[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

**unofficial** Mock 5 thread

Scourge

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta give you a little crap, besides I am a scrub in this draft.

876629[/snapback]

No problem, I welcome the the verbal abuse since I did say something and then held stuff up for half an hour..

Edited by Scourge

Not a bad draft!

I like the potential of Seminoles and Big Country's teams right now.

Just imagine, it's taking longer than a day, there's people taking at least 30 minutes with their picks....pretty soon there will be toads falling from the sky, locusts will swarm the earth, and MIT will still be a scab! :D

Not a bad draft!

I like the potential of Seminoles and Big Country's teams right now.

Just imagine, it's taking longer than a day, there's people taking at least 30 minutes with their picks....pretty soon there will be toads falling from the sky, locusts will swarm the earth, and MIT will still be a scab! :D

876680[/snapback]

Not sure which team I'd take ...

Quimbly - LT, Walker and Witten are a nice 3 to have ... not sure I care much for the rest of his team. Reached for Collins IMO.

budlightbrad - solid 3 in Culpepper, Alexander and Harrison ... but like team 1, don't care much for the rest.

CaptainHook - I would have taken Edgerrin before Holmes ... but you gotta like McNabb + Holmes + Martin + Boldin + Driver + Crumpler ... not a bad team. And he has Larry Johnson behind Holmes.

3WZ - Solid back field in James and Green with Arrington to boot. Like Holt, but not sold on Mason nor Heap. Bulger was a reach in the 5th IMO.

Seminoles - I like his backfield of McGahee and Jackson ... although I am concerned about McGahee in his sophmore year with a rookie QB and Jackson still has Faulk in the wings. I like AJohnson but am low on Ward and Bennett. Reached for Baltimore. I probably wait on Green as well.

Mystery Huddlers - I like DDavis alot in a league that rewards players for receptions ... but Benson and Bennett don't really thrill me, although Bennett gets a boose because of reception points (but can he stay healthy). I like the WRs and McMichael should be fine. I like this team overall.

Scourge - I really like Westbrook in the 2.06 hole. I'm not convinced about Burleson and Barlow doesn't really thrill me ... but I like the rest of this team, especially if Burleson delivers meaning Rod Smith is WR3.

Big Country - some good players on this team ... Moss, RJohnson, RWilliams and DClark are all difference makers ... but I'm nervous about Bell and not convinced about Fitz.

Skinny - Nice start with McAllister and Owens (assuming no hold out). Too early for Gonzalez but he will be solid. For the first part of the season I don't believe Cadillac Williams will be a factor so this is a weakness. Jimmy Smith is a solid WR2 or WR3 ... don't really care for Chambers.

Spain - if I could ignore the WRs on this team I'd really like it ... but IMO the WRs are going to be the downfall of this team, ESPECIALLY if Chris Brown gets hurt and that is a BIG concern. Manning, KJones and Gates will post good numbers and this team will win some games ... but it looks middle of the road to me.

Mutants - overall I think this is a solid team although taking 2 players returning from serious injury would be somewhat of a concern (S.Smith, Foster), granted Foster is depth. Too early for Favre IMO.

Kennyg - nice RBs, a bit weak on WRs IMO although DJax should be solid.

how is bennett a bad 3rd WR (ranked 22nd). and yes, i got giddy on baltimore

876765[/snapback]

Bennett obviously burst onto the scene last year in a big way. But I wonder how his numbers will be impacted with the absence of Mason?

I think DMD sums it nicely:

His claim to fantasy fame came in a three week burst that totaled 517 yards including a 233 yard effort against KC. He had ten touchdowns in three games. In the other 13 games of the year, he only scored three times and averaged only 56 yards per game. That is far more similar to his norm.

and

He does assume the #1 role with Mason gone but that should mean lesser numbers from more attention, not more production. There is a new offense to learn and McNair is back as the starter. Last year, Bennett played seven times with McNair and only scored once with an average of 54 yards per game.

I'll happily let somebody else take that flier.

your pick

876956[/snapback]

I wonder which player DMD is gonna snag from me this round.

876902[/snapback]

your pick on the IBL mock, too...

that mock is driving me crazy... we're supposed to be the "some of the best" and we can't do a mock in 3 days? :D

Edited by darin3