[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

**unofficial** Mock 5 thread

Scourge

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like DMD's analysis of my draft and the risk/upside of taking Manning/Gates and how it keeps you chasing the rest of the draft. Here is what David said:

Plan: QB, RB, RB, TE, WR

I've come to the conclusion that there are really 4 key players this year. R Moss, Manning, Gonzo and Gates. You spend so much on them that it effects the other slots a lot. When you end up with two of them, it really hurts the other starting positions.

Took Manning at the 1.10 and must have been amazed. Reasonably went with Kevin Jones then Chris Brown at RB and then snagged Gates with the 4.03. Great start with that, but that left only Evans as WR1, Fred Taylor as RB3 and a domino effect on down the line.

Overall, ended up with weak WRs and potentially no RB depth. But Manning and Gates are huge edges. If Brown ever stays healthy and three WRs step up to be at least average, this could be a great team. If Brown gets hurt and/or Gates slumps, this team could struggle. It is fascinating to see what taking two of those four mentioned above does to a roster.

Starters: Manning, K Jones, C Brown, Evans, Porter, Stokley, Gates, Reed and MIN.

Plan Grade: B (with fingers crossed)