[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

henry, edge, alexander

Azazello1313

You probably already know this, but just in case:

Edge: In a move that may surprise some, James has signed a one-year, $8.081 million franchise tender from the Colts. Edge had been given permission to seek a trade however and his agent is aggressively doing just that. But for now, with the tender signed, James is still a Colt and contractually obligated to show up for minicamps and training camp.

Alexander: Looks like the only way Alexander is leaving Seattle is via trade, as the Seahawks have named him their franchise player. This prevents him from becoming a free agent and grants him a one-year contract worth about $6.3 million. The team has until March 16 to try to reach a long-term deal.

Haven't heard much about Henry, other than the fact that he's not happy being a backup and that his value is not particularly high.

i think both edge and alexander are unhappy with their one-year contract status, so there has been talk of them being traded all offseason. but now there's really nowhere for them to go. i think it's going to be tough for their agents to get good, long-term deals for them. it sucks to be a veteran NFL RB under the current collective bargaining agmt.

I just read that henry signed a big contract to be the spokesperson for Tweezers. Something about their usefulness pulling splinters out of the derrierre.

792739[/snapback]

:D:D:D

I also heard he is looking at coming to Green Bay, he wants a little cheese to go with his whine.

Edge and Shaun should count themselves lucky and stay where they are. Teams are not going to pay them what they want.

Travis Henry gets no love. The dude is a tough runner, plays hurt and gives 100% on the field. I agree McGahee is too good not to play, but I can't believe the Bills won't move him. I gotta believe Henry on his word that he won't return to the Bills, why keep a player when you KNOW he won't report???

Edge and Shaun should count themselves lucky and stay where they are. Teams are not going to pay them what they want.

Travis Henry gets no love. The dude is a tough runner, plays hurt and gives 100% on the field. I agree McGahee is too good not to play, but I can't believe the Bills won't move him. I gotta believe Henry on his word that he won't return to the Bills, why keep a player when you KNOW he won't report???

792922[/snapback]

Edge and Alexander have 1 year deals. They get hurt then they are screwed. Possible cut/injury settlement with a much lower earning potential as a free agent the following year. They want the big bonus now as their guarentee against that. I understand, but I still do not 'pity' someone making $6 - $8 million for one year.

Henry has been tough, but not a stud. Put in your time, shut your mouth and wait until the deal you signed is up.

792922[/snapback]

yeah, they're probably already regretting being sticklers on the henry/shelton deal. i doubt they'll get that kind of value post-draft.

yeah, they're probably already regretting being sticklers on the henry/shelton deal.  i doubt they'll get that kind of value post-draft.

792954[/snapback]

Agree. Even if they felt they weren't getting full value, they should've done the deal and moved on IMO.

Henry has been tough, but not a stud.

792953[/snapback]

Uh, OK. Define stud. In his 2 full seasons he rushed for 1438 and 1356 yards, and had 13 and 10 rushing TD's respectively. He also added a receiving TD in each of those seasons. Looks like a stud to me. :D

Not to mention the fact that he showed heart by playing hurt. Henry has the right to beyatch, at least as much as anyone else imo. He gave 100% to the Bills, produced for them, and now is riding pine. Not necessarily fair imo.

Talk today on Philly local radio is that The Eagles have "concerns" about Henry's overall physical health and never really had a huge interest in acquiring him despite all of the pre-draft rumors. One suggestion was that Philly intentionally put it out there that they wanted Henry so that other teams were mislead and wouldn't expect them to draft the RB that they really wanted- ie. Moats.

Who knows- I find it odd that a "stud" RB like that wouldn't even be worth a 3rd or 4th round draft pick- there must be more to this story that we just don't know about???

Talk today on Philly local radio is that The Eagles have "concerns" about Henry's overall physical health and never really had a huge interest in acquiring him despite all of the pre-draft rumors. One suggestion was that Philly intentionally put it out there that they wanted Henry so that other teams were mislead and wouldn't expect them to draft the RB that they really wanted- ie. Moats.

Who knows- I find it odd that a "stud" RB like that wouldn't even be worth a 3rd or 4th round draft pick- there must be more to this story that we just don't know about???

793091[/snapback]

its gotta be the leg. You're right, this just doens't make any sense. If his contract is up at the end of this season, wouldn't the Bills want to try to do anything they could to move him and at least get something for him as opposed to just letting him leave at the end of the year? They can't be too down on him, he played his freakin booty off for em'. Every single time I watched Henry I was impressed with how hard he ran.

its gotta be the leg.  You're right, this just doens't make any sense.  If his contract is up at the end of this season, wouldn't the Bills want to try to do anything they could to move him and at least get something for him as opposed to just letting him leave at the end of the year?  They can't be too down on him, he played his freakin booty off for em'.  Every single time I watched Henry I was impressed with how hard he ran.

793589[/snapback]

Sure, because the Ravens letting Priest Holmes go the year after they won the SuperBowl worked out so well (Terry Allen?).

NFL teams you they MUST have two RBs at the minimum. You can NEVER have enough RBs. They have Henry under contract cheap. He's worth more to them as insurance than some cast off from an other team (Cards offer) or some future pick.

Consider McGahee has less than one year under his belt and a cheap, proven guy like Henry is a very, very nice 2nd option.

Henry == Insurance policy.