[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Absolutely no hope for Koren

AtomicCEO

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

And all of the alcoholics that have it under control will agree with you about enabling.  But...they also will empathize with people that have not wrangled the demon.  'Waste of life' is a little extreme for a 25 year old that isn't coping well.

890810[/snapback]

Maybe. But this guy has had chance after chance after chance. He's been to rehab... he's been supported by teammates, coaches, and friends... he's faced a year in jail, and nothing has set him straight.

He requires rock bottom to improve, and I hope he gets it.

I have to disagree. You can go through 100 rehabs but, unless you make the "choice" to quit it doesn't work. Going to rehab is the easy part. Ya, Ya, I know all about the withdrawl but, the really hard part for most is making the "choice" to quit. If your "will" is there anything can be done. If you're too stupid to realize you must quit, then it's a lost cause.

Do I have sympathy? Not for someone that's too stupid to realize it's ruining his life. And yes, I have experience with this crap. Major league baseball player that was rookie of the year for Balt. in the 70's when they won the WS. He was then traded to the Yankees, and started drinking like a fish. Had a great career to look forward to. He did go on to play for the A's during their WS run and then the Padres and Atlanta. I gave up on him when his wife called and begged me to help her while he was on one of his rampages. I was just a kid in HS at the time and scared sh*t when I walked into the house to try to calm down this 6'4" monster. He did more harm to people around him than you will ever know. I won't go into the others. Forkem all!!!

This is 100% correct. I had a choice, keep getting in trouble or decide to quit drinking. There is no excuse for Koren anymore than there was for me. Whats next? oh, he's just 26. Thats utter bullshucks. In drinking he makes more than one choice, made several. One to buy it/obtain it, two to ignore any thoughts knowing it's full wrong, three to open it, four to drink it. He chose to disregard what he knew was right. I will never excuse anyone for something they do have the ability to control over. Maybe the first offense is your wake up call. Do I or do I not have a problem? To keep doing it is assinine and Koren is an idiot as stated.

To make is worse, he has far more at his disposal for help. THe NFL,the Seahawks, players union. I had one choice, find my own, pay for it all. With far less money than this moran makes. Hugh difference. For anyone to post in here and give Koren excuses, esp not being his first time, I sincerely doubt you have ever dealt with or seen it first hand. NOT the other way around. I just can't fathom an alcoholic making excuses for an alcoholic, just doesn't happen.

I'd like to see anyone just keep on coddling and enabling their significant others, after all, their only 25, or 35, or whatever. And thats exactly what it is.

This is 100% correct.  I had a choice, keep getting in trouble or decide to quit drinking. There is no excuse for Koren anymore than there was for me. Whats next?  oh, he's just 26.  Thats utter bullshucks.  In drinking he makes more than one choice, made several. One to buy it/obtain it, two to ignore any thoughts knowing it's full wrong, three to open it, four to drink it. He chose to disregard what he knew was right.  I will never excuse anyone for something they do have the ability to control over. Maybe the first offense is your wake up call.  Do I or do I not have a problem?  To keep doing it is assinine and Koren is an idiot as stated.

To make is worse, he has far more at his disposal for help. THe NFL,the Seahawks, players union.  I had one choice, find my own, pay for it all.  With far less money than this moran makes. Hugh difference.  For anyone to post in here and give Koren excuses, esp not being his first time, I sincerely doubt you have ever dealt with or seen it first hand.  NOT the other way around.  I just can't fathom an alcoholic making excuses for an alcoholic, just doesn't happen.

I'd like to see anyone just keep on coddling and enabling their significant others, after all, their only 25, or 35, or whatever.  And thats exactly what it is.

891033[/snapback]

:D

This is 100% correct.  I had a choice, keep getting in trouble or decide to quit drinking. There is no excuse for Koren anymore than there was for me. Whats next?  oh, he's just 26.  Thats utter bullshucks.  In drinking he makes more than one choice, made several. One to buy it/obtain it, two to ignore any thoughts knowing it's full wrong, three to open it, four to drink it. He chose to disregard what he knew was right.  I will never excuse anyone for something they do have the ability to control over. Maybe the first offense is your wake up call.  Do I or do I not have a problem?  To keep doing it is assinine and Koren is an idiot as stated.

To make is worse, he has far more at his disposal for help. THe NFL,the Seahawks, players union.  I had one choice, find my own, pay for it all.  With far less money than this moran makes. Hugh difference.  For anyone to post in here and give Koren excuses, esp not being his first time, I sincerely doubt you have ever dealt with or seen it first hand.  NOT the other way around.  I just can't fathom an alcoholic making excuses for an alcoholic, just doesn't happen.

I'd like to see anyone just keep on coddling and enabling their significant others, after all, their only 25, or 35, or whatever.  And thats exactly what it is.

