[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pistons/Spurs

whomper

Should be a nice battle..I say Pistons in 6.

834297[/snapback]

Apparently you're smokin' cannoli! :D

Spurs in 5 or 6. 6 most likely.

1. Tony Parker and Beno Udrih are too fast for Chauncey Billups . No one to back up Billups, either.

2. Manu Giniobli is crafty and Rip Hamilton's gonna have a heck of a time guarding him.

3. Spurs are WAY too deep; Horry, Barry, Udrih, Big Dog, the list goes on.

4. Spurs are just as well-coached as the Pistons, without the drama.

5. Triple-headed monster should contain Duncan - to an extent - the way they "handled" Shaq.... but won't be enough. Timmy D will get his 20/10 nightly.

6. Spurs are well-rested.

My $.02. :D

Apparently you're smokin' cannoli!  :D

Spurs in 5 or 6.  6 most likely. 

1.  Tony Parker and Beno Udrih are too fast for Chauncey Billups .  No one to back up Billups, either.

2.  Manu Giniobli is crafty and Rip Hamilton's gonna have a heck of a time guarding him.

3.  Spurs are WAY too deep; Horry, Barry, Udrih, Big Dog, the list goes on.

4.  Spurs are just as well-coached as the Pistons, without the drama.

5.  Triple-headed monster should contain Duncan - to an extent - the way they "handled" Shaq.... but won't be enough.  Timmy D will get his 20/10 nightly.

6.  Spurs are well-rested. 

My $.02.  :D

834310[/snapback]

Sigline perhaps?

1.  Tony Parker and Beno Udrih are too fast for Chauncey Billups .  No one to back up Billups, either.  Lindsey Hunter gives quality relief and is an excellent defender on opposing guards.

2.  Manu Giniobli is crafty and Rip Hamilton's gonna have a heck of a time guarding him.  [beastieBoys] He's Crafty [/beastie Boys]  Maybe true, but Rip is tireless and in constant motion on the offensive end, so it works both ways.

3.  Spurs are WAY too deep; Horry, Barry, Udrih, Big Dog, the list goes on.  I'll give you the fact that they are deeper.

4.  Spurs are just as well-coached as the Pistons, without the drama.  Pop's is an excellent coach, but the drama is a little over-blown at this point.  If the Cavaliers rumors didn't cause a problem when they arose last series, shouldn't be an issue this series either.

5.  Triple-headed monster should contain Duncan - to an extent - the way they "handled" Shaq.... but won't be enough.  Timmy D will get his 20/10 nightly.  So did Shaq.

6.  Spurs are well-rested. So were the Heat.

834310[/snapback]

This should be an excellent series. I know the national interest may not be the same as if the Heat and Suns were playing, but the best two defensive teams are there. No surprise. To be honest, I've adapted to watching that type of game and now do not enjoy the all offense/no defense games.

Edited by Puddy

Sure I'll put a week sigline on it.  Not that I'm a huge Spurs fan or anything, but I'll do it for the heck of it.   :D

834350[/snapback]

OK..Ill go for a one week sigline bet..Ill be waiting for you to confirm :D The Pistons are a :D

edit to add Sorry for the shamless and blatant use of the new graemlins

Edited by whomper

Apparently you're smokin' cannoli!  :D

Spurs in 5 or 6.  6 most likely. 

1.  Tony Parker and Beno Udrih are too fast for Chauncey Billups .  No one to back up Billups, either.

2.  Manu Giniobli is crafty and Rip Hamilton's gonna have a heck of a time guarding him.

3.  Spurs are WAY too deep; Horry, Barry, Udrih, Big Dog, the list goes on.

4.  Spurs are just as well-coached as the Pistons, without the drama.

5.  Triple-headed monster should contain Duncan - to an extent - the way they "handled" Shaq.... but won't be enough.  Timmy D will get his 20/10 nightly.

6.  Spurs are well-rested. 

The Pistons in 6 or 7.

-Billups will be posting up Parker all day, and Hunter will provide more than enough backup for Billups.

-Rip and Tayshaun should be able to shut down Manu to some extent.

