[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Antowain Smith and Charlie Garner

I'll have to preface this with the fact that I know little to nothing about dynasty leagues...I've never played in one, so keep that in mind. However, if you can indeed free up "some major cap room" as you say, then I would drop both of those guys like a bad habit.

Garner is 33, and will be attempting to come off a potentially career ending knee injury (not his first one at that). Pittman performed well in Tampa last year, and I don't think Garner could beat him out for a job there...supposedly Tampa still wants to bring in someone better than Pittman, but either way, Garner should be out of the picture for sure.

Smith is also 33, has been a career underachiever, and has absolutely no upside that I can think of. Tennessee would be making a huge mistake to not bring in a more talented guy to backup the oft-injured Chris Brown, and I just don't think that they're that stupid.

With all the available talent at the RB position availabe via free agency and the draft (and maybe even by trade), I see absolutely no chance for either of these guys to have a shot at landing a starting job anywhere in the NFL, and both would be extremely hard pressed to find even a #2 slot in my opinion...I'd bet money that neither does and cut bait with both ASAP.

I'll have to preface this with the fact that I know little to nothing about dynasty leagues...I've never played in one, so keep that in mind.  However, if you can indeed free up "some major cap room" as you say, then I would drop both of those guys like a bad habit.

Garner is 33, and will be attempting to come off a potentially career ending knee injury (not his first one at that).  Pittman performed well in Tampa last year, and I don't think Garner could beat him out for a job there...supposedly Tampa still wants to bring in someone better than Pittman, but either way, Garner should be out of the picture for sure.

Smith is also 33, has been a career underachiever, and has absolutely no upside that I can think of.  Tennessee would be making a huge mistake to not bring in a more talented guy to backup the oft-injured Chris Brown, and I just don't think that they're that stupid.

With all the available talent at the RB position availabe via free agency and the draft (and maybe even by trade), I see absolutely no chance for either of these guys to have a shot at landing a starting job anywhere in the NFL, and both would  be extremely hard pressed to find even a #2 slot in my opinion...I'd bet money that neither does and cut bait with both ASAP.

707110[/snapback]

What he said! :D

Does anybody think either of these guys is worth having on a fantasy roster in 05? I can free up some major cap room in a dynasty league if I ditch em.

706917[/snapback]

My guess is that one or both of these nutjobs isn't on a 53 man roster come kickoff weekend...(does that qualify as an answer?)

Does anybody think either of these guys is worth having on a fantasy roster in 05? I can free up some major cap room in a dynasty league if I ditch em.

706917[/snapback]

Have either been worth having on a fantasy roster since 2002?