[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The first guy Atlanta cuts after this loss is...

msaint

....Mohr, the punter. :D I know he's "just" a punter, but WOW is this guy killing the Falcons with terrible field position! The Iggles kicker seems to have no problem with the wind and Mohr's hitting 8-yarders, and then, even when he has the wind, he's either booting it into the end zone, or hitting another gimpy 20-yarder. Translation? Un-em-ployed.

(All the missed tackles on Westbrook at the line don't help either...)

Edited by msaint

....Mohr, the punter. :D I know he's "just" a punter, but WOW is this guy killing the Falcons with terrible field position! The Iggles kicker seems to have no problem with the wind and Mohr's hitting 8-yarders, and then, even when he has the wind, he's either booting it into the end zone, or hitting another gimpy 20-yarder. Translation? Un-em-ployed.

668256[/snapback]

Good call, the guy's had a terrible game.

Those short kicks have been into an incredibly strong wind, as they've mentioned many times already.

668263[/snapback]

....which is why I mentioned that the Iggles punter seems to be having fewer problems with the into-the-wind kicks relative to Mohr.

Looks like Vick ain't all that ... you beat him by making him throw the ball.

Over-rated.

668293[/snapback]

Seems like I've read this somewhere before! :D

Edited by Chargerz

668256[/snapback]

I was going to say the same thing. I thought that after that 8 yard punt into the wind that the wind is really going to affect the punt game but it hasn't affected the Eagle kicker when he kicked into the wind. But Johnson punted a 39 yarder and pinned the Falcons back at the end of the second quarter.

Then again in the 4th quarter he hit another 40 yard punt. Mohr also screwed up and punted the ball into the end zone when they could have pinned the Eagles back. Eagles definitely won the special teams battle.........

Looks like Vick ain't all that ... you beat him by making him throw the ball.

Over-rated.

668293[/snapback]

Over -Rated in a big way! He is exciting but this was a really good example of his ineptitude as a passer! When you fall behind ( and /or have the wind at your back ) you need to be able to throw the ball !

Vick looked waaaaay out of his element today .... looked like a rookie.

668313[/snapback]

How? Or is that just anti Vick talk rhetoric. It's not like he threw 3 or 4 INT's. .........

Looked to me like a deer in the head lights ... and he got lucky that at least one more of his lame ducks didn't get picked off.

668326[/snapback]

Yeah he should have been handing off to his Pro Bowl RB and completing passes to his Pro Bowl WR..........

How?  Or is that just anti Vick talk rhetoric.  It's not like he threw 3 or 4 INT's.  .........

668322[/snapback]

No but when he drops back, it's as if he's looking to take off first even before he goes through his reads. I think this makes him a liability is situations like today when Jim Johnson made his guys push up and make Vick throw. He needs to learn to find his recievers first, then take off if the situation calls for it. Just looks very un-qb like back there to me.

Edited by 'canes2004

Yeah he should have been handing off to his Pro Bowl RB and completing passes to his Pro Bowl WR..........

668337[/snapback]

Speaking of which. Did you see Price when he caught that ball in the 2nd? Gets up talking manure like he's been lighting it up all year. He is truly a joke.

No excuses for Vick here. When he needed to step up and pass the ball....he couldn't. Forget about the whining for a decent receiver. McNabb didn't exactly have any pro bowlers to throw to today either, yet he seemed to do OK.

Until Vick develops as a passer, the FalCAN'Ts will be perennial brides maids. Good enough to get to the play offs, but forever falling short of making it to the big one.

No but when he drops back, it's as if he's looking to take off first even before he goes through his reads. I think this makes him a liability is situations like today when Jim Johnson made his guys push up and make Vick throw. He needs to learn to find his recievers first, then take off if the situation calls for it. Just looks very un-qb like back there to me.

668339[/snapback]

The Atlanta WR's didn't get any separation at all from the Eagles secondary. The only receiver that had any advantage was Crumpler and they were doubling him. That situation when the Falcons had the ball at the 2 yard line Vick held the ball looking for a WR to get open for 5 seconds before he decided to get away from the pressure.

The other situation I distinctly remember is the 3rd and 11 when Vick thew a good pass to Price and Peerless waited for the ball to come and he let the defender knock the ball away. Vick does make some mental and physical errors when trying to throw the ball ie that lob pass to Crumpler should have been an INT but then Mcnabb did the same thing overthrowing WR's. And Mcnabb's one big pass play was an underthrown ball that Philly was lucky that the corner was playing over the top. The Eagle WR's adjusted better to the ball than the Falcons WR's. Plus the Eagles leading receiver was Westbrook.

Besides the advantage that the Eagles had in special teams/field position they ran the ball all over the Falcons. The Falcons stregnth with Dunn and Duckett was a weakness today............

And was it just me, or did Mora seem just plain stubborn today, still trying to stick to the running game when it was very clear it wasn't doing ANYthing against this Philly D? Then again, it's not like his passing game was firing on all cylinders. Guess he figured he'd stick with what got them there, the 1-2 combo of Dunn & Duckett...:D

And was it just me, or did Mora seem just plain stubborn today, still trying to stick to the running game when it was very clear it wasn't doing ANYthing against this Philly D? Then again, it's not like his passing game was firing on all cylinders. Guess he figured he'd stick with what got them there, the 1-2 combo of Dunn & Duckett...:D

668393[/snapback]

When you have a QB that can't throw the ball combined with WRs who can't or don't want to catch the ball ... guess you have to run.

In addition isn't the second game of the playoffs a bit late for the coach to decide to let his QB throw the ball. They didn't throw it all year long ... too late to do it now.

The whole Atlanta offense is predicated on Vick's ability to run, NOT throw. So once you take Vick's running out of the picture the whole offense fell apart.

Edited by Grits and Shins

The whole Atlanta offense is predicated on Vick's ability to run, NOT throw.  So once you take Vick's running out of the picture the whole offense fell apart.

668422[/snapback]

So are you saying that Vick is a one man team? What other QB or NFL player can you say that about that is still in the playoff's.............