[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Alexander signs a one-year

DMD

How come I'm always so late to the fun ones!?!? 

898349[/snapback]

That may be a good thing. If your late than you wont be mistaken for 37 :D

Edited by max

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Soooooo, he's going to have an amazing year, but you are sick of his act?

898368[/snapback]

I've been a pretty big fan of Alexander's over the years, riding him to FFL playoffs in quite a few leagues, but 21 isn't too far off on this. As a fan, while I love Alexander's yardage & touchdowns & occasional HUGH games, He is getting harder & harder to love.

He often seems to fall down at the first sign of contact, instead of hitting a guy head on to gain a few more yards, particularly in do or die situations. Also, Alexander basically refuses to block on 3rd downs, forcing Holmgren to replace him with a fullback to keep Hass from getting crushed, while simultaneously losing the opportunity to fake out the D with Alexander. Additonally, his self serving comments about Holmgren stabbing him in the back with regards to yardage & the rushing title LY really soured me, & many other fans, on him somewhat.

So now I'd have to say I would like to see the Hawks sign SA to a long term deal, but if they don't, I sure won't be "OH MY GOD THEY JUST TRADED KEN GRIFFEY JUNIOR!!!! crushed.

Edited by Bonehand

So now I'd have to say I would like to see the Hawks sign SA to a long term deal, but if they don't, I sure won't be "OH MY GOD THEY JUST TRADED KEN GRIFFEY JUNIOR!!!! crushed.

898397[/snapback]

Here, here.

I've been a pretty big fan of Alexander's over the years, riding him to FFL playoffs in quite a few leagues, but 21 isn't too far off on this. As a fan, while I love Alexander's yardage & touchdowns & occasional HUGH games, He is getting harder & harder to love. 

He often seems to fall down at the first sign of contact, instead of hitting a guy head on to gain a few more yards, particularly in do or die situations. Also, Alexander basically refuses to block on 3rd downs, forcing Holmgren to replace him with a fullback to keep Hass from getting crushed, while simultaneously losing the opportunity to fake out the D with Alexander. Additonally, his self serving comments about Holmgren stabbing him in the back with regards to yardage & the rushing title LY really soured me, & many other fans, on him somewhat.

898397[/snapback]

This is all so true. He was like this in college. He never went for the extra yard and ran out of bounds whenever he could. AND HE NEVER BLOCKS. Talented? Yes. But I def think the Hawks have grown tired of his act. He will do the same thing on another team. He just wants to get that huge contract when he is still in his prime. That said, if the Hawks let him walk, I think Seattle fans should be PO'ed. RB's are hard to fine these days. Morris - who knows what he can do. A gamble in my opinion.

Alexander obviosuly wants out of Seattle. All this time he wanted to have the option of becoming a Free Agent. After seeing that list of other RB's on the market next offseason, it's gonna be real interesting to see what his market value is. I wonder what team will offer him the big bux he is looking for.

Shaun is going to have a more amazing year this year than any of us thought possible.  I just feel really bad to whoever pays him to come play for them next year.  They'll quickly find out why everybody is so sick of his act in Seattle.

898349[/snapback]

Everyone is not sick of his act. He just gets treated like shucks by fans like you. I hate fans like you. Shaun Alexander is awesome! Have a better attitude toward your team.

How can Rudi Johnson be a free agent?? Didn't he just sign a new deal recently?

898296[/snapback]

I think the thread I got that from said the list was as of some time in June ... so there will be a few of those names gone I would imagine. Apparently a deal with McCallister is close too ... we'll see who is left later in the season.

With due respect, I've got a great attitude towards my team.  I just wish Shaun was a team type of guy, then I'd probably have a better attitude towards him as well.

899581[/snapback]

yeah i see where your coming from. It seems that way after he didnt get his rushing title but I'll bet you if he did get it our team would have performed a lot better moving into the playoffs.

I like how Holmgren gave him the ball alot in that game against the 28th worst run stopping defense.

899871[/snapback]

Part of the blame for not getting the rushing title is on Alexander. I am sure that Alexander could have gotten an additional 1 yard in the 356 rushing attempts he had last season as well. For example ... 3rd quarter against the Jets last season. 4th and goal at the 1 yard line. Alexander gets the ball and fumbles and the Jets Shaun Ellis recovers. There is the rushing title right there.

Edited by max

Yeah Alexander Could have done a lot to get that rushing title. But what I meant was the Wild Card playoff game Alexander got less than 15 carries I think it was 12. If you want to beat the Rams you run the Ball at them. Thats exactly why the Falcons spanked them in the Playoffs. I just hope Holmgren has learned this off season.

Yeah Alexander Could have done a lot to get that rushing title. But what I meant was the Wild Card playoff game Alexander got less than 15 carries I think it was 12. If you want to beat the Rams you run the Ball at them. Thats exactly why the Falcons spanked them in the Playoffs. I just hope Holmgren has learned this off season.

900423[/snapback]

Yea, 12 carries for arguably the best RB in the NFC is a joke. Against any team. Alexander is a stud and yea as FF fans, lets hope Holmgren has learned his lesson.

900423[/snapback]

This is your first decent post. Keep it up