[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

More on Favre from Chumura

Jumpin Johnies

Entire Story

Apparently referring to his friendship with Favre, Chmura said it ended because of money.

"You know what wrecked the whole thing?" Chmura asked. "It's money. You know?"

Chmura said his familiarity with Favre gives him a particular insight into what Favre is thinking on the issue of retirement.

"When people sit there and read these comments, I'm pretty qualified to read between the lines and tell you what this guy is about," Chmura said. "Good or bad, that's fine. I mean, a lot of athletes are like this. They are selfish. They are all about themselves. I think some of these quotes you are seeing show it."

Chmura cited an online poll in the Journal Sentinel that showed about 33% of the more than 22,000 respondents did not want Favre to come back. The survey is unscientific.

Chmura cited another comment Favre made last season about not wanting to mentor then-rookie quarterback Aaron Rodgers.

"He said something to the effect, 'No. He can learn on his own.' Well, what is that? Like I said, it's OK to think it but you never say that. You don't say that.

"There are fans out there (who) could find out that Brett Favre could run over 14 puppies and they still wouldn't care. These people would think he was still the greatest thing since sliced bread. But I think there are people out there . . . who are kind of on the fence (thinking), 'What is this guy all about?'"

Chmura said Walker, the wide receiver whom Chmura referred to as the Packers' "best offensive player two years ago," was not going to play for Green Bay this season. Walker said recently he would rather retire than play for Green Bay.

"I think he is going to stand pat and he is not coming in," Chmura said. "He'll really look like an idiot if he does (come in), after the fuss he made last season of not showing up. I don't think he shows up."

Karmazin, whose company owns WAUK, said Monday afternoon that he did not think Chmura's opinions about Favre's retirement issue were caused by bitter feelings Chmura has because the quarterback did not show support for Chmura during the trial.

Karmazin said Chmura, as someone paid to offer opinions, was expressing one about an important issue for the Packers and for the National Football League.

But.....no one cares what Mark Chumura thinks. He could be right in some of his takes, but he should follow his own advice...

"Like I said, it's OK to think it but you never say that. You don't say that."

Edited by Hitman

Entire Story

Apparently referring to his friendship with Favre, Chmura said it ended because of money.

"You know what wrecked the whole thing?" Chmura asked. "It's money. You know?"

"I think he is going to stand pat and he is not coming in," Chmura said. "He'll really look like an idiot if he does (come in), after the fuss he made last season of not showing up. I don't think he shows up."

Chmura is a self cntered biased rapist who needs attention and is playing off of Favre to gain spotlight and possibly interviews in which he'll have an asking price or airfare and hotel with all accomodations....his opinion means zippo and is a waste of space in any thread or paper.....

How long ago was his trail???? Come on this guy is still fuming over it ....get a life Mark your friendly(un) neighborhood stalker...... :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

How long ago was his trail????  Come on this guy is still fuming over it ....get a life Mark your friendly(un) neighborhood stalker...... :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

1402338[/snapback]

Around January 2001. Verdict was given on 2/3/01.

Chmura is a self cntered biased rapist who needs attention and is playing off of Favre to gain spotlight and possibly interviews

1402338[/snapback]

Doesn't mean his points are completely without merit.

1402933[/snapback]

Thank you, Chavez. Who better than a former member of the Packers, a former teammate of Favre, a former roommate of Favre, a current broadcaster paid to talk about the Packers -- to give a personal opinion about the Packers and Favre??

Is Chamura a schmuck? Maybe. Does that mean he loses his right to run his mouth about whether Favre should announce his intentions so the franchise can take the necessary steps in the draft and free agency? BAH. He's somewhat uniquely positioned to speak to it.

My take from half a country away and never having met Brett? Favre's a hall of fame quarterback. His indecision is starting near a time when it may hurt the team, however ... so I think a bit of chatter in his direction about it is fair ... and that's Chamura's job.

"There are fans out there (who) could find out that Brett Favre could run over 14 puppies and they still wouldn't care. These people would think he was still the greatest thing since sliced bread."

:D

Chewie's a child-rapist douchebag who's coming out of the woodwork because he has an axe to grind with Brett.

Chewie's a child-rapist douchebag who's coming out of the woodwork because he has an axe to grind with Brett.

1403043[/snapback]

1403043[/snapback]

Oh please...a 17 year old who took hiim to her prom is hardly a "child" these days. What did you just come crawling out of a cave that you've lived in since the 1950's? And whether or not actual rape occurred is anyone's guess as far as I know. I know I don't recall ever hearing anything about there being a consensus on what actually occurred that night.

I don't recall ever hearing anything about there being a consensus on what actually occurred that night.

1403088[/snapback]

...which is why Mark Chmura is a free man.

Oh please...a 17 year old who took hiim to her prom is hardly a "child" these days.  What did you just come crawling out of a cave that you've lived in since the 1950's?  And whether or not actual rape occurred is anyone's guess as far as I know.  I know I don't recall ever hearing anything about there being a consensus on what actually occurred that night.

1403088[/snapback]

He wasn't her date that night. He went to the party with a friend who's daughter was having the party. Chmura played beer pong with the girl who was also his babysitter. She testified that she got hammered and then got into her underwear and got into the hottub with Chmura. She told others at the party that he fingered her in the hottub and fondled her. Different witnesses testified that they told her that Chmura was in the bathroom and she went in there anyways. She claims that he raped her but the jury didn't believe her. Almost nothing she said was ever backed up by anyone else. Almost everything was contradicted. So what probably happened was Chmura intentionally got an underage drunk and took advantage of her. The guy's a scumbag but probably isn't a rapist.

The guy's a scumbag but probably isn't a rapist.

1403151[/snapback]

...and has nothing to do with the merit of his points regarding Favre/The Packers.