[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bump Lee Suggs a notch come Draft Day

Big Score 1

By Pat McManamon, Editor

February 25, 2005

"INDIANAPOLIS – Add William Green to the list of Browns free to trade themselves to another team.

Browns General Manager Phil Savage said Friday that the team had given Green permission to work out a trade.

Savage said he feels good about Lee Suggs as the team’s starting back"

ClevelandBrowns.com

In the full article, Savage acknowledges that the interior of the O'line needs to be up-graded.

Looks good for those with Suggs on their roster in dynasty leagues :D

Actually the whole article is a pretty good read if you have the inclination. There's stuff on Northcutt in there and Warren. It also pretty much piles on Butch Davis and his drafts. Confirms what most of us Huddlers had been saying about Butchy Boy for awhile now.

nope...they suck and will suck. I mean, really...who do we have at QB? What prospects do you think any RB will have with either Holcomb, McCown or rookie under center? And don't get me started on Center...or left guard...or tackle....well, you get the picture. Look elsewhere for fantasy help in '05. Suggs is a good back and will be a decent #3. He may be a stretch at #2 at this point in the off season...

nope...they suck and will suck. I mean, really...who do we have at QB? What prospects do you think any RB will have with either Holcomb, McCown or rookie under center? And don't get me started on Center...or left guard...or tackle....well, you get the picture. Look elsewhere for fantasy help in '05. Suggs is a good back and will be a decent #3. He may be a stretch at #2 at this point in the off season...

712560[/snapback]

Okay, so noted. Thanks for the candid opinion.

And what happened to the avatar? Hunter S Thompson dies and all of the sudden your Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas homage is gone?

This is almost identical to how last year started... Suggs, Suggs.... and what happened? I drafted him in my new keeper league. This fish has seen THIS lure before. As long as Green is on that team, I say he makes for a bad bye week RB, and that's only if both your #1 and #2 rb's are on byes! .

As long as Green is on that team, I say he makes for a bad bye week RB, and that's only if both your #1 and #2 rb's are on byes! .

712680[/snapback]

Hence the link detailing Wee Willie Green being told to seek a trade! :D

As long as Green is on that team, I say he makes for a bad bye week RB, and that's only if both your #1 and #2 rb's are on byes! .

712680[/snapback]

Hence the link detailing Wee Willie Green being told to seek a trade! :D

712838[/snapback]

Of course the only flaw with that logic is that a team would actually have to make a trade FOR William Green first. I wouldn't think the chances of that happening are too great, the guy has shown nothing in the NFL but a propensity to get into trouble. Then again, the Raiders like headcases, maybe they'll take a shot if they can't sign Jordan. :D

Then again, the Raiders like headcases, maybe they'll take a shot if they can't sign Jordan.  :D

712850[/snapback]

The Raiders would be Wee Willie Green's most likely destination IMO.

Jordan is looking for some decent dough and with the Raiders recently plonking down some decent coin for Porter, needing even more jingle for Moss and now Woodson shafting them by signing his Franchise Tag at 10+ million, I doubt the Raiders are gonna have the kind of cap available, to give Jordan what he wants $$$ wise on his next contract.

On the other hand, Wee Willie Green has a very affordable contract and would fit right in with the rest of the head cases out in Oakland.

I guess Green would probably be an improvement over Wheatley or Zeroueue. Still, rumors have the Raiders going strong after Jordan, and also pursuing Travis Henry as a backup plan to LaMont...either would be a much better decision than Green IMO.

Despite reports of a cap crisis within the team, the Raiders appear to be closing in on a free agent running back, possibly former Jets backup LaMont Jordan, who will be free to sign as early as Wednesday.

Gannon (who will probably retire anyway) restructured his deal, so they have a little more flexibility under the cap than they would have otherwise.

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c...SPG54BHHIP1.DTL

Edited by Skrappy1

712560[/snapback]

Boy you called it. That's the one thing I didn't understand about last year's off season. It looked to me like if they just improved the o-line they could be decent, but they seem to constantly ignore it.

Thanks for the heads up.