[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

David Boston

bumpersb

The Miami O has lots of question marks. With what should be an improved running game and if Feely can get an extra second from the line to throw the ball. Does the addition of Boston make him, Chambers and Booker a better than average receiving corp?

Main problem, as I see it, is that Boston is a headcase. You just never know what you're going to get. If, and I emphasize the word "if", Boston decides to play and can stay healthy and can stay out of trouble, I think he could be a decent WR. He has the tools, we've all seen that. However, there are way too many conditions necessary for that to happen, so he's a HUGH risk.

Kinda my feeling about Sullivan. His best years were with sullivan. I expected 1,000 yards with him last year befor the injury by re-uniting with Sullivan and his weight loss. Although now he is not being asked to be the #1 or 2 guy.

Does the addition of Boston make him, Chambers and Booker a better than average receiving corp?

816807[/snapback]

:D You're kidding, right!?!?

Does the addition of Boston make him, Chambers and Booker a better than average receiving corp?

816807[/snapback]

Not with Stoney Case or whoever the helll they have throwing to them.

Hudson Houck will eventually make this entire OLine better. Not sure if that will happen in year one but it will happen.

Houck is Miami's best offseason move.

Boston is low risk high reward IMO. He's making the vet minimum and he around 230 lbs as opposed to 260 last year.

Another fact is that he's only 27 years old. I always thought he was older.

817629[/snapback]

Nope.....just rewatched the 1997 RoseBowl highlights on ESPN CLassic yesterday...Boston....Plummer.....and Tillman. :D

Edited to add:.....and Pace.....and Derek Smith.....and Vrabel....and Derrick Rogers......and Poole......who Winfield handily shut down. :D

Edit2: No....he won't make a huge difference. The "natural, homeopathic, GNC - I swear there's no effedrin, milkshake drinking, plant derivatives and extracts for better living" community has him taking 65 unknown capsules a day still. It really cuts into his workout schedule. :D

Edited by SteelBunz

Miami does not have Sullivan - but they do have Linehan (and the wides coach) from Minn - who have some experience in dealing with head case wides.

I was fully aware that sullivan is no in SF and no longer with Miami. Great point about Linehan though.

You're kidding, right!?!?

Even though I am a homer, i am not kidding. I think San Diego was ranked like 27 at the start of last year. The main area of concern was the offensive line. The person who gets the most credit for the line's trunaround is Houck. Do you see any reason why he can't do the same for Miami? Now I don't expect any pro bowl accolades for Feely but I see their offense being much better than people anticipate.

Hudson Houck will eventually make this entire OLine better. Not sure if that will happen in year one but it will happen.

Houck is Miami's best offseason move.

Boston is low risk high reward IMO. He's making the vet minimum and he around 230 lbs as opposed to 260 last year.

817629[/snapback]

Boston is low risk? In what book. He's a head case and has a history for injury. Season ending injuries. Everyone said Taylor was a risk, Boston's history is worse.

Boston is low risk? In what book. He's a head case and has a history for injury. Season ending injuries. Everyone said Taylor was a risk, Boston's history is worse.

818341[/snapback]

I'm with stupid ^

818341[/snapback]

I think because you can probably get him cheaply, maybe as a #4 or #5 wide, and he could produce #1 numbers. If your draft has 16 or 18 rounds, and you can get him in the 9th or so round, that would be low risk to me.

I think because you can probably get him cheaply, maybe as a #4 or #5 wide, and he could produce #1 numbers.  If your draft has 16 or 18 rounds, and you can get him in the 9th or so round, that would be low risk to me.

818442[/snapback]

Exactly.

He got a one year deal at the vet minimum. He'll be the Dolphins 3rd WR at best.

If thats' not low risk high reward I don't know what is.