[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Real Football, not fantasy,pick one player .....

Gators

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From coldhardfootballfacts.com........

You would think the best quarterback in football should not produce a dud every single year that he’s in the playoffs. But Manning has. He’s 3-5 in the playoffs after Sunday’s 20-3 loss to New England. Four times in five years, Manning has played his single worst game of the season in the playoffs. In Indy’s victories he’s been stupendous. In Indy’s losses he’s been stupefied.

In those fives losses, Manning has completed 100 of 195 passes (51.3 percent) for 1,033 yards, 2 TDs and 7 INTs. His cumulative passer rating in the five losses is 55.4.

Consider this: Sunday’s performance against New England was Manning’s worst of the season (69.3 passer rating, 0 TD passes, 1 INT). But it was his second best statistical performance in a postseason loss. It doesn’t get any uglier than that.

But the biggest indictment is that Indy’s high-powered regular-season offenses over the years have averaged just 10 points per game in five playoffs losses. Manning’s proponents can finger the Indy defense all they want. But it’s hard to beat champion-caliber teams when you put just 10 points on the board.

And someone else had Culpepper up there, what has that guy won?

I'll take Brady.

Well roll of the floor all you want to but Vinatieri has been franchised twice now.  Explain that when you get off the floor.  Someone in NE things he's special.

Now as for Manning get out of your box.  Manning is a great regular season QB.  Just like Dan Marino.  But when it comes time to make big plays when it counts Manning falls short, way short.  And one left handed pass against the Vikings in the regular season isn't that impressive.

He hasn't performed well in the playoff's.  His first 3 appearances in the playoff's he was one and done, 0-3.  And I really don't care how many dropped passes there were in that Jets game, 41-0 is an *** whipping and Manning should take a lot of the blame.  And the problem is it's not even close when Manning plays the Patriots.  He is looking bad, 4 INT's in the first matchup and then the whole offense doesn't show up last time.  What happened to all that preparation?  Was he delinquent?  Or maybe someone else just outprepared him?

You also need to get rid of that tired excuse of nobody beat the Patriots so Manning is excused.  If you want to be considered the best you have to beat the best.  Ken Stabler had to go against Terry Bradshaw who had to go against Bob Griese who had to battle Roger Staubach.  Joe Montana had to overcome the Dallas Cowboys.  The Giants had to beat the Redskins who had to beat the 49ers.  John Elway had to beat Brett Favre.  This thing isn't going to be gift wrapped for Manning, he's going to have to earn it.

If Manning was as good as everyone thinks he is then he wouldn't have the overrated label on him..........

752588[/snapback]

Read that post again folks.... Stabler, Bradshaw, Griese, Staubach..... those were quarterbacks. With the state of today's NFL we are squabbling over the Brady's, McNabbs, and Mannings of the world. Pathetic. :D

I agree that there are different ways of looking at the question. The way I looked at it was simply, TODAY, pick one player. I don't see how anyone can logically not say that Peyton Manning is the single best football player in the game at this point in time.

I understand stats don't necessarily tell the entire story of a player, but in 2004, Manning had one of the greatest seasons EVER in the history of the game. You can't necessarily discount that.

753383[/snapback]

I guess we will just have to agree to disagree. IMO I would take Brady or McNabb over Peyton now.

The record was great last year but when you are still throwing tds and your up by 30,records are much easier to snag.

753672[/snapback]

Please find which game that was. I seem to recall Manning being pulled in several fourth quarters and even in the third. . .

Well where do I start?.How about....

week 10...after leading the Texans 27-3 Manning hit Clark on a td. pass late in 3 rd........

week 11 leading 27-3 Manning hit Wayne on a 27 yd td....

Week 12 leading 35-9 Harrison caught a Manning TD pass..

.In all three of those instances any other team would have run the ball...Pounded the ball and pounded the clock...No wonder James wants out...Thats his time to get the ball...I'd want out too if I were James...

I do not hate Peyton Manning, I dislike the way the Mannings treat the game of NFL Footballl, like its pre-school or something.

The Mannings are all about hype and records....Winning is secondary....You could tell at the draft when lil Eli's daddy said the Eli took his ball and went home.. That he could not play for such an awful organization like the Chargers and wanted to be with winners like the Giants..

To me it sounds like he wanted the hype of NY , It had nothing to do with the Giants being more committed to win than the Chargers..So, in my opinion the best things all of the Mannings should start doing is forget all the hype. forget meaningless records and start winning football games, BIG and small, especially the big ones.

Well where do I start?.How about....

week 10...after leading the Texans 27-3 Manning hit Clark on a  td. pass late in 3 rd........

755286[/snapback]

First of all, that is a 24 point difference. Not thirty. Second of all, the pass came with 1:36 left in the THIRD QUARTER. Are the Colts not allowed to pass in the third quarter??? Thirdly, it was 2nd and 25. Not exactly a running down. Finally, I'll assume you didn't see the game, because the pass went for all of 15 yards, maximum. The Houston defender went for the pick and missed, leaving nobody behind Clark, who raced down the sideline for the other 65 yards. You are right. Manning should have tried to tackle him. :D

week 11 leading 27-3 Manning hit Wayne on a 27 yd td....

