[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anyone start a dynasty rookie draft yet?

Jo

Always fun to see what these rookie drafts look like. Mine is starting tomorrow. Always like to compare mine to the others. Plus I'd see to see on average what's going to be there for my 1st round pick (9th of 12).

In our EIEFFL league we include rookies in our full team draft. We can keep up to 10 players, and rookies can't be taken until the 9th round. Draft order is based on reverse order of last year's draft so the losers get those early picks.

Since I've finished first 4 out of the last 5 years, I'm always drafting last. What I try to do is trade players over my 10 keeper limit for one of those 9th round picks. I compare the rookies available in that key 9th round against the value of all the players and might take a guy I need over a rookie there.

Now, answering Jo's question.

I not only look at the players individual potential, I look at the team he'll be playing on.

Will he start right away? All 4 prime RBs look like sure starters.

Will he share time? Cedrick Benson will have Thomas Jones lurking there and Michael Pittman will be there behind Cadillac Williams. Ronnie Brown looks better than most but the Fins OL isn't solid yet.

Will he land on a high scoring team? I actually like JJ Arrington best here because he suits Denny Green's style. Green loves to score. With Kurt Warner tossing the ball to those 3 stud WRs, they won't be able to stack up the box on Arrington. The Cards might just have the best OL there.

Who to take? Long term I like Ronnie Brown, but this year? Arrington or Williams in my book.

So far:

Brown

Benson

Cadillac

Arrington

Edwards

Mike Williams

Williamson

Shelton

Pretty standard scoring dynasty league.

I hope this helps.

Here's how ours has gone down...

1. Benson (to me... obviously biased toward dem 'Horns)

2. Brown

3. Williams

4. A.Smith

5. Matt Jones (seriously... but the league is in Northwest Arkansas - homer pick)

6. Williamson

7. Arrington

8. Edwards

9. J.Campbell

10. A.Rodgers