[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Whose Pissed because their Team...

The Stoner

Not for nothing but Fred Smoot would have been a nice addition to a horrendous Colts secondary that allowed 243 YPG through the air and 26 passing TD's. What makes you call him overrated? The fact that they didn't sign him? :D

744825[/snapback]

Considering the $$$ the other CBs signed for, Anthony Henry was a bargain and would have significantly improved the Colts horrendous secondary.

At only 4 years in, he is young as well.

Edited by gspot

I'm piss'd too.  We need a lot more than an experienced back up QB.  How about an o-line to protect that punk?!  Actually, I do like Grossman and think he has tons of potential...hopefully he won't be as fragile as last year.  But, beef up da line!

M&M coming in and 86'ing DT was the best thing to happen.

744844[/snapback]

Add to that, Krenzel as #3 w/ Lovie saying last weekend he's happy w/ the QB situation.

HAPPY???????

:D

The Jets. Lost 3 starters, and four backups. Replaced 2 of the backups. Not good. In fact, with cap space, any reasonable fan must ask what in the capital F are they doing? Playin dominoes? No TE, no DRT, no OLG. I guess they think thier first round pick, thier LATE first round pick will get three players to fill the holes. man, they sure raped Minny didnt they? A conditional 7th round pick for Cowart? there is obviously a new exctasy dealer working in the front office. Putrid performance. I spit large wad balls from my lungs upon them.

Putrid performance. I spit large wad balls from my lungs upon them.

745605[/snapback]

What about the additions of Coles, Blaylock and Jay Fiedler? That has to count for something..........

Coles was a trade. Fiedler and Blaylock are backups. They said they wanted younger DB's and did squat. They lost 3 starters, and have done nothing to replace them. Now they traded Cowart for not just a 7th round pick , but a conditional 7th round pick. I cough up another lunger loogie, and foist it in thier general direction!

the broncos sure haven't done much.  they've upgraded at one position (adding ian gold, losing donnie spragan), but they've lost kennoy kennedy, reggie hayward, at least one interior o-line, and either kelly herndon or lenny walls.  trevor pryce has one foot out the door.  and we've added gerard warren and maybe courtney brown.  whoopee.

744445[/snapback]

They declined to match Seattle's offer today. Herndon is a Seahawk.

Not for nothing but Fred Smoot would have been a nice addition to a horrendous Colts secondary that allowed 243 YPG through the air and 26 passing TD's. What makes you call him overrated? The fact that they didn't sign him? :D

744825[/snapback]

In my opinion, Smoot talks a lot better than he actually plays. And at 6 years, $34 million, with $10.8 million in guarantees, I'm glad the Colts passed on him. I don't think that kind of money on CB's is a wise investment in today's NFL.

Considering the $$$ the other CBs signed for, Anthony Henry was a bargain and would have significantly improved the Colts horrendous secondary.

At only 4 years in, he is young as well.

744924[/snapback]

Henry got a 5 year, $25 million deal. It included $10 million in a signing bonus, $1 million roster bonus in 2005, and another $1 million roster bonus in 2006. He is guaranteed $18 million over the first 3 years. That is just not the kind of money I would spend on a cornerback. Defensive line is where it's at, in my opinion.

I do agree that the Colts secondary needs to improve. But they had a ton of injuries last year. FS Bob Sanders looks like he could be a great player. He missed the first part of last season with a foot injury he suffered his senior year at Iowa. After coming in and playing VERY well, he sprained his knee and missed several more games. Mike Doss returns at strong safety. Starting CB Donald Strickland will be back. He missed the last 12 games of the year with a shoulder injury. Rookie Jason David filled in and had 51 tackles and 4 picks. He will be back as will rookie Von Hutchins. Probably the best CB, Joseph Jefferson who has battled a sports hernia and knee issues before finally settling in as a starter is a restricted free agent and has been issued a one year tender. He should be back as well. I do think the Colts will draft a corner or two in the draft.

Edited by CaptainHook

UUUUUuuggghhHHH where do I start here??

The Seahawks lost a lot of players on defense. I couldn't care less, their defense was donkey doo-doo.

The one really huge concern which has yet to be addressed is our offensive line, which was considered at least one of the top 5 in the league last year, and had been greatly improved with the addition of Chris Terry. Now you cut him. That one could hurt. The starting center and right guard are both free-agents, and you're counting on a guy named Pork-Chop to start!

We still haven't been able to unload Alexander and our receiving corps remains unchanged. Ohhhh but its all okay cause we landed Herndon!!!

Honestly I think that when the new GMs came, whose name I still can't spell, he realized that the Seahawks were about to be in deep trouble with the cap in the near future and personally I think they're gonna save a big chunk of their cap room for the future and tear this team apart and build again around Hass, Walter and those young DBs.

The Steelers haven't done much, while the Ravens are getting better.  I like Cedrick Wilson and I don't mind Burress leaving.  What I am a little upset about is that the Steelers were not able to bring in a veteran Offensive Lineman.  I feel that is the one huge danger area.  Losing Oliver Ross and Keydrick Vincent is no big deal, as Starks and Simmons can replace them, but there is currently NO DEPTH at O-Line.  Other than that, I agree with Captain and his statement on the Colts.  I am glad that the Steelers aren't throwing too much money at certain players.  They have made their # 1 priority signing Hines Ward, who woudl be unrestricted after this season.  I believe this is a smart move.  Though the Steelers haven't done much, they were 15-1 last year, and don't have to do too much, but I would have like to see a Veteran Offensive Lineman brought in.  Just my $.02

744891[/snapback]

Well summarized. Wilson wasn't the WR I was hoping for, but at least they made a move to fill the gap. I reeeeally wanted an OL to add to the mix or maybe a CB, but nothing on that so far and there isn't much left. With the cap situation, dramatic moves weren't really expected -- so I'll be very satisfied if they can draft well and ink Ward and their draft picks and have everyone in camp on time. HERE WE GO STEEEEEEELERS, HERE WE GO!!

George Lucas might have a better chance of helping changing the ending of the Colts' story each year ...  :D

748190[/snapback]

At least the Colts haven't lost 2 AFC Championship Games AT HOME against them. :D

Steelers....

However, I can't really say "pissed" as I kind of expect them to not get real aggressive in the off season... that is just the way they are

I would have liked to see them take a gamble on David Terrell though, he is young, big and tall and really has not had a chance to be good in Chicago... I would have like to see what he could do in Pittsburgh with no pressure.

:D