[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Da Chicago Bearrrrs

Goopster24

nah...things went downhill when Grossman went down...

Jones averaged 30+ a game in my league while Grossman was playing last year..

902755[/snapback]

Disagree. And 30+ yards ain't all that great. Things went down when the 'O' line went down (injuries), but the timing w/ Grossman's injury are close. Grossman had like 1 TD pass to a back before his injury. No WR's! The first 3 games the 'O' line was solid and then it fell apart like a Hong Kong suit. We gotta have a passing game, or we're 5-11 or worse. Add that Benson is NOT a good pass blocker(yet?), jones isn't bad in that dept.. JMHO.

Er, I think he means 30+ POINTS per game.  :D

902774[/snapback]

You are correct. Fwiw:

67.0 Total pts. 

As per my league.

He was #1 at that point, no arguement. I stand corrected. :D

The only point I would like to make here is whether it was Grossman's injury or the 'O' lines downfall. Both were almost simultaneous, so it is hard to say. I just vote for the 'O' line injuries.

God.....I hate it when a GB fan shows me up!!!! :D

BTW..........F' you Chavezski! :D

Edited by rocknrobn26

You are correct.  Fwiw:

As per my league.

He was #1 at that point, no arguement. I stand corrected.  :D

The only point I would like to make here is whether it was Grossman's injury or the 'O' lines downfall.  Both were almost simultaneous, so it is hard to say. I just vote for the 'O' line injuries.

God.....I hate it when a GB fan shows me up!!!! :D

BTW..........F' you Chavezski! :D

902786[/snapback]

and to think...my league awarded 1 pt per rec...if you see the huddle's article about rb's with 1 pt per rec...his numbers improved almost drastically...

and to think...my league awarded 1 pt per rec...if you see the huddle's article about rb's with 1 pt per rec...his numbers improved almost drastically...

902808[/snapback]

FWIW..........we don't do resp's. That's why the #'s differ.

As a guardedly optimistic Bears fan from afar, I am most interested in seeing how a healthy Grossman gels with Muhammed. If the reports are true - that they're gelling well so far - then great... let's see it on the field in preseason and of course, more importantly, in the first few weeks of the season.

No one doubts Benson's credentials, and I think at some point in the season, he'll be the cream of the crop in terms of the "rookie runners" drafted this season. A more-than-servicable Jones waiting in the wings (and perhaps taking 3rd down passing snaps) will hopefully light a fire under Benson's rump.

Someone dubbed Muhammed an "albatross" fantasy pick... ??? Come on, that's a little harsh. The guy was the #1 fantasy WR last season in a run-first offense with a somewhat of a no-name QB. Why can't he do the same... or at least 75% of that with the Bears? I'd be happy with having him as a 3rd WR or perhaps a #2 WR if my #1 was a pure stud.

The defense is going to be outstanding again. When the secondary was together & healthy, they were solid. The D-line looks solid. We all know the LB corps is solid. But as one Huddler noted, their defensive DEPTH may be a problem, should the injury bug bite (hoping not, of course).

The coaching staff is very good ... by far the best in the division.

I wouldn't be shocked to see the Black n' Blue division again end up very close, with the winner (hopefully the Bears) at 10-6, with a couple of 9-7 teams (Vikes and Lions, probably) with the hapless Pack at 6-10 (their D is horrible).

:D to all the very good commentary here... Go Bears!

The Black and Blue may be the toughest division to call this year.  I think any of the 4 teams can win the division.  I also think any of the 4 teams can finish last in the division.  I really wouldnt be surprised, no matter the order of finish.  The Bears obviously helped themselves with the addition of Benson, who I think is the best of the 4 top rookie rb's, mushin muhammad, Fred "Drive Killer" Miller, et al.  Their tough defense should keep them in most games.  Although they are on the right path, they are at least a year away from playoff contention.  Here is how I see the divsion playing out:

Vikes  11-5

Lions 10-6

Packers 8-8

Bears 7-9

901909[/snapback]

Am I reading this correctly. All Lions fan rejoice. Spain has apparently picked us to make the playoffs. Maybe the Edmund Fitzgerald will resurface :D

Someone dubbed Muhammed an "albatross" fantasy pick... ???  Come on, that's a little harsh.  The guy was the #1 fantasy WR last season in a run-first offense with a somewhat of a no-name QB.  Why can't he do the same... or at least 75% of that with the Bears?  I'd be happy with having him as a 3rd WR or perhaps a #2 WR if my #1 was a pure stud. 

902928[/snapback]

...not sure that the Panthers were a "run-first" offense last year...in fact, until Goings started to get the rock 25 times / game in the last 5-6 weeks, they had a "no-run" offense...22nd in rushing attempts for the year, vs 11th is passing attempts. Even in the last few games of the year, when Goings was rolling, with 25-30 carries/game, Jake D. still had 29, 30, 35, 24 attempts ... I'll throw out the season-ending bizarro game with Goings' 16 rushes, Jake's 50 attempts vs. NOS ...

Anyway, I just don't see Moose getting good numbers in CHI ... not a positive situation for him ... or any WR for that matter, IMO.

God.....I hate it when a GB fan shows me up!

902786[/snapback]

Ya oughta be well used to it by now, old feller - the 80s are twenty years in the rear view these days. :D

All I know is that real Bears fans would never go to a Neil Diamond concert... :D

903061[/snapback]

Very true! And that IS the limit of your knowledge. :D :oldrazz:

Ya oughta be well used to it by now, old feller - the 80s are twenty years in the rear view these days.  :D

903033[/snapback]

And that's a good thing for GB fans. 2 words.....Forrest Gregg! :oldrazz: :D