[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Real Football, not fantasy,pick one player .....

Gators

Siragusa

Pro Bowls = 0 (including that instrumental year he had with Colts in 95 but I'm sure he was robbed)

Adams

Pro Bowls = 2

752631[/snapback]

Did I ever say he was a Pro Bowl player? I just said he was a good DT. You are the doofus who wants to build a team around Marcus Stroud, a guy who has never seen the play-offs, over Peyton Manning. I'm sure a team led by Stroud and Vinatieri would be invincible. They could just line up any slobs with those guys, 'cause it's money in the bank. Oh, I forgot, you think Janikowski was a great pick too. :D

Edited by CaptainHook

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scroll back through this thread and see how many people would build their team with him.  'Nuff said.  I've never said Manning is the best QB.  He's not.  But he's in the top 20 and his career is only half complete.  I just find it amusing that you go out of your way to bash him whenever you can.  Did he steal your girlfriend or something?  I've been through the first 3 playoff games with you before, and it is still obvious you did not watch them.  As for being labeled by some as overrated,  Brady has won three Super Bowls and some people still say he is "overrated".  That means nothing.

One more question.  Why do you always read the thread and reply, (I know you are replying because the dots are under your name at the bottom of the thread) then you disappear out of The Huddle without making the post.  About 2 minutes later you are back and add your post then.  You do it every time.  Why is that?

752600[/snapback]

If you want to get into the personal attacks go ahead. I mean does Manning let you wash car and blow his dog every week so you defend him? Hopefully this isn't the case so get past the kid sh!t. It's my opinion, it's not a fact. Manning is a great QB. He just sucks in the playoff's and has some physical limitations that would not make him my ideal choice for QB. He would not fit into any teams offense. It took him many years to get to this point. He is not in the Brett Favre or John Elway mold where they could be put into any teams offense and be effective.

The 3 playoff losses you can keep going over it and trying to explain to me why it's the rest of the teams fault and none of it falls on Manning but I still won't get it. After all isn't the QB the most important position and that's what you build your team around? Well then you can't turn around and absolve him of any blame when they lose.

It's also too easy to say if Manning was on the Patriots he would win a Super Bowl. No one knows that. That team isn't built around the offense. Manning likes to work off of play action; before last year the Patriots didn't have much of a running game and they didn't have anyone of Marvin Harrison's caliber and they play outside in the elements. All of which doesn't play to Peyton's stregnth's. So that comparison is pure conjecture.

Brady has done it. Manning hasn't.............

He would not fit into any teams offense.  It took him many years to get to this point.  He is not in the Brett Favre or John Elway mold where they could be put into any teams offense and be effective.

752661[/snapback]

Other than Atlanta's offense which requires a lot of runs by the QB, which offense could Manning not fit into?

"It took many years to get to this point?" You mean like setting every meaningful passing record his rookie year? He's been in the league 7 years and only once has thrown for less than 4000 yards.

The 3 playoff losses you can keep going over it and trying to explain to me why it's the rest of the teams fault and none of it falls on Manning but I still won't get it.  After all isn't the QB the most important position and that's what you build your team around?  Well then you can't turn around and absolve him of any blame when they lose.

752661[/snapback]

I never said Manning deserves NONE of the blame. Just not ALL of it like Manning bashers want to do.

It's also too easy to say if Manning was on the Patriots he would win a Super Bowl.  No one knows that.  That team isn't built around the offense.  Manning likes to  work off of play action; before last year the Patriots didn't have much of a running game and they didn't have anyone of Marvin Harrison's caliber and they play outside in the elements.  All of which doesn't play to Peyton's stregnth's.  So that comparison is pure conjecture.

752661[/snapback]

Please. You know and I know if you swapped Brady and Manning what would happen. Manning would have three rings and Brady would be a run-of-the-mill QB.