-Like they said on Sportscenter, Rasheed has guarded Tim Duncan better than anyone in the league.

-At this point in the season, the only reason you need rest is to recoup from injuries. The players are playing every other night. During the season, this is about the average for the entire season.

-ELDEN CAMPBELL!

Just my thoughts!

the spurs are every bit as good as detroit on defense, and they're much better on offense. i don't see a single area where the pistons have an advantage, and that includes coahcing, mental toughness, 'grit', and whatever else you can come up with -- you name it, the spurs are every bit as strong. IMO, the spurs are a well-oiled machine right now, the pistons will be lucky if they see a game 6.

the spurs are every bit as good as detroit on defense, and they're much better on offense.  i don't see a single area where the pistons have an advantage, and that includes coahcing, mental toughness, 'grit', and whatever else you can come up with -- you name it, the spurs are every bit as strong.  IMO, the spurs are a well-oiled machine right now, the pistons will be lucky if they see a game 6.

834910[/snapback]

Sounds like last year. ::D

This should be an excellent series.  I know the national interest may not be the same as if the Heat and Suns were playing, but the best two defensive teams are there.  No surprise.  To be honest, I've adapted to watching that type of game and now do not enjoy the all offense/no defense games.

834385[/snapback]

1. Tony Parker and Beno Udrih are too fast for Chauncey Billups . No one to back up Billups, either. Lindsey Hunter gives quality relief and is an excellent defender on opposing guards. <=== Lindsey Hunter? Surely you jest.

2. Manu Giniobli is crafty and Rip Hamilton's gonna have a heck of a time guarding him. [beastieBoys] He's Crafty [/beastie Boys] Maybe true, but Rip is tireless and in constant motion on the offensive end, so it works both ways. <=== Rip's tireless on the offensive end when in the half-court game. Rip will not be able to handle Manu on the break. Period.

3. Spurs are WAY too deep; Horry, Barry, Udrih, Big Dog, the list goes on. I'll give you the fact that they are deeper. <=== Understatement. Elden Campbell, McInjured, Hunter, DARKO... LOL

4. Spurs are just as well-coached as the Pistons, without the drama. Pop's is an excellent coach, but the drama is a little over-blown at this point. If the Cavaliers rumors didn't cause a problem when they arose last series, shouldn't be an issue this series either. <=== Probably won't be much of an issue, but the media will be beating it like a dead horse.

5. Triple-headed monster should contain Duncan - to an extent - the way they "handled" Shaq.... but won't be enough. Timmy D will get his 20/10 nightly. So did Shaq. <=== Actually, Duncan's been improving his numbers each of the past 3 playoff series. He'll probably get closer to 25/12.

6. Spurs are well-rested. So were the Heat. <=== The Heat are in no way, shape, or form anywhere CLOSE to the Spurs.

Has to be one of te best off the bench guys in the NBA even with his age :D

835073[/snapback]

No way. Can hit a three occasionally and get a board every now and then, but I wouldn't put him in the top ten for 6 man of the year if he even is the 6th man.

I remember a few years back he missed like 20 3's in a row for the Lakers, it was down right brutal, I felt bad for him.

I think he obviously has gotten over that, but the Fresh Prince is not the same man he was 5 years ago.

the key matchup may be parker and chauncey. whoever has the better series offensively against the other guy will go a huge way toward determining the winner IMO. chauncey has to score for detroit. rip's gonna have bowen all over him, i assume. it'll be interesting to see what the pistons do defensively with manu, that dude's tough to guard.

anyway, i guess i just see lots of areas where the spurs might have some offensive success, but i don't see where the pistons are gonna get any offense from. :D

1.  Tony Parker and Beno Udrih are too fast for Chauncey Billups .  No one to back up Billups, either.  Lindsey Hunter gives quality relief and is an excellent defender on opposing guards. <=== Lindsey Hunter?  Surely you jest.

