[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Travis Henry

spain

I dont care for Henry as a person because he went about his situation the wrong way. However, that doesnt mean he cannot play some football.

Plain and simple, he is a beast.

850694[/snapback]

garbage, the Bills slapped Henry in the face. He has given them his all, even played on a broken leg. How was he supposed to handle this situation. Sure - McGahee turned out to be a good pick, great pick - but it was not a needed pick. Is he not allowed to feel jaded or angry?

Edited by Duchess Jack

garbage, the Bills slapped Henry in the face.  He has given them his all, even played on a broken leg.  How was he supposed to handle this situation.  Sure - McGahee turned out to be a good pick, great pick - but it was not a needed pick.  Is he not allowed to feel jaded or angry?

850705[/snapback]

As a professional, he should have made it less public. He should have went to management and asked to be traded or waited until years end. Instead, he said it during the season, and he basically said flat out that he hates the Bills.

I agree that he has every right to be upset, but cmon now...Athletes in general make WAY TOO MUCH MONEY to whine like the little bitches they are sometimes.

How do you know that he did not.

As I recall he was a bit upset at first but checked himself. He tried to look at it with an open mind. Then got upset again and checked himself again - and come the end of last season ended up where he is now.

To suggest that he is your typical NFL malcontent is silly. Folk don't get to where they are not having pride in their abilities and what they do. I would not want a guy on my team that did not get upset about getting benched.

And it is not like he was benched due to performance issues - he was hurt.

Actually I recall both he AND McGahee saying if they do not get the starting job that they want to be traded. Between the two - Henry has more right to have this attitude.

McGahee owes the Bills for the chance they took on him. The Bills owe Henry for the grit he has shown and what he has done for the team.

Edited by Duchess Jack

I agree with Jack, McGahee had no business whatsover demanding the starting job. The Bills used a first round pick on an injured player, and that's the attitude he puts forth?

850928[/snapback]

I never said I agreed with McGahee. And I never said McGahee deserved the job over Henry. In fact, had we had this conversation last year, Id be hating McGahee for wanting the starting job over Henry. It is what it is though.

Bottom line, and all Im saying (not disagreeing with anyone here) is that Henry is a beast, and wherever he goes he will be a very good player.

And from now on Ill know not to argue with you. I know that Dolphins fans are never wrong. hahaha....(note the sarcasm!!) :D

I think you can lump Edge and Alexander in here, long with Henry, as far as why teams don't want to spend draft picks for what seems like a great deal. Established RB's want big contracts, big signing bonuses. Teams just don't want, or just can't tie up that sort of salary cap money for these guys, all in the last year of thier contracts. All 3 of these guys will want more than what Oakland gave Jordan. How many teams can afford that?

From the local paper this morning:

If a Titan, Henry can be an asset

Commentary by JOE BIDDLE

Staff Writer

Titans General Manager Floyd Reese is laying low these days.

He knows the Buffalo Bills want to dump disgruntled running back Travis Henry because Willis McGahee is assured of starting ahead of the former Tennessee star.

The Bills have cast the bait, GM Tom Donahoe demanding a third-round draft pick for Henry.

It must be said that Reese values draft picks right up there with his wife and running shoes. Prying a third-round draft pick out of Reese could prove excruciatingly difficult.

There are others showing interest in Henry, a durable back who posted a 1,438-yard season in 2002, followed by a 1,356-yard year with the Bills before McGahee shuffled into Buffalo. He missed only one game in those two seasons, once playing on a broken leg.

Two of the interested parties reside in the Titans division — Jacksonville and Houston. The Jaguars admitted they have interest in Henry. Veteran Fred Taylor has suffered his share of injuries and is on the downside of a brilliant-when-healthy career.

Why are the Titans interested in Henry?

Primarily because of the past injury record of third-year back Chris Brown. Brown has missed significant time over his first two seasons and suffered a broken hand in non-contact drills during the team's first offseason session. Brown becomes a restricted free agent after this season, while Henry will be an unrestricted free agent.

Reese insists the only way he would deal for Henry is if they can agree on a long-term contract.

With NFL teams breaking camp and front office types and coaches taking vacations, don't look for much movement until training camps open.

That's when Reese and others interested in Henry will pull up a seat at Donahoe's poker table. Look for a lot of bluffing behind those mirrored sunglasses.

On one hand, Donahoe doesn't want to give Henry away.

On the other hand, he doesn't want him sitting on the bench and stewing.

It also presents an interesting dilemma for Reese.

