[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trdae rumor

BigTen

I am hearing that there is a rumor involviong a trade of 1rd picks where KC and Detroit would swap. I am hearing that the Lions want Pollack but feel #10 is to high to take him at. Anyone else hear anything on this? I would love to get Pollack in D-town. The only worry I have is if this is ture, does some other team stick it to the Lions and pick Pollack before they get the chance?

Edited by BigTen

This makes sense if, and only if, either:

1) KC thinks that the top three CBs will be gone by 15 and the Surtain deal is dead...or...

2) KC it going for Surtain and thinks that Shawne Merriman will be off the board by 15 (but still available at 10)...or...

2) KC is going for Surtain and thinks that they have a shot at Mike Williams dropping, or Mark Clayton or Troy Williamson being off the board at 15.

...imo...

PS - I love trade rumors. :D

This makes sense. My latest mock has DJ and Merriman BOTH going before 10, and both Barron and the two corners would be nice luxuries but not need picks. The Lions need depth, and the Chiefs need a corner. I personally don't like Pollack, but I keep hearing Millen does. If the Lions can move down and grab Pollack, plus a second-rounder, I could definitely see that happening.

Peace

policy

Only problem I see is if Pollack gets taken before our pick. What will the Lions do if that happens. Hope they have a Plan B in case the trade is made and they lose Pollack.

Only problem I see is if Pollack gets taken before our pick.  What will the Lions do if that happens.  Hope they have a Plan B in case the trade is made and they lose Pollack.

788450[/snapback]

Then they'd take Carlos Rogers, DeMarcus Ware, Erasmus James, etc. etc. etc. There are a lot of decent players that would fill needs at 1.15.

Peace

policy

I've been thinking that Carlos Rogers will go earlier than 15... Decent chance all three top CBs are gone by 10...with TEN, ARI and WAS all with big need at corner...

We'll see soon enough...

This makes sense if, and only if, either:

1) KC thinks that the top three CBs will be gone by 15 and the Surtain deal is dead...or...

2) KC it going for Surtain and thinks that Shawne Merriman will be off the board by 15 (but still available at 10)...or...

2) KC is going for Surtain and thinks that they have a shot at Mike Williams dropping, or Mark Clayton or Troy Williamson being off the board at 15.

...imo...

PS - I love trade rumors.  :D

788427[/snapback]

...well, now that KC is getting Surtain...

I heard that the player was not Merriman but Johnson, LB, Texas...that if he dropped to 10, that KC was looking to pull the trigger...

...well, now that KC is getting Surtain...

I heard that the player was not Merriman but Johnson, LB, Texas...that if he dropped to 10, that KC was looking to pull the trigger...

789537[/snapback]

If DJ drops to 10, the Lions need to be the team pulling the trigger by staying where they are and drafting him. I think it is funny that many Lions fans feel that all Detroit needs is depth. They are not that good. They need help on the OLine, DE, Linebacker and safety. Just because we have big name skill position players does not mean we are a playoff contender in the NFL yet. Stay where you are and take an impact player!

:D

789605[/snapback]

I know...if that happened, that would be a HUGE turnaround for KC on defense...

Don't know how much it'd cost to move up 5 spots in the first round, though...especially since we no longer have a 2nd rounder...

...what... Swap 1st rounders, and KC tosses in this years 3rd and next years' 2nd?

I know...if that happened, that would be a HUGE turnaround for KC on defense...

Don't know how much it'd cost to move up 5 spots in the first round, though...especially since we no longer have a 2nd rounder...

...what...  Swap 1st rounders, and KC tosses in this years 3rd and next years' 2nd?

789609[/snapback]

Theoretically, it should cost them more than that. So, without a 2nd this year, I'd really be surprised if they tried to give up more picks to move up.

All I know is DJ is what the Chiefs need. We can find a WR in the later rounds. We need one more LB and a good one and we are set on D. Would be nice to find another DE that could sub in time this year. I am sure happy that Carl finally delivered in FA like he should have been for years.

