[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Absolutely no hope for Koren

AtomicCEO

Robinson back in trouble

MIKE SANDO; The News Tribune

Published: July 22nd, 2005 12:01 AM

Three days after pleading guilty to a DUI charge, former Seattle Seahawks receiver Koren Robinson was in jail Thursday (that's yesterday) for allegedly violating a court order to abstain from alcohol.

Kirkland Police accused Robinson of being intoxicated when he showed up Wednesday morning to serve a one-day jail term on the DUI conviction.

Police confirmed Thursday night that they were holding Robinson in jail on a $25,000 cash bond, and that Robinson has an Aug. 4 court date in Kirkland Municipal Court.

Robinson denied the allegation Thursday in Kirkland Municipal Court, his attorney said.

The attorney, Jon Scott Fox, explained that the Aug. 4 hearing is to determine whether there is sufficient evidence to support the allegation.

Two officers said they smelled alcohol on Robinson’s breath when he reported to jail.

If guilty, Robinson would likely face additional punishment. The DUI conviction carried a 365-day jail term, with all but one day suspended.

The Seahawks released Robinson last month following a series of off-field incidents.

Robinson, 25, was a first-round draft choice in 2001.

HE SHOWED UP DRUNK FOR HIS DAY IN JAIL!!!!!

Good lord, there was a fleeting hope that this suspended jail sentence would be his wake up call. Nope. He's a complete waste of life with no hope of recovery. Goodbye loser. :D

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Good lord, there was a fleeting hope that this suspended jail sentence would be his wake up call.  Nope.  He's a complete waste of life with no hope of recovery.  Goodbye loser.  :D

890324[/snapback]

Alas, poor Koren, we hardly knew ye.

Perhaps he could have caught more passes if his head had been clear? :doah:

Dear Koren--

Don't drop the soap.

Sincerely,

Andy Dufresne

Good lord, there was a fleeting hope that this suspended jail sentence would be his wake up call.  Nope.  He's a complete waste of life with no hope of recovery.  Goodbye loser.  :D

890324[/snapback]

Or he's an alcoholic :D

I find it odd that the court would issue an order to abstain from drinking. It is pathetic that he showed up for his sentence drunk and didn't obey the order, but I still find it odd.

Hopefully they will toss him into a rehab instead of jail and he will straighten his life out.

Hopefully they will toss him into a rehab instead of jail and he will straighten his life out.

890378[/snapback]

He's been to rehab... twice. He knows he's an alcoholic, he's just too stupid to do anything about it.

This is no longer a sickness. This now falls firmly in the category of "too stupid to live".

Good lord, there was a fleeting hope that this suspended jail sentence would be his wake up call.  Nope.  He's a complete waste of life with no hope of recovery.  Goodbye loser:D

890324[/snapback]

Wow there... There are millions of good people that struggle with alcohol abuse. He's 25 years old, so he's still a kid. Get off your high horse, donkey...

He's been to rehab... twice.  He knows he's an alcoholic, he's just too stupid to do anything about it.

This is no longer a sickness.  This now falls firmly in the category of "too stupid to live".

890386[/snapback]

If he's really an alcoholic, he has a disease and needs help

890378[/snapback]

Joe Public wouldn't get sent to rehab. These players need to follow the same rules we do...

890324[/snapback]

Two officers said they smelled alcohol on Robinson’s breath when he reported to jail.

Did they give him a breath test? If not, they have nothing on him. If they did, he's screwed.

He's been to rehab... twice.  He knows he's an alcoholic, he's just too stupid to do anything about it.

This is no longer a sickness.  This now falls firmly in the category of "too stupid to live".

890386[/snapback]

Yer such a softie.

why wouldn't he just show up for his day in jail and pop a xanex or a valium?  i don't get it.

890519[/snapback]

His vice seems to be alcohol. Although, I'm sure if xanex or valium popped up... He'd probably gobble those down too.

I agree it's not funny, but the addicts that I've known have never refused a mind altering substance if presented with it. Think about it... He's 25 years old and addicted to alcohol. At 25 he still thinks he's invincable, and when you think that way... you'll try almost anything.

Maybe you should do a little research on alcoholism... its a little bit more than just a choice to quit... You sir, are an idiot.

890437[/snapback]

:D Please, educate me on alcoholism... will you?

By the way... coddling alcoholics, and making excuses for their behavior is called "enabling". I learned that when I was at AA meetings.

Nice post, newbie.

Alcoholics know that they can't drink alcohol. Someone who knows that they can't... yet keeps doing it... is an idiot.

Edited by AtomicCEO

:D Please, educate me on alcoholism... will you?

By the way... coddling alcoholics, and making excuses for their behavior is called "enabling".  I learned that when I was at AA meetings.

Nice post, newbie.

Alcoholics know that they can't drink alcohol.  Someone who knows that they can't... yet keeps doing it... is an idiot.

890760[/snapback]

And all of the alcoholics that have it under control will agree with you about enabling. But...they also will empathize with people that have not wrangled the demon. 'Waste of life' is a little extreme for a 25 year old that isn't coping well.

Maybe you should do a little research on alcoholism... its a little bit more than just a choice to quit... You sir, are an idiot.

890437[/snapback]

I have to disagree. You can go through 100 rehabs but, unless you make the "choice" to quit it doesn't work. Going to rehab is the easy part. Ya, Ya, I know all about the withdrawl but, the really hard part for most is making the "choice" to quit. If your "will" is there anything can be done. If you're too stupid to realize you must quit, then it's a lost cause.

Do I have sympathy? Not for someone that's too stupid to realize it's ruining his life. And yes, I have experience with this crap. Major league baseball player that was rookie of the year for Balt. in the 70's when they won the WS. He was then traded to the Yankees, and started drinking like a fish. Had a great career to look forward to. He did go on to play for the A's during their WS run and then the Padres and Atlanta. I gave up on him when his wife called and begged me to help her while he was on one of his rampages. I was just a kid in HS at the time and scared sh*t when I walked into the house to try to calm down this 6'4" monster. He did more harm to people around him than you will ever know. I won't go into the others. Forkem all!!!

Trivia question; Who was the BB player?