[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

**unofficial** Mock 5 thread

Scourge

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm guessing we're going to have to change how the signups go for these mocks. There's obviously a gang of assclowns that go in and sign up for the mock using other Huddlers' names for sh!ts n' giggles and then hang around to watch the confusion.

DMD - may I suggest having Huddlers PM you for the specific password to each draft slot? I know that means more work for you, but it would eliminate crap like this. Or perhaps elect a draft moderator (whoever is the first to show interest in the mock, for example) who will bequeath the slots' passwords and will dole out to Huddlers that specifically ask to be in the mock.

I'm guessing we're going to have to change how the signups go for these mocks.  There's obviously a gang of assclowns that go in and sign up for the mock using other Huddlers' names for sh!ts n' giggles and then hang around to watch the confusion. 

DMD - may I suggest having Huddlers PM you for the specific password to each draft slot?  I know that means more work for you, but it would eliminate crap like this.  Or perhaps elect a draft moderator (whoever is the first to show interest in the mock, for example) who will bequeath the slots' passwords and will dole out to Huddlers that specifically ask to be in the mock.

875779[/snapback]

I'm guessing that is what happened, 'cause I did not sign up for this mock. I'm never home when you guys do these things.

Well now I don't feel so bad about taking Marvin Harrison.

DMD, you sneaky son of a... you snagged Boldin right before I could.  :D

875889[/snapback]

:D Hey, Boldin's available in the IBL Mock, where it's been your pick for over 5 hours. :D

DonVito is your mystery man who signed people up. He had a thread about "what sport will the whiteman accel?" (sic) that got deleted in the Tailgate. Spain and I made fun of him.

Edited by CaptainHook

DonVito is your mystery man who signed people up.  He had a thread about "what sport will the whiteman accel?" (sic) that got deleted in the Tailgate.  Spain and I made fun of him.

875916[/snapback]

Yup. Good call. I think DMD and the admin on MFL (Mike?) were working on tracking IPs during last week's hack. Not sure what the end result of that was... but if it was successful, I am quite certain the same could be done to Water...er...DonVito.

I think these guys have a point David in terms of signing folks up. I did not sign up and I felt pretty strongly that Capt Hook didnt either. In the future I think those who want to participate in a draft needs to pm you. Otherwise these jack asses like Don Vito and Chessmaster ruin what should be a productive exercise. I also think that they should have to use their huddle username in the draft as well. That way we can at least tell who it is we need to track down...

Edited by spain

Wow, Driver, Jimmy Smith, and Larry Fitz all taken just ahead of me when I was desperate for a wr. My choice was between Issace Bruce and Lee Evans at 5.10. I saw alot of Evans in college and knew he would be solid, and he didnt disappoint in his rookie year. Losman at qb scares me some definitely. Evans and Bruce will probably have similar numbers but Evans has ALOT more upside, imo.

Porter was the best wr on the board at 6.3 and I think a real value at this point in the draft. I dont like Chambers or Rod Smith this year, so Porter was the way to go. I am not excited about starting a wr corp of Evans and Porter. But with the extra points I get from Gates and Manning, the trade off just might be worth it.