755286[/snapback]

Once again. Point difference was 24. This time, the pass came with 8:26 in the THIRD QUARTER. So, you want the Colts to just run on every play after halftime I guess. :D Peyton did not play in the fourth.

Week 12 leading 35-9 Harrison caught a Manning TD pass..

755286[/snapback]

It was 34-9. 25 point difference. 2:11 to go in the THIRD QUARTER. Peyton left the game after this pass. He did not play the rest of the third or any of the fourth quarter.

.In all three of those instances any other team would have run the ball...Pounded the ball and pounded the clock...No wonder James wants out...Thats his time to get the ball...I'd want out too if  I were James...

755286[/snapback]

They did run the ball in those games. A lot. But you can hardly expect teams to ONLY run the ball from the middle of the third quarter on. That is ridiculous. Edge does not want out of Indy. You obviously haven't read any of his quotes. If he hated not getting the ball so much, why did he switch places with James Mungro after the huddle in order to give Mungro the record-tying 48th TD? You crybaby Edge fans crack me up. Edge doesn't care where he plays as long as he gets PAID.

Leading 35-7 Tom Brady throws a 44 yard TD to David Patten with six minutes to go in the third quarter against the Browns. . .

link

Leading 16-0, Tom Brady throws a 6 yard TD to Deion Branch with 12:36 in the fourth quarter against the Jets. . .

another link

WHY WEREN'T THEY RUNNING THE BALL???? :D

Edited by CaptainHook

24 point differenceOnce again. 

Point difference was 24. 

25 point difference.

757044[/snapback]

So the Colts with all that friggin talent on the field, can't run down the field in 2 minutes if the other team got a miracle from God and came back from 24 points down? It's not like the Colts have some sort of kicker who broke a record or anything. :D

It's rediculous. Any other team would run out the clock. But I guess the Colts didn't want the Nation to see what Edge looks like when there is absolutely no passing game.

Edited by WaterMan

Any, and I mean any other team in NFL would run and take time off the clock....I am really surprised that Tony Dungy allowed that to happen.. I used to put Dungy on a pedestal when it came to integrity, now I am not so sure...

I'm not an Edge fan. I am ANTI-MANNING, any of them!

757176[/snapback]

Same here but boy did Hook :D your a$$.

First of all, that is a 24 point difference.  Not thirty.  Second of all, the pass came with 1:36 left in the THIRD QUARTER.  Are the Colts not allowed to pass in the third quarter???  Thirdly, it was 2nd and 25.  Not exactly a running down.  Finally, I'll assume you didn't see the game, because the pass went for all of 15 yards, maximum.  The Houston defender went for the pick and missed, leaving nobody behind Clark, who raced down the sideline for the other 65 yards.  You are right.  Manning should have tried to tackle him.  :D

Once again.  Point difference was 24.  This time, the pass came with 8:26 in the THIRD QUARTER.  So, you want the Colts to just run on every play after halftime I guess. :D  Peyton did not play in the fourth.

It was 34-9.  25 point difference.  2:11 to go in the THIRD QUARTER.  Peyton left the game after this pass.  He did not play the rest of the third or any of the fourth quarter.

They did run the ball in those games.  A lot.  But you can hardly expect teams to ONLY run the ball from the middle of the third quarter on.  That is ridiculous.  Edge does not want out of Indy.  You obviously haven't read any of his quotes.  If he hated not getting the ball so much, why did he switch places with James Mungro after the huddle in order to give Mungro the record-tying 48th TD?  You crybaby Edge fans crack me up.  Edge doesn't care where he plays as long as he gets PAID.

757044[/snapback]

Leading 35-7 Tom Brady throws a 44 yard TD to David Patten with six minutes to go in the third quarter against the Browns. . .

link

Leading 16-0, Tom Brady throws a 6 yard TD to Deion Branch with 12:36 in the fourth quarter against the Jets. . .

another link

WHY WEREN'T THEY RUNNING THE BALL????  :D

757066[/snapback]

And I'm sticking with Manning.

Any, and I mean any other team in NFL would run and take time off the clock....I am really surprised that Tony Dungy allowed that to happen.. I used to put Dungy on a pedestal when it came to integrity, now I am not so sure...

758342[/snapback]

Are you reading the other posts?

link

another link

WHY WEREN'T THEY RUNNING THE BALL????  :D

757066[/snapback]

But I guess the Colts didn't want the Nation to see what Edge looks like when there is absolutely no passing game.

757297[/snapback]

You mean a two-time rushing champ that had 2,031 total yards and 9 TD's last year?

Edited by CaptainHook

My top 5 choices of players to build a team around,

1. Tom Brady....All he does is win,win,win!

2. Jon Vilma...Call me crazy but, when I watched him play, I see a younger, faster version of Ray Lewis. I think Vilma is much better than Lewis at this stage of his career!

3. Ladanian Tomlinson...By far, the most talented running back in football,maybe of all time! Sorry Barry, I call em as I see them...

4.Daunte Culpepper....A freak in the qb position...If he keeps improving on all the little things,his potential is limitless!

5.Sean Taylor....A man amongst boys in the saftey position.Almost a mirror to Rodney Harrison at his age,but he's bigger,faster stronger...

Edited by Gators