[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

HELP With picks?

Wow - there seems to be a lot of 6 pt passing TD leagues out there. In my opinion if you have a 6 pt TD pass league you should do whatever it takes to get Manning.

Do you get points for receptions? Our league did that and also dropped passing TD's from 6 points to 4 the first year I was in. This made the scoring more equal by position.

If the top RB scores 20 total TD's and Manning has 40 TD passes he has double the points. If Manning has 4000 yds passing your RB has to get 2000 rush/rec combined tobe equal. That still gives Manning 120 more pts.

I think Manning and LT2 is the way to go. At 13 you can get a top WR or 2nd RB. At 25 and 26 TE or WR.

Just my 2 cents.

I don't think taking Manning #1, even with 6 pts/td is the best move. Granted he'll score more points than LT or SA. But you have to look at the difference of getting the #1 QB and perhaps the #15 RB, vs #1 rb and #3-5 QB that would be around in rounds 2-3, or later.

I think you'd be much better off with taking LT #1.

I also don't think you can assume Manning will put up the same stats as last year. I know he'll put up big #s and be the top QB, but was a record for a reason, its hard to do.

I'd go with LT and Manning at 1 and 2. With the 13th pick I choose the best RB on the board (most likely Rudi, JJ, Dillon or Barber should be there) then with the 25th and 26th picks there should still be some solid WRs on the board (AJ, Wayne, Horn and even the off chance of Walker lasting). You'd be starting with a hell of a team even without 4th or 8th round picks.

good luck

1 - LT

2 - Manning

13 - KJ, Rudi, or Corey

25 - Chad Johnson (or best WR)

26 - Joe Horn (or best WR)

Guess who will be there for your 1st pick in the 5th round? Gonzo or Gates! Then shoot for Baltimore defense in the 6th, followed by best WR available in the 7th. And the rest is just icing on the cake.

I don't think taking Manning #1, even with 6 pts/td is the best move.  Granted he'll score more points than LT or SA.  But you have to look at the difference of getting the #1 QB and perhaps the #15 RB, vs #1 rb and #3-5 QB that would be around in rounds 2-3, or later.

I think you'd be much better off with taking LT #1.

891808[/snapback]

Did you actually read the entire scenario? He can have LT(#1) and Manning(#2) and he's looking at potentially another top 10-11 RB at pick 13.

I don't like taking Manning in the first generally but that's because it's usually your only pick but with your scenario I thinks it's a no brainer.

IF he takes LT2 at #1, then I think taking Manning at #2 makes sense. Especially if he is keeping the #13 pick. You can get Rudi Johnson, Kevin Jones or Juliuis Jones at #13. With #25 and #26 you can probably choose from Javon Walker, Andre Johnson, Joe Horn, or shock everyone and take a TE.

I like getting the #1 RB, #1 QB, another top 10 RB, a top 5 WR, and 1 your top TE before the end of the 3rd round.

Edited by nmack29

IF he takes LT2 at #1, then I think taking Manning at #2 makes sense.  Especially if he is keeping the #13 pick.  You can get Rudi Johnson, Kevin Jones or Juliuis Jones at #13.  With #25 and #26 you can probably choose from Javon Walker, Andre Johnson, Joe Horn, or shock everyone and take a TE.

I like getting the #1 RB, #1 QB, another top 10 RB, a top 5 WR, and 1 your top TE before the end of the 3rd round.

892080[/snapback]

I disagree.

Take LT/Shawn Alexander.

At 13, take the best WR available (probably #2 or #3)

At 25, take McNabb.

At 26, take another WR...probably top 5

This scenario, you end up with the #1 and #2 RB, the #3 QB, the #2 and probably #4 recievers....

To me, better than the #1 QB, #1 RB and #10 RB. Manning is closer to McNabb than Alexander is to whoever you think is #10.

I disagree.

Take LT/Shawn Alexander.

At 13, take the best WR available (probably #2 or #3)

At 25, take McNabb.

At 26, take another WR...probably top 5

This scenario, you end up with the #1 and #2 RB, the #3 QB, the #2 and probably #4 recievers....

To me, better than the #1 QB, #1 RB and #10 RB.  Manning is closer to McNabb than Alexander is to whoever you think is #10.

892100[/snapback]

I agree with this strategy. The drop offs in RB warrant the #1 and #2 guys in RB would make a dominating team. I am envious! :D

After all deliberations , i have decided to go #1 LT #2 S.Alexaunder and #13 torry holt 25 top WR 26 either wr/te . Can't wait for the season to start

i may even have a chance to get manning at 13 and the reason i say this is because my buddy also has two #1 picks at #3 and #7 and he may go RB/RB Which can lead to a run on running backs going quick. we shall see