[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sox vs. Yanks

SuperBalla

:D

Oh geez... he gave up 4 runs against the biggest payroll in baseball in his first start of the season. I guess he should just frickin' kill himself, he's so worthless.

They can't start the Big Unit every single game. We'll get 'em. Long season.

Did I mention that the Sox are the World Series Champions? Because they are... the best frickin' team in baseball. Bar none. Prove me wrong. :D

Oh geez... he gave up 4 runs against the biggest payroll in baseball in his first start of the season.  I guess he should just frickin' kill himself, he's so worthless.

They can't start the Big Unit every single game.  We'll get 'em.  Long season.

Did I mention that the Sox are the World Series Champions?  Because they are... the best frickin' team in baseball.  Bar none.  Prove me wrong.  :D

765138[/snapback]

You've got a year of bragging rights Atomic, enjoy them. :D

Oh geez... he gave up 4 runs against the biggest payroll in baseball in his first start of the season.  I guess he should just frickin' kill himself, he's so worthless.

765138[/snapback]

Atomic,

The Sox are the defending champs. You can stop making excuses like a child. You know d@mn well if the Sox would have lit up The Unit you'd be talking sh!t.

Atomic,

The Sox are the defending champs.  You can stop making excuses like a child.  You know d@mn well if the Sox would have lit up The Unit you'd be talking sh!t.

765276[/snapback]

You know it.

But I wouldn't be claiming that Randy Johnson's career is over. That's just dumb...

They can't start the Big Unit every single game.  We'll get 'em.  Long season.

Did I mention that the Sox are the World Series Champions?  Because they are... the best frickin' team in baseball.  Bar none.  Prove me wrong.  :D

765138[/snapback]

Hey, look, it's baseballs very own version of Ugly Tuna. Way to go Atomic, although I really expected more from you.

Wow - what a ridiculous thread. As some of you may know, I'm a huge Sox fan. I'm not delusional either - Yanks clearly have the better team at this point (as they did last year), but this was 1 GAME. Ya think the "Wells' career is over" and "Sox are shat" declarations are a bit premature?

Nobody was saying Mariano's career was over after he got shelled repeatedly by the Sox last year. Pitchers get hit sometimes - to say Wells should hang it up after 1 bad game is just plain stupid. He's still a solid pitcher (anyone see what he did in SD last year?) - he just had a bad outing (and all the signs were there beforehand if you paid attention - I benched him in my roto leagues b/c I knew he'd be gettting shelled). Any reasonable Sox fan knew going in on Sunday that we had about a 10% chance of winning that game. Good thing it's not a 3 game season . . .

Wow - what a ridiculous thread.  As some of you may know, I'm a huge Sox fan.  I'm not delusional either - Yanks clearly have the better team at this point (as they did last year), but this was 1 GAME.  Ya think the "Wells' career is over" and "Sox are shat" declarations are a bit premature? 

Nobody was saying Mariano's career was over after he got shelled repeatedly by the Sox last year.  Pitchers get hit sometimes - to say Wells should hang it up after 1 bad game is just plain stupid.  He's still  a solid pitcher (anyone see what he did in SD last year?) - he just had a bad outing (and all the signs were there beforehand if you paid attention - I benched him in my roto leagues b/c I knew he'd be gettting shelled).  Any reasonable Sox fan knew going in on Sunday that we had about a 10% chance of winning that game.  Good thing it's not a 3 game season . . .

765878[/snapback]

Indeed. Although, in general, baseball pretty much sucks ass, and balzac is usually drooling over some NE sports team :D, this statement is right on the money. :D

Indeed. Although, in general, baseball pretty much sucks ass, and balzac is usually drooling over some NE sports team :D, this statement is right on the money. :D

765906[/snapback]

Sox rule! Pats rule! Celts rule (alright, but at least they're making the playoffs)! Baked beans rule! Obnoxious Boston fans rule!

Wow - what a ridiculous thread.  As some of you may know, I'm a huge Sox fan.  I'm not delusional either - Yanks clearly have the better team at this point (as they did last year), but this was 1 GAME.  Ya think the "Wells' career is over" and "Sox are shat" declarations are a bit premature? 

Nobody was saying Mariano's career was over after he got shelled repeatedly by the Sox last year.  Pitchers get hit sometimes - to say Wells should hang it up after 1 bad game is just plain stupid.  He's still  a solid pitcher (anyone see what he did in SD last year?) - he just had a bad outing (and all the signs were there beforehand if you paid attention - I benched him in my roto leagues b/c I knew he'd be gettting shelled).  Any reasonable Sox fan knew going in on Sunday that we had about a 10% chance of winning that game.  Good thing it's not a 3 game season . . .

765878[/snapback]

hmmm . . . perhaps I spoke too soon w/r/t Mariano. What's wrong with that dude?

• 2 weeks later...

AL East Standings

Baltimore 9-6

Boston 9-6

Toronto 9-7

New York 6-9

Tampa Bay 5-10

Well... the Yanks are beating Tampa Bay... so you have that going for you. :D

I think Wells has made a pretty good turnaround in 4 starts. 8 innings with only 3 hits last night is just alright with me.

Meanwhile I wish I had invested my 401K in Randy Johnson's ERA on opening day... 1.50, 3.75, 4.74, 5.13... Sell! Sell!

Ahh... sweet short-term success... :D

Edited by AtomicCEO

How 'bout dem O's.  :D

796981[/snapback]

That's right! (translated for the locals as 'das right hon).

17-7. They may have finally turned the corner AND put themselves in actual contention. Finally. They'd been relegated to 2nd class citizens once Billick came to town. The Ravens rise started just as the O's fall. Maybe we'll get to enjoy our first year of having both the Ravens and O's be great teams since the Bert Jones/Jim Palmer years.

800227[/snapback]

Hey Joe, is your avy Don Hertzfeldt's work? Is that from Rejected?

Do you think that even Stienbrenner would dare to fire Torre?

800479[/snapback]

I think Cashman should be and will be the first to go, before Torre. Even George doesn't want to have to pay Torre $6 million a year to do nothing. Plus, you can't blame Torre for bringing in Kevin Brown and Jaret Wright (among others).

I'm a Yankee fan, but I've said it in here many times before...Cashman makes absolutely terrible decisions. He'll probably find another job, but the Yanks can easily find a better GM. I think it's coming soon too...see ya Brian. :wave:

Edited by Skrappy1