[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pistons /Spurs Sigline bet

whomper

whether it's second nature or not, sheed made a terrible split-second decision to leave his guy there. it's really on him individually, IMO. maybe partly on brown for not beating "NO THREES" into sheed's little walnut-sized brain in the huddle.

in any case, that was just an absolutely great game. seems like a lot of folks are down on duncan today for missing the free throws in the 4th, but man...that guy was a BEAST for most of the game. 8 offensive boards against detroit's frontline? more rebounds than both wallaces combined?

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whether it's second nature or not, sheed made a terrible split-second decision to leave his guy there.  it's really on him individually, IMO.  maybe partly on brown for not beating "NO THREES" into sheed's little walnut-sized brain in the huddle. 

Bonehead move by a bonehead. However, that move would have paled in comparison to the one that he luckily got beat out by the buzzer on. Dumba$$ pulled a Chris Webber and called for timeout at the end of regulation without Detroit having any timeouts. Fortunately for him, time expired before any of the blind refs saw him. You can see in the replays that Rip Hamilton is running up to him imploring him not to call the TO. Dingbat.

in any case, that was just an absolutely great game.  seems like a lot of folks are down on duncan today for missing the free throws in the 4th, but man...that guy was a BEAST for most of the game.  8 offensive boards against detroit's frontline?  more rebounds than both wallaces combined?

So true... Duncan did miss alot of FTs but he was all over the place. He should have ended it with that follow shot, though. Mark my words, he'll be on fire come Tuesday night.

847653[/snapback]

Good grief, I didn't say it was a good defensive set.  :D  I'm merely saying that it's second nature to go double in the corner... almost assured of a turnover or steal or at very least a risky pass that gets the offense out of their rhythm.  :D

847557[/snapback]

Unfortunately, have to agree with Darin here. A trap there forces a Timeout killing more time or possibly causes a defensive foul where the ref bails out the player or possibly causes a Rip Hamilton type shot that has absolutely no shot of going in because the offensive player instigates contact and thus cannot shoot the ball properly. Sorry a bit bitter about Rip's choice of shot there.

Sheed got out thought there by Manu who made a nice pass to Horry. I thought it was a designed play, until I heard Horry say he was going to set a screen for Timid until he saw Sheed double and then promptly thanked Detroit for the present by burying the 3.

You do not give up uncontested three point shots at that time of the game.  Rasheed Wallace's decision to leave Horry and double Ginobli was catastrophic for the Pistons. Worst case scenario if you defend well against the three is that they get an easy two.  Great, at least there is double-overtime.  Cardinal sin was committed and the odds of winning the last two on the road are remote.

:D  :D

847268[/snapback]

Dang. I missed game 5. I was camping. Glad to hear the Rasheed blew it. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

We're goin to Game 7. Detroit's gettin all the breaks. Great game by them, but they're gettin' pretty lucky, too.

2 minutes left, Detroit with the rock and up 1. Big possession coming up after the TO.

Guess those "breaks" could be considered "hustle plays" as Coach Brown said in the huddle... partially true, I suppose... but they are gettin' some good bounces.

Game freakin' over. Wow. Big surprise. Spurs crapped the bed. Duncan sucks. If you're supposedly one of the best players in the league, how do you suck this bad in such a huge game? Great game, Pee-ston fans. You most certainly deserve a huge thumbs-up. I am 100% serious. If I was a real Spurs fan I would be supremely pissed right now. Oh well, I just lost $50 and we'll see about this sigline.

Edited by darin3

These last two games have been a ridiculous roller coaster of emotions. I was begging LB to send Rasheed to the locker room in the 4th quarter because of the way he was complaining at the time. He ends up playing a HUGH role down the stretch.

Man, a chance to make history on Thursday night. If that happens (and it's a BIG if), they would really show the heart of a champion. Winning game 7 on the road against a favored Miami Heat and then on the road in the finals. That would be something very special.

DEEETROITTTTTT BASKETBALLLLLLL

One more baby.

Either way, it's now a great series. Anytime you get to a game 7, it's a great series, it just doesn't happen much anymore in the finals.

Man, a chance to make history on Thursday night.  If that happens (and it's a BIG if), they would really show the heart of a champion.  Winning game 7 on the road against a favored Miami Heat and then on the road in the finals.  That would be something very special.

849830[/snapback]

Agreed. If I was a "real" Spurs fan, I would be seething right now.

Darin, your boy Simmons took Detroit in game 7; had to hurt his soul to do so.

852016[/snapback]

:D I usually read Simmons' article just after lunch, during the obligatory restroom break. :D Will be interesting to see his logic. I partially agree with him. Will the Spurs come out with fire in their eyes and refuse to lose? Or are they still shellshocked by losing Game 6? I've said it before, and I'll say it here again. If I were a real Spurs fan I would be incredibly pissed. To play with no emotion, no fire, at home... that was weak. I will accept my week-long sigline should the Pistons pull off the incredible and wear with pride. The Pistons will have shown incredible sack, and deserve mad props. I just said "mad props". :D

:D  I usually read Simmons' article just after lunch, during the obligatory restroom break.  :D  Will be interesting to see his logic.  I partially agree with him.  Will the Spurs come out with fire in their eyes and refuse to lose?  Or are they still shellshocked by losing Game 6?  I've said it before, and I'll say it here again.  If I were a real Spurs fan I would be incredibly pissed.  To play with no emotion, no fire, at home... that was weak.  I will accept my week-long sigline should the Pistons pull off the incredible and wear with pride.  The Pistons will have shown incredible sack, and deserve mad props.  I just said "mad props".  :D

852025[/snapback]

Yes, I agree, I have no idea how the Spurs are going to play tonight. I have a feeling the Pistons will come out like they did last game and in the finals last year, but will they be able to make their shots, that may be the key.

28 threes last game by the Spurs, I'll be interested to see their offensive strategy tonight, I am sure it will be a lot of Timmy early and often, but how will the game progress?

Miami did the same thing last series, but for some reason (FT's?) they went away from Shaq later in the games.

:D  I usually read Simmons' article just after lunch, during the obligatory restroom break.  :D  Will be interesting to see his logic.  I partially agree with him.  Will the Spurs come out with fire in their eyes and refuse to lose?  Or are they still shellshocked by losing Game 6?  I've said it before, and I'll say it here again.  If I were a real Spurs fan I would be incredibly pissed.  To play with no emotion, no fire, at home... that was weak.  I will accept my week-long sigline should the Pistons pull off the incredible and wear with pride.  The Pistons will have shown incredible sack, and deserve mad props.  I just said "mad props".  :D

852025[/snapback]

Any thought that Detroit might just be a better team. I am sure the Spurs had plenty of emotion and fire.

Cant wait to get that repeat T-shirt.

Pistons ROCK

Any thought that Detroit might just be a better team. I am sure the Spurs had plenty of emotion and fire.

Cant wait to get that repeat T-shirt.

Pistons ROCK

852236[/snapback]

No. None.

Did you actually watch the game, sparky?

You are hilarious. I have honestly never seen a more myopic Piston fan. You are to the NBA and the Pistons as UglyTuna is to the NFL and the Patriots. Hil-arious. :D