891033[/snapback]

So there is no room in the world for empathy? He's just a waste of oxygen now?

Sure he's being stupid about his problem. If it wasn't a problem, we wouldn't be talking about it.

Cutting the guy some slack isn't the answer. Taking a hard line is a much better answer. Calling him a waste of life is out of line.

Maybe.  But this guy has had chance after chance after chance.  He's been to rehab... he's been supported by teammates, coaches, and friends... he's faced a year in jail, and nothing has set him straight.

He requires rock bottom to improve, and I hope he gets it.

891027[/snapback]

He's not the first person, and he won't be the last. Every time I hear the story, I hope the person has found their rock bottom and will climb out of it. I hope the same for K-Rob.

Wow there... There are millions of good people that struggle with alcohol abuse.  He's 25 years old, so he's still a kid.  Get off your high horse, donkey...

890431[/snapback]

Maybe you should do a little research on alcoholism... its a little bit more than just a choice to quit... You sir, are an idiot.

890437[/snapback]

These two :D

So there is no room in the world for empathy?  He's just a waste of oxygen now?

Sure he's being stupid about his problem.  If it wasn't a problem, we wouldn't be talking about it.

Cutting the guy some slack isn't the answer.  Taking a hard line is a much better answer.  Calling him a waste of life is out of line.

891053[/snapback]

well said. :D

So there is no room in the world for empathy?  He's just a waste of oxygen now?

Sure he's being stupid about his problem.  If it wasn't a problem, we wouldn't be talking about it.

Cutting the guy some slack isn't the answer.  Taking a hard line is a much better answer.  Calling him a waste of life is out of line.

891053[/snapback]

Until or if he gets things under control, he's a waste of life. Believe me, I've had some really close people to me in his situation, and yes as close to me as they were, they either were or are a waste of life. They create nothing but misery and pain for the people in their lives. Until my sister-in-law got rid of her waste, I had to raise her kids. Take a look at some kids that have to go through this crap and have some sympathy for these people. As I said before, forkem!!!

LOL at Atomic getting the business from a bunch of noobs :D

891054[/snapback]

Thats cute... I remember when this site before it was a pay site, but I digress... By simply making a choice to try and quit doesnt mean anything. Addictions are not something you can "choose" to do. I've had friends that have tried and chose, and tried to stop again, but they couldnt. Its not because they are a waste of oxygen, its because they have addictive, impulsive, and compulsive personalities and habits. None of us can honestly say where Koren Robinson's head is at, and I don't care about that... Its the asinine comments that Atomic CEO has made about someone who has been to rehab and has'nt broken the pattern.

Until or if he gets things under control, he's a waste of life. Believe me, I've had some really close people to me in his situation, and yes as close to me as they were, they either were or are a waste of life. They create nothing but misery and pain for the people in their lives. Until my sister-in-law got rid of her waste, I had to raise her kids. Take a look at some kids that have to go through this crap and have some sympathy for these people. As I said before, forkem!!!

891109[/snapback]

So lets say that your sister and law raised her kids the entire time she was messing up, and it effected her kids so much that they followed down that same path... Is that there fault?

BOttom line is that taking the hardline with addicts and alcoholics doesnt work. Calling them names or saying there a waste of life WILL NOT WORK, neither will reassurance that everything will be ok, and that eventually they'll break it...

Thats cute... I remember when this site before it was a pay site, but I digress... By simply making a choice to try and quit doesnt mean anything.  Addictions are not something you can "choose" to do.  I've had friends that have tried and chose, and tried to stop again, but they couldnt.  Its not because they are a waste of oxygen, its because they have addictive, impulsive, and compulsive personalities and habits.  None of us can honestly say where Koren Robinson's head is at, and I don't care about that... Its the asinine comments that Atomic CEO has made about someone who has been to rehab and has'nt broken the pattern.

891119[/snapback]

That's just the point. Rehab means nothing unless the person decides he/she really wants to quit. I've seen people with resolve help themselves, and others just going to rehab, halfheartedly wanting to quit and going through rehab to only end up right back in the same situation. So yes, making the "choice" is the most important step. The person actually saying they have a problem. And by that I don't mean telling you as a friend they know they need help, that means nothing. "They" have to believe they need to stop.

Believe me, I've had some really close people to me in his situation, and yes as close to me as they were, they either were or are a waste of life. They create nothing but misery and pain for the people in their lives.

891109[/snapback]

This is truth, spoken from someone who knows.

Addictions are not something you can "choose" to do.  I've had friends that have tried and chose, and tried to stop again, but they couldnt.  Its not because they are a waste of oxygen, its because they have addictive, impulsive, and compulsive personalities and habits.

891119[/snapback]

And this is a sheltered hippie who has no idea except what he saw on Oprah.