If, and it's a big if, Brown can stay healthy through a 16-game season, he is more than capable of putting up 1,400-plus yards. Brown would then earn the staff's confidence and a long-term contract, especially if he fits in offensive coordinator Norm Chow's new offense.

However, if Brown is out for any length of time, where do the Titans turn? They have some nice guys on the roster — an assortment of rookies, undrafted free agents and NFL Europe allocations Jarrett Payton and Joe Smith.

Nice, but none of them is Travis Henry.

Reese, Titans Coach Jeff Fisher and Chow know this. They have to answer the hypothetical question of just how valuable Henry could be if a deal could be worked. Could he take a team coming off a 5-11 injury riddled season to the playoffs?

In what is considered by most a rebuilding year after significant salary cap losses, can the Titans afford Henry?

If the Titans truly believe they can be competitive for a playoff spot, they can't afford not to have Travis Henry.

Just like Peerless Price.  :D

850273[/snapback]

Price is the worst fantasy receiver I have ever had the displeasure of drafting. I kept waiting for his break out game...but mostly I got breakdowns (ie his passing routes, his zero catch games...) instead.

and keep in mind that I am saying this as one of the more - if not most - diehard Miami fan on the board (only way I could be bigger is if I lived in Miami).  I bleed Orange and Teal.

850911[/snapback]

What's your take on the Dreaded One returning to the Dolphins?

Smoke 'em if you got 'em. And pass the herb tea.

I think Travis Henry is better than his market value indicates right now. It's all about timing. He will end up somewhere else, just not sure that it will be the ideal situation for him, but he will have the opportunity to start.

What's your take on the Dreaded One returning to the Dolphins?

Smoke 'em if you got 'em. And pass the herb tea.

851479[/snapback]

Rookies hit the rookie wall. Brown split carries, so this will even be more the case. So Ricky has value. The guy has mental problems - people with social anxiety issues do some wierd things and they make some weird decisions to get out of uncomfortable situations and then when forced to defend themselves...they make more wierd decisions because they cannot really defend their actions - and end up mentally/physically running again, if only to get out of another uncomfortable situation. Nobody on the team thinks that Ricky is a peener - they all said that he is a good guy - he just has issues.. Hopefully he gets back on is meds.

that being said, we paid a 3rd for Gordon (and Brock '6mos on the team' Forsey) and I would hope that Gordon and Brown could carry the load. I would like to see that 3rd put to use. But really - who can argue a backfield of Ricky, Brown and Gordon.

Edited by Duchess Jack

How do you know that he did not. 

As I recall he was a bit upset at first but checked himself.  He tried to look at it with an open mind.  Then got upset again and checked himself again - and come the end of last season ended up where he is now. 

To suggest that he is your typical NFL malcontent is silly.  Folk don't get to where they are not having pride in their abilities and what they do.  I would not want a guy on my team that did not get upset about getting benched.

And it is not like he was benched due to performance issues - he was hurt.

Actually I recall both he AND McGahee saying if they do not get the starting job that they want to be traded.  Between the two - Henry has more right to have this attitude.

McGahee owes the Bills for the chance they took on him.  The Bills owe Henry for the grit he has shown and what he has done for the team.

850905[/snapback]

I have to agree with you DJ. Never saw Henry as a trouble maker. He's been an above average back for them and he's got a right to be mad.

Personally, I don't dislike Ricky. He can be a punishing runner when he is focused on football. I question his desire to play--if it is just for the money, I don't think the Fins should bother to keep him. I think Brown will be a solid rookie back--he didn't take a pounding in the college ranks (sharing duties with the Caddy kept him healthy) and I think the O Line will be sufficient for a running attack. Gordon will give you whatever he has.

I would get what I could for Ricky and start addressing other needs.

Edited by Ruffian

Personally, I don't dislike Ricky. He can be a punishing runner when he is focused 

I would get what I could for Ricky and start addressing other needs.

852477[/snapback]

Ricky has no trade value. In a world where Henry can be had for a third or less - and the Edge and Alexander for a second or less - nobody is going to pay anything for a back of Ricky's reputation. He is well more valuable on the field.

Edited by Duchess Jack

Maybe. But then again, he may give you no value on the field either. He's been out of the game for a year. That could mean he comes back healthy--but it is also possible that he will come back lighter, weaker...it's not unreasonable to think that he may come back slower. You may be right in your assessment that he is a trade risk...no question. But if I were the Titans, for example...a back like Ricky might fit. Just a thought.