2.  Manu Giniobli is crafty and Rip Hamilton's gonna have a heck of a time guarding him.  [beastieBoys] He's Crafty [/beastie Boys]  Maybe true, but Rip is tireless and in constant motion on the offensive end, so it works both ways. <=== Rip's tireless on the offensive end when in the half-court game.  Rip will not be able to handle Manu on the break.  Period. 

3.  Spurs are WAY too deep; Horry, Barry, Udrih, Big Dog, the list goes on.  I'll give you the fact that they are deeper.  <=== Understatement.  Elden Campbell, McInjured, Hunter, DARKO... LOL

4.  Spurs are just as well-coached as the Pistons, without the drama.  Pop's is an excellent coach, but the drama is a little over-blown at this point.  If the Cavaliers rumors didn't cause a problem when they arose last series, shouldn't be an issue this series either. <=== Probably won't be much of an issue, but the media will be beating it like a dead horse.

5.  Triple-headed monster should contain Duncan - to an extent - the way they "handled" Shaq.... but won't be enough.  Timmy D will get his 20/10 nightly.  So did Shaq. <=== Actually, Duncan's been improving his numbers each of the past 3 playoff series.  He'll probably get closer to 25/12.

6.  Spurs are well-rested. So were the Heat.  <=== The Heat are in no way, shape, or form anywhere CLOSE to the Spurs.

835066[/snapback]

Haven't seen much of the Spurs this year admittedly and I'll give you Horry and Barry as solid bench guys, but who the hell is Udrih and Big Dog, no way.

Seriously, who is Udrih? I play Fantasy Basketball fairly seriously and didn't hear of him all year nor remember seeing him as I search for Free Agents throughout the year.

Just would like to know as I expect to see him tomorrow about 10 minutes into the game. What kind of game does he have so I can act like I know his game?

Haven't seen much of the Spurs this year admittedly and I'll give you Horry and Barry as solid bench guys, but who the hell is Udrih and Big Dog, no way. 

Seriously, who is Udrih?  I play Fantasy Basketball fairly seriously and didn't hear of him all year nor remember seeing him as I search for Free Agents throughout the year.

Just would like to know as I expect to see him tomorrow about 10 minutes into the game.  What kind of game does he have so I can act like I know his game?

835102[/snapback]

Beno Udrih. He is the only NBA player whose last name starts with "U". :D

No, but really... He's a solid backup point guard. If you haven't followed the Spurs and your NBA knowledge comes purely from fantasy hoops, you probably haven't heard of him. I am a fantasy hoopster myself, and wouldn't have heard of him unless I watched plenty of TNT NBA games (which of course were like 75% Spurs games). He played in 80 games, starting 2 (when Parker was out). Only scored at a 6-point clip, but the Spurs don't seem to miss a beat when Parker sits. Shoots 45%, 41% from 3. Anyways, he's far better than Lindsey Freakin' Hunter.

And who knows, the Big Dog might come up big... especially when the second unit is in and all he has to deal with is the likes of Elden Campbell and Antonio McOuchmyknee.

Anyways, he's far better than Lindsey Freakin' Hunter.

835269[/snapback]

I'm guessing you don't watch many Pistons games. Lindsey's contribution doesn't show up that much in the box score. He is still a very relentless defender. If you think Udrih's 6 points a game is more valuable than putting the clamps on the opposing teams guards for 10-15 minutes a game, then I guess he is more valuable. Believe me, I cringe when Lindsey shoots (he isn't very much of an offensive threat any longer), but his defense makes up for it. If it didn't, Larry Brown would have him on the bench more.

I'm guessing you don't watch many Pistons games.  Lindsey's contribution doesn't show up that much in the box score.  He is still a very relentless defender.  If you think Udrih's 6 points a game is more valuable than putting the clamps on the opposing teams guards for 10-15 minutes a game, then I guess he is more valuable.  Believe me, I cringe when Lindsey shoots (he isn't very much of an offensive threat any longer), but his defense makes up for it.  If it didn't, Larry Brown would have him on the bench more.

835276[/snapback]

:D I saw enough of Lindsey Hunter when he was on the Lakers. Udrih's a fine defender himself... not that it'll matter, since he'll most likely draw Hunter when running the 2nd unit.