[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Denver Vets restructure contracts

NAUgrad

What did you have in mind?  Throw fewer picks.  Quit screwing up drives at the least oportune time.  Stop flipping off the fans.  Anything like that?

708826[/snapback]

No no... I meant something that he was actually capable of. Like say... retiring. Or, cutting off a hand in a meat cutting accident.

I know how Plummer could really help out.

708813[/snapback]

What did you have in mind?  Throw fewer picks.  Quit screwing up drives at the least oportune time.  Stop flipping off the fans.  Anything like that?

708826[/snapback]

No no... I meant something that he was actually capable of.  Like say... retiring.  Or, cutting off a hand in a meat cutting accident.

709015[/snapback]

:D A real Plummer fan, huh, Atomic? :D

No no... I meant something that he was actually capable of.  Like say... retiring.  Or, cutting off a hand in a meat cutting accident.

709015[/snapback]

I'm in full agreement here............ :D

Who would you have replace him? Any free agents out there or do you go through the draft?

709835[/snapback]

Good question.

Who's potentially available? Garcia? Couch? Kitna?

None of these guys are permanent solutions, but I think any of them may be better than Plummer as we try to develop a younger guy though the draft or a trade.

I dunno. Am I overlooking anyone (and not Warner or Testy).

Denver will be the ultimate deja-vu team with Plummer. They will go 9-7 or 10-6 every year and never getting a home field playoff game.

The only way to overcome this obstacle is to load up on defense. The defense has to create more turnovers than Plummer will give away. I don't know how many draft picks they have this year, but if I were them I would pick D line every pick and hope you find at least 2 good starters.

Denver will be the ultimate deja-vu team with Plummer.  They will go 9-7 or 10-6 every year and never getting a home field playoff game.

The only way to overcome this obstacle is to  load up on defense.  The defense has to create more turnovers than Plummer will give away.  I don't know how many draft picks they have this year, but if I were them I would pick D line every pick and hope you find at least 2 good starters.

710940[/snapback]

You know, what you said sounds silly, but it's not a bad strategy. I figure they pick up a fullback, and now a couple of o-linemen and spend the entire draft on D. They need D lineman bad, but also need another linebacker, CB, and ball hawking safety. All of that could be addressed in the draft.

They had a guy named Quinn, who has bounced around on taxi squads and as a 3rd string QB in the NFL who played some in this last preseason for Denver. He was on the Texan's roster for a couple years.... I swear, this guy is good. I actually went to the Broncos site to talk him up once, and got flamed for it. He's a big guy, a pocket passer. He was a heck of a lot better than Mauck was. I've never believed in Plummer. He's always been erratic, and always will be. I don't see any available QB's out there who could just step in though. I think Broncs fans are stuck with him.