[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL Network

westhemess21

Have it, but dont watch it consistently, are they gonna offer some regular season games in the future? Seems like I heard that awhile back.

1394133[/snapback]

They are, starting on Thanksgiving evening.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you don't have a digital cable box then? NFL network is in the 200s -- 265 I believe, which is why you have to have the digital package to get it.

1394127[/snapback]

No, I have a digital box. I just get a "not subscribed to channel" (or something like that) message when I turn to it. Screw them. I already pay something like $98/month for digital cable and internet... they're not getting another cent out of me.

I still can't freaking believe that Comcast doesn't even carry WGN out here. What a bunch of crap! :D

No, I have a digital box.  I just get a "not subscribed to channel" (or something like that) message when I turn to it.  Screw them.  I already pay something like $98/month for digital cable and internet... they're not getting another cent out of me.

I still can't freaking believe that Comcast doesn't even carry WGN out here.  What a bunch of crap!  :D

1394162[/snapback]

As far as I know, it's not an add on channel here. As far as carrying local channels...that has as much to do with WGN as it does with Comcast. Did you call them and tell them you can't get NFL network and they told you it's an add on? Because maybe it's a mistake.

As far as I know, it's not an add on channel here. As far as carrying local channels...that has as much to do with WGN as it does with Comcast. Did you call them and tell them you can't get NFL network and they told you it's an add on? Because maybe it's a mistake.

1394554[/snapback]

Hmmm... never thought of that. Guess it's worth a shot. Thanks.

I was under the impression that WGN was pretty much carried nationally on most cable packages (like TBS). Perhaps I'm mistaken. I got it in Texas, although that was through DirecTV.

Same problem here.  And I apparently can't get WGN at all.  Comcast blows.

I've had both Insight digital cable and DirecTV in the past, both of which offer it in the basic (or expanded basic) packages. 

If trees weren't completely blocking my view of the south, I'd go back to DirecTV in a second.

1394015[/snapback]

A good chainsaw will take care of that. :D

Hmmm... never thought of that.  Guess it's worth a shot.  Thanks.

I was under the impression that WGN was pretty much carried nationally on most cable packages (like TBS).  Perhaps I'm mistaken.  I got it in Texas, although that was through DirecTV.

1395604[/snapback]

I would think that would be regional. I don't get it here in the northeast. But I do get other regional affiliates.

I checked with my Comcast insider. :D

NFL Network is a tier 2 digital channel, so it is more expensive than just the base digital package, but it's for a bundle of channels, not just NFL network. Not sure what the $$ difference is.

TimeWarner, at least in the north east, does not offer it and upon my sending them a email request for it, they responded that they had no intention of offering the NFL Network any time in the near future.

I'm hoping once the regular season gets closer they add it or offer it for an additional cost.

Edited by bustedflush16

I checked with my Comcast insider. :D

NFL Network is a tier 2 digital channel, so it is more expensive than just the base digital package, but it's for a bundle of channels, not just NFL network. Not sure what the $$ difference is.

1395824[/snapback]

Thanks for the info. I have to call to order MLB Extra Innings tomorrow, so I'll ask then.

Directv has it for free. Another question: Does the Dish Network get the

Sunday Ticket now? In the past Directv was the only company that could do

this. Doesn't make sense to me. You'd think the NFL would make it more readily

available to other dish companies for the extra buck. :D

Directv has it for free. Another question: Does the Dish Network get the

Sunday Ticket now? In the past Directv was the only company that could do

this. Doesn't make sense to me. You'd think the NFL would make it more readily

available to other dish companies for the extra buck.   :D

1395852[/snapback]

No. I heard Directv extended the contract. I wish cable, Dish and Diract would all have it, but not at this time.

Cable in Canada, Bemuda and the Bahamas, but only Directv here.

Edited by Randall

I don't have to pay extra for it. It's part of the digital cable package, not a pay channel. And it's :D

1393647[/snapback]

Same for me, love the channel. They also have some shows/features available via NFL Network On Demand if you have Comcast. But no NFL ticket via Comcast. :D

Edited by Gunther

No, I have a digital box.  I just get a "not subscribed to channel" (or something like that) message when I turn to it.  Screw them.  I already pay something like $98/month for digital cable and internet... they're not getting another cent out of me.

I still can't freaking believe that Comcast doesn't even carry WGN out here.  What a bunch of crap!  :D

1394162[/snapback]

I have the platinum package, as well as the internet thru comcast and nfl network and didn't cost me a cent extra.

1394554[/snapback]

Following up on this, Comcast (out here, at least) includes the NFL Network as part of an extra sports package that costs $4.99/month. This also includes the NBA Network, some college basketball channels, some soccer channels, and some other garbage that I'll never watch.

Given that NFL Network is the only thing I'd bother watching and that I just spent $159 on Extra Innings, I declined to pick up this package.