[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chris Chambers oppinions.

Liverlips

I think a very nice season for him. Dante knows Linehans' system. Daunte loves the long ball. Ronnie Brown has another year under his belt to balance the offense side. In Linehans' last years in Minny, I remember Duante throwing alot of long balls to some guy with some of the same talents. May be his year to be the next Randy Moss. I'm betting on a super stud year, because he was already a stud, right. :D

But the QB position is kinda unsettled with 3 guys in the mix..

Dante, Daunte or Duante. Who's it going to be? :D

1373441[/snapback]

thats was funny! :D

Miami hasn't changed the offense from last year.

1373605[/snapback]

I think that's a stretch. The guy was there one year barely enough time for them to understand it and implement it still. How can they not change it? Won't the new OC implement his own system?

Edited by Brentastic

I think that's a stretch.  The guy was there one year barely enough time for them to understand it and implement it still.  How can they not change it?  Won't the new OC implement his own system?

1373614[/snapback]

If Cpep gets healthy and Chambers is the #1 WR in Miami I think he will rank in the top 10 at WR....he was 7th last year with Who at QB??? :D

Edited by yitbos69

I think that's a stretch.  The guy was there one year barely enough time for them to understand it and implement it still.  How can they not change it?  Won't the new OC implement his own system?

1373614[/snapback]

I'm sure that there's going to be some irrational exuberance regarding Chambers. Last year it was Kerry Collins because he was a great deep passer. I also don't agree with the assessment that Daunte will sprint out of the gates.

If Cpep gets healthy and Chambers is the #1 WR in Miami I think he will rank in the top 10 at WR....he was 7th last year with Who at QB??? :D

1373629[/snapback]

Just wondering why you quoted me when making this statement? I'm talking about their OC and what system they will use

I'm sure that there's going to be some irrational exuberance regarding Chambers.  Last year it was Kerry Collins because he was a great deep passer.  I also don't agree with the assessment that Daunte will sprint out of the gates.

1373631[/snapback]

Chambers no doubt will be a hot commodity in fantasy drafts. If Culpepper is healthy Chambers will probably have a career year. But considering the extent of Culpeppers injury, I'm not so sure the Dolphins will get a great return on their investment this season. And I don't see them letting Culpepper go wild. And we just don't know what kind of a quarterback Daunte will be with stitched up knees. Defenses will play the pass more effectively with a stationary Culpepper and that is going to hurt his numbers, no doubt about it.

Without the running element he becomes one dimensional, and if D.C. throws anything like he did last season, Chambers will spend much of the season chasing after defenders who have just intercepted yet another pass. And its hard to put up numbers like that.

That being said, I have Chambers on a keeper team, and I must admit I am a little bit juiced. As someone else stated, Chambers put up great numbers last year with the (insert quarterback) throwing him the ball, and with a chucker like Culpepper, Chambers should be a top 5 at the position. Or he could tank like so many players seemingly on the brink of fantasy greatness. Tough call, but I'll bet Chambers is chomping at the bit.

Edited by rattsass

oops

Edited by rattsass

Huge #'s, absolutely huge!!! Daunte isn't afraid to take risks down the field, and that is the exact type of QB a player like Chambers absolutely salivates for. The guy has some of the best ball skills in the league. He's a freak. Top 5 WR talent. Barring a Daunte disaster, I'm thinkin 85/1300/10 is the floor.

Huge #'s, absolutely huge!!!  Daunte isn't afraid to take risks down the field, and that is the exact type of QB a player like Chambers absolutely salivates for.  The guy has some of the best ball skills in the league.  He's a freak.  Top 5 WR talent.  Barring a Daunte disaster, I'm thinkin 85/1300/10 is the floor.

1374269[/snapback]

I'd say the catches and yds are about right...

I'd give him another 2-4 TD's maybe...

I'm not buying it. You don't come back from tearing all three ligaments and play at full speed, and if Daunte can't scramble, he's going to be in big, big trouble, which doesn't bode well for his receivers. Chambers is one of those guys who's very tempting because of the idea of his being Daunte's #1 receiver, but so was Nate Burleson, and look how well that turned out. I'm going to let somebody else take a chance on him in my draft.

1.  Watch Chris Chambers play

2.  Watch Nate Burleson play

3.  Never compare again.

1374346[/snapback]

Exactly. Chambers has consistently been in the top 20 (I think) and has had 2 solid years (I believe he had 9 TDs in 2003 as well as having a good 2005). Maybe he will be an every-other-year fantasy producer ala E. Moulds throughout his peak years.

The only risk with Chambers this coming season is the unknown at QB. I personally don't think C-pep will be back until mid-season. However, that is going on the return time of a WR or RB. A QB, even a scrambling one, may be able to play at a sufficient level while being less than 100%. Will Miami want to take that risk? Probably not.

Only time will tell.

The only risk with Chambers this coming season is the unknown at QB.  I personally don't think C-pep will be back until mid-season.

1374357[/snapback]

Last year Chambers didn't even get going until the latter part of the season.

Huge #'s, absolutely huge!!!  Daunte isn't afraid to take risks down the field, and that is the exact type of QB a player like Chambers absolutely salivates for.  The guy has some of the best ball skills in the league.  He's a freak.  Top 5 WR talent.  Barring a Daunte disaster, I'm thinkin 85/1300/10 is the floor.

1374269[/snapback]

This tells me that I don't need to worry about drafting Chambers this year. He's going to be gone before I'd take him.