Did I ever say he was a Pro Bowl player?  I just said he was a good DT.  You are the doofus who wants to build a team around Marcus Stroud, a guy who has never seen the play-offs, over Peyton Manning.  I'm sure a team led by Stroud and Vinatieri would be invincible.  They could just line up any slobs with those guys, 'cause it's money in the bank.  Oh, I forgot, you think Janikowski was a great pick too. :D

752636[/snapback]

First off I've already said this question is rigged. There is no one player that will gurantee you a winning team. Second I would go with the best DT if I did have to pick someone to start a team and I think that Stroud is the best, I also like Rod Coleman in Atlanta. You could see the difference between when he played and when he was hurt in the Atlanta defense.

You are also reaching with your argument. Are you saying that you could line up any slobs with Manning? Quit reading into sh,it.

You probably aren't as impressed by Vinatieri as others because the Pat's don't need him when they play the Colts. It's not gonna be that close..........

Other than Atlanta's offense which requires a lot of runs by the QB, which offense could Manning not fit into?

752666[/snapback]

These are the offense's Manning would struggle to get 3,000 yards

Chicago

Miami

Arizona

Baltimore

Cleveland

SF

And let's see how good Manning would be with Titan's offense next year..........

First off I've already said this question is rigged.  There is no one player that will gurantee you a winning team.

752669[/snapback]

The question is WHO WOULD YOU WANT TO BUILD AROUND? Not "Who guarantees you a winning team?"

Second I would go with the best DT if I did have to pick someone to start a team and I think that Stroud is the best, I also like Rod Coleman in Atlanta.  You could see the difference between when he played and when he was hurt in the Atlanta defense.

752669[/snapback]

Isn't Richard Seymour the best DT in the league? He's won all the Super Bowls. How many do Stroud or Coleman have? Have they made it to the Super Bowl? Have they dominated in every game of the play-offs? Oh, so that doesn't apply to DT's eh?

You probably aren't as impressed by Vinatieri as others because the Pat's don't need him when they play the Colts.  It's not gonna be that close..........

752669[/snapback]

Yeah. You're right. Building teams around Vinatieri and Janikowski are the way to go. :D

Edited by CaptainHook

And it takes a jealous idiot to tear him down every chance he gets. . .

752759[/snapback]

And it also takes a pretty lazy ESPN commentator or two to knob slob just because they don't feel like watching any other games.

We saw how far that TD record took him in the playoffs.

He's still the player 90% of NFL GM's would build around. . .

And you'd take Randy Moss :D

You crack me up. Moss was taken in the same draft as Manning and has done far less, no MVP's, no NFL records, no Super Bowls, yet you and phenom don't hold other players to the same standard you hold Manning to.

Edited by CaptainHook

It deserves repeating:

You crack me up.  Moss was taken in the same draft as Manning and has done far less, no MVP's, no NFL records, no Super Bowls, yet you and phenom don't hold other players to the same standard you hold Manning to.

752774[/snapback]

Well when you're a QB calling your own plays, you get to decide what records you want to break.

When you're a WR, you just have to hope the QB throws it to you.

And WRs aren't touching the ball on every offensive play like a QB so I don't see why you require people to hold Randy Moss up to the same standard.

Siragusa

Pro Bowls = 0 (including that instrumental year he had with Colts in 95 but I'm sure he was robbed)

Adams

Pro Bowls = 2

752631[/snapback]

you know how many players go to pro bowls on name recongition alone, or the fact they play in the inferior league for DT in a certain yr. How the hell can you explain LT not making the probowl in 03 after catchign 100 balls and Despite 2011 combined yards and being 4th in the league... amazing. And Marty Booker represented the NFC in the probowlin 2003 because there Wrs were so weak that yr. Are you saying Booker is a better NFl player than LT. Lts stats were unbelievable in 03, but Holmes, Lewis and R Williams had more rushing yds and played on better teams.

