[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dynasty league WR thoughts.

PacMann

I'm hurting at RB and need to move some of my wr to get something. I just took over the team this year since the owner dropped out last year. I'd like to hear some thought on some of these WR as far as who to keep and who to look to trade. What is their future potential. The only guy here I bothered to look at last year was Fitzgerald and Johnson some. Kind of clueless of the other guys potential.

Gabriel,Doug OAK

Crayton,Patrick DAL

Fitzgerald,Larry ARI

Curtis,Kevin STL

Johnson,Bethel NE

I figure I'd have to trade fitz if any of them. The league is kind of odd. One guy is stacked at RB and another at WR. Those two have been in the superbowl the last 3 years. The team I aquired actually made the playoff and no one was managing it since week one. Then again it had The Bus, C Martin, TO and Brees. Now for a fantasy league I figure if Brees stays and starts, Bettis comes back for one more year and Martin can maintain what he did I have 1 more year to make a run, if i get another RB. With those WR I also have Jimmy Smith, T. Pinkston and everyones favorite Freddy Mitchell. My backup RB is L. Suggs. Oh and my other QB is Favre. So basically you see that I want to try to make a run again this coming up year then rebuild by probably trading TO past mid season depending if i make the Playoffs or not.

It is also my first year in a dynasty league. Of the WR i posted I know that I don't want to trade Fitz but to get a RB I might have to. I am hoping that Curtis gets worked into the Rams offence a bit more, or that Bruce gets hurt or something. I'd have to look but I think i get some decent pts for return yards so B. Johnson will have some value for me. Basically I want a young(1st, 2nd yr) RB so i can have something decent for a few yrs at least. My draft pick is #7 of 12. We have the first 3 are rookie picks, 4th pick can be a rookie or FA. I didn't follow college too much this year so I'd have to do my research about who is decent or not in the draft. Looks like some decent RB, but I hate getting an unknown. If i could trade my #2 pick or #1 and a wr for a young RB who has shown something last year.

So after all that I just didn't want to trade away any of my WR without knowing what kind of value they might have. I'm sure folks here have more info on these guys then what I know about them.

One last thing. I keep all players in this league from year to year. There is really nothing on the waiver wires. In order to make your team better from year to year you have to make decent trades, get lucky with a waiver, or draft studs in the rookie draft. So I have to keep all that I listed. I'm just seeing if any of them have any potential.

Edited by PacMann

Wow you guys in this forum have no clue what you are doing!

Fitzgerald is your only POSSIBLE keeper n that WR set.

704982[/snapback]

Lots more variables before you can make a blanket statement like that.

And broncos, this is a dynasty league. You have to think 2 years down the road sometimes.

Edited by Chief Dick

Your team is old at RB. You might be able to stretch another year out of them, but I doubt it. Without knowing your starter requirements, lets look at what we know:

QB: Brees: should be good for another year.

RB: Bettis and Martin. You are old here, and this is where you move Fitz to get some youth.

WR: You have Owens. A VERY good start. You can pair any receiver with him and have a good combo.

The bottom line is: you have some value with Fitz. Dump him if you can to get some RB help. Remember, WR's are generally deep in FF; you can always find someone who will produce for you.

And remember also: this is a deep rookie draft for RB's. Realistically, you need to plan for the future. This next season will probably be a down year for this team. In a dynasty league, accept it and plan for the next year.

Your team is old at RB. You might be able to stretch another year out of them, but I doubt it. Without knowing your starter requirements, lets look at what we know:

QB: Brees: should be good for another year.

RB: Bettis and Martin. You are old here, and this is where you move Fitz to get some youth.

WR: You have Owens. A VERY good start. You can pair any receiver with him and have a good combo.

The bottom line is: you have some value with Fitz. Dump him if you can to get some RB help. Remember, WR's are generally deep in FF; you can always find someone who will produce for you.

And remember also: this is a deep rookie draft for RB's. Realistically, you need to plan for the future.  This next season will probably be a down year for this team. In a dynasty league, accept it and plan for the next year.

705262[/snapback]

Great points, CD. Very deep draft for RBs, rookies or otherwise. Fitzgerald is definitely a keeper here, and perhaps you find a sucker to take Curtis, tagging him as the next Brandon Stokley (hey, could happen). And once you declare Fitzgerald, perhaps you target a team with serious WR issues, stating the fact that Fitzgerald is a budding star. Go for a younger RB with upside, and draft accordingly.

So does anyone think i could trade T.O. and get some good value out of him this year?  Get some youth in a few positions and almost write this year off.

711189[/snapback]

I'd keep TO. He's only going to get better (yeah, it's possible) with McNabb and the rest of the Iggles improving offensively. You could try pawning him off, but I doubt anyone will give you promising almost-studs at MULTIPLE positions for him straight up. Keep him, and reap the benefits of having the best (or second best) at his position.

With TO, Fitz, and Brees you have the beginnings of your foundation for the future (less a RB or two). With the #7 rookie pick, you'll be able to get a RB who will see the field this year, but will not be a regular starter. Pick the right one and he may start in 2006. With that #7 pick, you may get a WR who could be a #2 or #3 WR (Braylon Edwards or Mike Williams will probably be gone, but Mark Clayton and Troy Williamson will be there), depending on which NFL team drafts them. Don't know your lineup requirements to know how many at each position you start. Lee Suggs if he can stay healthy will emerge as the starter this year, and be a solid #2 for you.

You have to have an owner in your league (we all do) who will still be drinking the Curtis Martin kool-aid. Package him and Jimmy Smith, and maybe your #2 rookie pick (2.7 is a real reach), and try and get a legit #1 back who's under 30.

Honestly, what I would try to do more than anything is move Martin, Bus, Fitz, and your pick----whatever you can, to move up in the draft order and get one of them rookie RBs. I think with Suggs you may be able to fill a gap for a year left behind by trading someone. Honestly I don't think that roster is good enough to hold weight this coming year, let alone the future. Keep TO and try to rebuild

I'd say you have no idea what you're doing, broncos. They were saying that he should try to keep Fitzgerald and trade others. Of course, he might have to trade Fitzgerald to get any contributing RB.

704995[/snapback]

That's what I meant but it came out :D . Sorry

Chief Dick :D on the reply to the original question. :D indeed

No way anyone takes martin or bus. I can move fitz but not for a top 5 pick. I just moved up into this dynasty league by winning the minor league and a spot opened up for me to move in. The word is no one trades. Everyone is too stuck on who they have. They are lucky if 2 trades a year happen it seems. Looks like I'm going to stick with what i got and ride out Suggs unless i can trade him for Jordan. That still leaves me with a #7 to get the next best RB in the draft, and who knows who that will be. My next best bet is that william green actually gets a trade deal worked out. Other then that i'm riding martin into the ground and the bus will have to be the bye week guy unless green does something. Then maybe i can get lucky with the FA draft and pick up a QB and cross my fingers hoping that favre doesn't retire this year. From my point of view there aren't really any stacked teams in this league. Two who have run the league the last two years but the one is getting old and the other is about at its prime. The rest of the teams are average.