Report: Dolphins trade Surtain to Chiefs

By Alex Marvez

Sun-Sentinel.com

Posted April 22 2005, 10:01 AM EDT

NEW YORK -- The Dolphins will have a second-round pick in Saturday's draft after all.

FOXSports.com reported Friday morning that the Dolphins have agreed to send cornerback Patrick Surtain to Kansas City for a second-round pick, which is the 46th overall selection. The Dolphins also agreed to swap fifth-round choices with Kansas City, shifting from the 138th pick to No. 162.

The Dolphins, who were without a second-round pick because of last year's trade with Philadelphia to acquire A.J. Feeley, began shopping Surtain in February when determining the sides were too far apart on a contract extension. Surtain, who is entering the final year of his contract, is expected to sign a multiyear extension with Kansas City that includes an eight-digit signing bonus.

The trade is contingent upon Surtain passing a Chiefs physical.

The Dolphins will receive considerable salary cap relief by trading Surtain, which will help the team sign its incoming rookie draft class. Surtain had a cap number of $8.4 million with a 2005 base salary of $5.9 million.

But the Dolphins will now have to find a replacement for Surtain, a three-time Pro Bowl selection. Unless the Dolphins address the position in the draft, Reggie Howard, Will Poole and Mario Edwards are the top three candidates to start opposite Sam Madison.

Carl has done a pretty good job (very good?) in free agency over the last few years...just they're all on offense (Eddie Kennison was dirt cheap, Priest Holmes, etc.).

It's good to see him have what appears to be an "A" free agency period for the defense.

...I'm beginning to wonder if he doesn't take a WR at 15...

Report: Dolphins trade Surtain to Chiefs

By Alex Marvez

Sun-Sentinel.com

Posted April 22 2005, 10:01 AM EDT

NEW YORK -- The Dolphins will have a second-round pick in Saturday's draft after all.

FOXSports.com reported Friday morning that the Dolphins have agreed to send cornerback Patrick Surtain to Kansas City for a second-round pick, which is the 46th overall selection. The Dolphins also agreed to swap fifth-round choices with Kansas City, shifting from the 138th pick to No. 162.

marvez has his numbers mixed up, pick 162 is in the 6th round and it belongs to the chargers. the chiefs own 2 5th round picks.

now the question (for another post :D ) is, which 5th round pick does miami get and what drugs is alex marvez on :D ?

The Dolphins, who were without a second-round pick because of last year's trade with Philadelphia to acquire A.J. Feeley, began shopping Surtain in February when determining the sides were too far apart on a contract extension. Surtain, who is entering the final year of his contract, is expected to sign a multiyear extension with Kansas City that includes an eight-digit signing bonus.

The trade is contingent upon Surtain passing a Chiefs physical.

The Dolphins will receive considerable salary cap relief by trading Surtain, which will help the team sign its incoming rookie draft class. Surtain had a cap number of $8.4 million with a 2005 base salary of $5.9 million.

But the Dolphins will now have to find a replacement for Surtain, a three-time Pro Bowl selection. Unless the Dolphins address the position in the draft, Reggie Howard, Will Poole and Mario Edwards are the top three candidates to start opposite Sam Madison.

789725[/snapback]

You, sir, are the moran.

Due to compensatory selections, the 162nd pick is in the 5th round, and it is (or was!) owned by the Chiefs.

789891[/snapback]

you better check yourself muck. there is no reason to be a d!ck!

I don't think that the comp picks can be traded

789898[/snapback]

thank's for back up duch as this is my point, mia does not own pick 138(yet) they own (or owned) 129, and you're right, comp picks can't be traded. :D

you better check yourself muck. there is no reason to be a d!ck!

thank's for back up duch as this is my point, mia does not own pick 138(yet) they own (or owned) 129, and  you're right, comp picks can't be traded. :D

789949[/snapback]

Check this out...there are six compensatory selections at the end of the 3rd round and three more at the end of the 4th round.

Edited by muck

point taken. it's not a comp pick. however, lighten up. there are more important things in this world to get yourself in a tizzy about.

you ask, "what is worth getting in a tizzy more than football?".

LADIES, HONEYS, HOTTIES, BABES....etc. :D