprinted out Vick more, use some creative runs and then go over the top to crumpler. That interception vick threw could have been a HUGE play had he gone over the top to CRUMPLER. They had the eagles thinking run....I think that was the turning point in the game. Still another game over an inferior opponent that wasn't put away until late. The NFC truly is the JV of the NFL.