Being an addict means that you know you have a serious problem. Now, you either address the problem... or you don't. Smart people realize the seriousness of it and address the problem. Idiots who show up drunk for jail when they just got a suspended sentence under the condition that they stay sober are wasting their lives.

and if all you've got is to qoute me, then following that up with "noob" you're thinking way too much of yourself... Its a message board where you discuss... Your not getting any respect, and a high post count doesnt make you royalty... How old are we?

891132[/snapback]

First, I didn't call you a noob. Second, it wasn't my sister-in-law with the problem, it was her husband. And third, you know nothing about it, her husband was and is a waste of life and if you want to kiss his A** because you believe he has a problem and it's not his fault that's your choice, I'd rather have him put in a room for about 5 min. and beat him sensless for what he did to those kids and my sister-in-law. Preach to someone else. The problem with things today is people don't take responsibility for their problems, there's too many people telling them they don't have to. Koren has no excuse, I'll give him all the sympathy he deserves when he straightens his life out. Then if teams don't want him simply because he "had" a problem, I'll be the first to speak out; until then or until he seeks and gets the help he needs, screw'em.

This is truth, spoken from someone who knows.

And this is a sheltered hippie who has no idea except what he saw on Oprah.

Being an addict means that you know you have a serious problem.  Now, you either address the problem... or you don't.  Smart people realize the seriousness of it and address the problem.  Idiots who show up drunk for jail when they just got a suspended sentence under the condition that they stay sober are wasting their lives.

891138[/snapback]

Allright guy... I've been to N.A. meetings, i've seen lives destroyed because people struggled and couldnt control it. I dont care that you call me a hippy or whatever, thats cool. I used to think the same way you did, and then I was thrown right into the middle of a situation. I've been peoples support at NA meetings, so don't talk to me about what I do or don't know, because I've been right in the middle of it.

...it wasn't my sister-in-law with the problem, it was her husband. And third, you know nothing about it, her husband was and is a waste of life and if you want to kiss his A** because you believe he has a problem and it's not his fault that's your choice, I'd rather have him put in a room for about 5 min. and beat him sensless for what he did to those kids and my sister-in-law. Preach to someone else. The problem with things today is people don't take responsibility for their problems, there's too many people telling them they don't have to. Koren has no excuse, I'll give him all the sympathy he deserves when he straightens his life out. Then if teams don't want him simply because he "had" a problem, I'll be the first to speak out; until then or until he seeks and gets the help he needs, screw'em.

891158[/snapback]

Unfortunately, we seem to live in victim-based society. Nothing is "my fault", someone did it "to me". Yeah, I'm making a generalization but I think it makes the point.

JG is right on and his comments obviously come from someone who's dealt with it first hand. I agree completely (cept that beating the guy senseless won't accomplish anything except you feel better for a little bit). I have a few friends that have made a choice and it always took finding rock bottom before anything changed. And until they were ready to change, they weren't allowed to be a part of my life anymore. They only hurt the people in their lives. Now that they are clean and sober, they can't believe how often people act as enablers.

i've seen lives destroyed because people struggled and couldnt control it.

891160[/snapback]

Almost like they were... "wasting their lives"? :D

I dont care that you call me a hippy or whatever, thats cool.  I used to think the same way you did, and then I was thrown right into the middle of a situation.  I've been peoples support at NA meetings, so don't talk to me about what I do or don't know, because I've been right in the middle of it.

891160[/snapback]

I don't know why you think you can get on a high horse now, newbie. You're the one who called me an idiot in the first post I had ever seen from you.

Quit your whining. I don't care if you've been to NA. It sounds like bull anyway. Guess what, on this message board, I'm a beautiful teenage girl. I said it so it must be true. Wanna cyber?

Guest THEbigred
This is no longer a sickness. 
It never was.

The whole "alcoholism is a sickness/disease" is a joke. It's a CHOICE.

lol @ Karen

Almost like they were... "wasting their lives"?  :D

I don't know why you think you can get on a high horse now, newbie.  You're the one who called me an idiot in the first post I had ever seen from you.

Quit your whining.  I don't care if you've been to NA.  It sounds like bull anyway.  Guess what, on this message board, I'm a beautiful teenage girl.  I said it so it must be true.  Wanna cyber?

891186[/snapback]

Yes, jagoff, im lying about the fact that my ex girlfriend of many years was a recovering addict, and that I went with her to those uncomfortable NA meetings... Yeah, you've got me, its all a joke. I guess since you've got 234234234 posts, you must be right... darn me for having a job and social life... darn me...

all right guy, this is absolutley stupid... You don't know a thing about me, and you're questioning my words, where as, I just think you're an absolute moron, and nothing is going to change this, so go ahead and post another wacky fun message and lets just end this little war thing... Either way we both lose for arguing on a freakin message board.