[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Spain

Swiss Cheezhead

Cedric Houston had a nice career at Tennessee. He came in as a highly touted freshman in the same class Jabari Davis who was even more highly touted. Interesting note: Cadillac Williams also commited to UT coming out of high school but when he saw Davis and Houston were going to Tennessee, he decided to go to Auburn. UT has been very very deep at rb position and Houston was the best of the bunch. Houston was the starter again last year but had a nicked up ankle and split the carries with Gerald Riggs Jr. He has decent speed, quickness and power. But to be honest, I rarely saw him run away from people for long gains. I kept waiting for him to bust out, but he just teased me with flashes of brillance. He always seemed to have be nicked up, especially last year. He is 6'0" and weighs in at about 220. I think he can make it as a pro but it will probably be a year or two before he gets on the field with Cumar and Blaylock ahead of him. This year was a very deep rb class and I think that is why Houston lasted until the 6th round. Plus, he only ran a 4.58 at his pro day for the NFL scouts. Here is a recent quote from the local paper that makes me think Houston is coming in with a big chip on his shoulder:

"Houston, back home with his family in Clarendon, Ark., said he stopped watching the draft before the first round was complete on Saturday. He saw Auburn's Ronnie Brown and Carnell Williams go in the first five picks and didn't care to watch much longer.

''It was nerve-racking because I thought I should be coming close to those guys,'' said Houston, who rushed for 1,005 yards. ''I thought I proved myself at the Senior Bowl when I showed what I could do in a game atmosphere. I had a great week and a great game, and I was better than most of the guys who went on the first day.''

Houston said he thinks a condition with his thyroid, which he said was discovered at the combine, may have hurt his draft status. He said it affects his heart rate and breathing, but he's now taking medication.

He also had a slow time in the 40-yard dash (4.58) at UT's pro day.

''I'll be motivated a whole lot. If I get to touch the field this year, there's going to be trouble. I'll do whatever I can to get out there, playing special teams or anything.''

''They put a lot into that 40 time even though it doesn't mean much out there on the field,'' Houston said. ''I know I'm faster than that anyway. "

This guy could be a steal for you Swiss. Good value I think...

Edited by spain

The fact that Houston thought he should have been drafted along with Brown and Caddy shows he's an idiot.  He's not a threat to take the ball the distance, although he is a nice inside runner.  He's not in the same ballpark as Brown or Caddy.  :D

838948[/snapback]

I agree. But Caddy and Brown are both selected in the 1st 4 picks of rookie drafts while Houston can be had much much later. I think Houston does have some value, especially where Swiss Cheesehead selected him..

The fact that Houston thought he should have been drafted along with Brown and Caddy shows he's an idiot.  He's not a threat to take the ball the distance, although he is a nice inside runner.  He's not in the same ballpark as Brown or Caddy.  :D

838948[/snapback]

An idiot? No, a competitor. I wouldn't want to draft a kid that didn't think he was the best. He is a lot lot Curtis.... maybe won't have a pretty YPC, but will move the chains.