[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

New New Mock Draft

Randall

:D ...what a shock!...I pre-selected and didn't like my picks...

oh well.. :D

832519[/snapback]

This is why if you want truly representative mock draft results you need people who can actually put in some time. Predrafting can work pretty well when doing it from just a few slots away but too much can happen between picks when you start predrafting for several draft slots at a time. You can come close to making it work out the way you'd like but it takes more time and thought than most people want to put in to predrafting picks.

I'm so glad we started a new draft so that everything would work more smoothly. We just went through a stretch in which 8 of 10 picks were made by the computer.

Note to self: save pointed remarks so as not to offend anyone... or everyone

:D Goodmorning all...Yikes, I can see I didn't predraft enough fellas.  Already on Computer Control  how embarrassing  :D

832583[/snapback]

Yep. Me too. :D I guess I didn't master predrafting more than one draft position at a time after all!! :D

Edited by Chargerz

Sorry everyone. The draft timer was supposed to be turned off overnight. My mistake was making it 3 hours.

833180[/snapback]

We live and learn, huh, Randall. Gilthorp's post was right on!

We live and learn, huh, Randall. Gilthorp's post was right on!

833182[/snapback]

Yes, but these mocks don't allow such control. Still with Broncos just checking in a little more often it would have worked out. Anyone know a better mock site?

Chargerz you're up.

Edited by Randall

Just made my pick. By the way, I'm out of the Huddle 12 draft. The computer won't let me manage my team anymore.

833289[/snapback]

You can predraft, but yeah your right this didn't turn out as planned..

:D:D:D

This seems pretty ridiculous. Just out of curiosity, why is there a rush with these Antsports mocks? Nothing is really going to change for the next month or so...why not just allow it to take as long as necessary? At this point, I don't even think I'd care to view the results.

We should all probably just be a little patient and wait for The Huddle mocks to start (soon).

Antsports mocks are really good. If people aren't in front of their computers then 3hrs is simply not long enough. My team is theTruth. I suggest that if anyone starts another draft then the time should be at least 6-8hrs. This way peeps dont get timed out and computer controlled. Just my 2 cents.

You can predraft, but yeah your right this didn't turn out as planned..

:D  :D  :D

833294[/snapback]

I predrafted and the computer picked another player. :D I'm outta there!

See, the problem is that it wasn't planned. We didn't get together as a group, pick a 2-3 hour window and dedicate that time to draft (3-5 mins per). Now that would be worth while.

I'll continue to play along with this one. But if anyone is interested in the above. Let me know, I can make myself available.....

:D

Cheezhead,

The reason, was too have a little fun, and because we missed football

See, the problem is that it wasn't planned. We didn't get together as a group, pick a 2-3 hour window and dedicate that time to draft (3-5 mins per). Now that would be worth while.

I'll continue to play along with this one. But if anyone is interested in the above. Let me know, I can make myself available.....

Cheezhead,

The reason, was too  have a little fun, and because we missed football

833351[/snapback]

yeah, what he said... is it football season yet?

Cheezhead,

The reason, was too  have a little fun, and because we missed football

833351[/snapback]

Good idea. I could be available.

2. NEVER let someone participate if they screw around with other people's time. This can be controlled by actively recruiting people, and/or having commish control to remove that person from the draft.

3. ALWAYS have standby members available to step in for a dormant drafter.

832478[/snapback]

If we do another, these are outstanding recommendations. In addition, I believe myfantasyleague.com does mocks without time limits. This is what the official Huddle mocks are done through or at least they were last year. You don't need time limits if people have the thoughtfulness to post when they will be away and when they will return. If that becomes a problem, see gilthorp's rules 2 and 3 above.