[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This guy is the man also.

Jones may be the best pure athlete in the whole draft.... but coming out as a QB sets him back some. From what I know, they dont think he would succeed as an NFL QB, but he could become anything from an LB, SS, WR to RB. Someone will draft him, and I also think it will be in the second round.

Jones may be the best pure athlete in the whole draft.... but coming out as a QB sets him back some. From what I know, they dont think he would succeed as an NFL QB, but he could become anything from an LB, SS, WR to RB. Someone will draft him, and I also think it will be in the second round.

758105[/snapback]

From what I've read, he's had a fairly serious shoulder problem that's really limited his development as a QB, and is a large reason why he's switching positions. Bet he'll make a hell of a WR, though.

Mort did a nice story on him, looks like he going for WR, but who knows.

Height: 6-6¼

Weight: 242

40 time (hand-timed): 4.37 and 4.39

40 time (electronic): 4.40

Vertical jump: 39.5 inches

Standing broad jump: 10 feet, 9 inches

morts take: http://proxy.espn.go.com/nfl/draft05/colum...hris&id=2025109

could arguably even become the best tight end also with that speed, unreal for over 240lbs.

758398[/snapback]

From what I've read they're worried that the extra size needed for TE will steal from his speed, but we'll see in round 2 of the draft

758105[/snapback]

You're fotgetting TE. I don't think anyone wants to draft him as a QB.

From Mort's article on ESPN, it's on the NFL front page, can't miss it.

Height: 6-6¼

Weight: 242

40 time (hand-timed): 4.37 and 4.39

40 time (electronic): 4.40

Vertical jump: 39.5 inches

Standing broad jump: 10 feet, 9 inches

Jones was even more productive running the ball from the quarterback spot than Michael Vick was at Virginia Tech. Yet, even though Jones is more than a half-foot taller than Vick with almost identical 40 times (Vick ran a hand-timed 4.37 at his first mini-camp with the Falcons)

Looks like definately WR......

"You know, it's funny," one AFC head coach told me last week. "We asked [Jones] about putting on some weight and playing tight end, and he made it clear that he thought it was foolish. He said, 'So you want me to put on 20 pounds and be a 4.57 guy instead of a 4.37 guy?' When you put that into context, you have to admit he makes sense. Match up a 6-6 guy who is that fast and athletic with great hands on any corner – even the tall ones – and how do you stop him?"

I heard Mort on the radio this morning. He said there is no doubt in his mind that Jones is not only the best sthlete in the draft, but the best football player.

He said that Jones will be a WR in the NFL and made this statement:

"I went to the owrkout thinking ths kid would be the next Terrell Owens. I came away from the workout thinking that he is a mix between TO and Randy Moss. This kid will pack stadiums for many years in the NFL."

That is some serious praise.