Manning is the best QB in the league, and maybe the best all-time when he is done. How many SBs did Marino win, but he didnt have a defense or running game for how many yrs, yet is considered one of the best of all time. Elway never won a SB until they got a defense and Terrell Davis was the feature of that offense.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

Well when you're a QB calling your own plays, you get to decide what records you want to break.

When you're a WR, you just have to hope the QB throws it to you.

And WRs aren't touching the ball on every offensive play like a QB so I don't see why you require people to hold Randy Moss up to the same standard.

752790[/snapback]

Exactly the reason why you would build a team around a QB and not a WR, DT, or K (LOL). And if you think QB's sit back and decide to break records, wouldn't it be done every year? What a stupid a$$ thing to say.

If by intangibles you mean a defense, then yup you are right.

751350[/snapback]

I like Manning too, but anyone looks like an all-star in that offense. If you watch his film, most, if not all of his TDs are thrown while standing comfortably in the pocket with receivers who are open by 10 yards.

I want to see him perform as well with the same offensive weapons as Brady.

I can't believe I am saying this, but I would start with Michael Vick to fill the seats.

I like Manning too, but anyone looks like an all-star in that offense.  If you watch his film, most, if not all of his TDs are thrown while standing comfortably in the pocket with receivers who are open by 10 yards. 

752807[/snapback]

That is a horrible assessment of how the Colts play. Why didn't Jim Harbaugh put up stats like Manning with Faulk, Harrison, Dilger, and Pollard? The O-line had Glenn and Meadows as well.

Going into last year, how many people were high on Reggie Wayne, Brandon Stokley, and Dallas Clark?

Edited by CaptainHook

I know this has turned into a Peyton only thread, but my pick is....

Ray Lewis! :D

This guy is the complete player/coach on the defensive side. He demands total respect by opponents and alters offensive gameplans every week. Every Baltimore player gives 100% and NOBODY tries to put themselves before the team. He completely locks up the defensive half of the football team. There is not another player in the league with the influence and peer respect of Ray Lewis.

If and when Baltimore's offense turns pro, Watch out.

P.S. And you all know I'm not a Ravens homer so please don't accuse me of blowing Ray's dog. ( No offense Hook :D )

I knew not to draft his sorry can last year.

753126[/snapback]

Hmm. Edge was a top 5 back in every league I played in. Just because you play in a sorry TD-only league doesn't mean Edge sucks. Your league does.

Edited by CaptainHook

P.S.  And you all know I'm not a Ravens homer so please don't accuse me of blowing Ray's dog. ( No offense Hook  :D  )

753135[/snapback]

That was phenom, not me. . .

Edited by CaptainHook

The question is WHO WOULD YOU WANT TO BUILD AROUND?  Not "Who guarantees you a winning team?"

752677[/snapback]

Isn't the whole idea of building a team around someone to win? I understnd those who say they would take Peyton, but I find it funny that hardly anyone says Brady or McNabb. Although they may not have the lofty stats of Peyton they both are proven winners. Brady has two SB wins and Mcnabb has taken his team (pretty much by himself) to the NFC championship game 4 times in a row including one SB appearance.

These are the offense's Manning would struggle to get 3,000 yards

Chicago

Miami

Arizona

Baltimore

Cleveland

SF

And let's see how good Manning would be with Titan's offense next year..........

752676[/snapback]

Prior to Manning being drafted in 1998, the Colts had not had a QB throw for 3,000 yards in SIXTEEN years. Yet Manning came on a team that had been 3-13 the year before, and as a ROOKIE threw for 3,789 yards and 26 TD's. If you don't think Manning could improve the passing games of those teams you listed and SOMEHOW manage to get 789 yards less than his lowest EVER yearly total, you are a bigger idiot than I thought. He would take every single one of those teams to the play-offs within two, if not one year. He would make stars out of Muhammad, Chambers, Booker, Fitzgerald, Boldin, Heap, Mason, Winslow II, Bryant, Lloyd, Johnson, or Woods. I watched him do it with the Colts.