[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

GB signs former AZ LB R.Thompson

http://www.packers.com/news/releases/2005/04/22/1/

Happy to see Barry back. A lot of teams around the league think O'Sullivan is a talented guy so that's a positive too.

http://www.jsonline.com/packer/news/apr05/320391.asp

Chad Brown, recently cut by Seattle, is interested in joining the Packers.

I agree...

With Ray Thompson already signed, Chad Brown wouldn't have to play every down which could save his body. Would be a tough LB rotation.

My dream would be to get Thomas Davis in the 1st round... after that we could just keep adding depth. A solid pass rushing DE would be nice too.

We still need help on D... but with Brown we'd be able to be a little more creative and maybe take the guys we want WHEN we want them, not sitting back glaring at a need and pressing. Flexibility in the draft is KEY.

I'd like to see Courtney Roby in GB. He set the Indiana receiving record with crap QB's. That's a lot of RAC's. PLUS he's return guy. COULD end up our #2 WR.

We'll see how tomorrow goes.

Saw a rumor that Brown's injuries have taken a toll - he's pretty well a strict pass-rush guy who can't play in space anymore.

Be a nice bookend coming off the edge with KGB, though. Like the Raynoch Thompson signing - he was a tackling machine who Arizona was constantly trying to get rid of; all he did was beat out any and everyone they brought in and give 100% on the field. Wouldn't mind seeing him step into the middle, Barnett shift over to WLB and Diggs go back to SLB, Navies provide decent depth on the bench, and Torrance Marshall can go bye-bye.

Yeah, I had some virus come in and munch dll files needed for net access on my home PC.

It doesn't appear my understated eloquence has been missed too awful much though. :D

Saw a rumor that Brown's injuries have taken a toll - he's pretty well a strict pass-rush guy who can't play in space anymore.

Be a nice bookend coming off the edge with KGB, though. Like the Raynoch Thompson signing - he was a tackling machine who Arizona was constantly trying to get rid of; all he did was beat out any and everyone they brought in and give 100% on the field. Wouldn't mind seeing him step into the middle, Barnett shift over to WLB and Diggs go back to SLB, Navies provide decent depth on the bench, and Torrance Marshall can go bye-bye.

791726[/snapback]

Sounding more and more like Navies might not be back. The Pack has offered the vet minimum, but so far he isn't willing to take it. Of course his agent is putting the spin on saying that he played last year with a bum shoulder which lead to a dropoff in production and now he is "paying for taking one for the team".

Sounding more and more like Navies might not be back.  The Pack has offered the vet minimum, but so far he isn't willing to take it.  Of course his agent is putting the spin on saying that he played last year with a bum shoulder which lead to a dropoff in production and now he is "paying for taking one for the team".

791751[/snapback]

Navies on the bench would be nice, but it wouldn't break my heart if he left. Despite being a first-ballot entry into the All-Name Hall of Fame, he's just a guy out there - solid, nothing that can't be replaced fairly easily and cheaply.

Navies on the bench would be nice, but it wouldn't break my heart if he left. Despite being a first-ballot entry into the All-Name Hall of Fame, he's just a guy out there - solid, nothing that can't be replaced fairly easily and cheaply.

791768[/snapback]

I agree. Navies is nothing special. This year Diggs moves back to the strongside. I think they'll leave Barnett in the middle and insert Raynoch at the weakside (his former linebacker coach says that's his best position).

They are claiming that 2nd round pick Nick Collins is going to start :D

IMO they should have taken Dan Cody. They probably still could have gotten Collins at #58 (instead of a WR) if they liked him that much.